{'en': 'They investigate a new diabetes vaccine', 'es': 'Investigan una nueva vacuna contra la diabetes'} Image

They investigate a new diabetes vaccine

fer's profile photo   06/06/2017 5:13 p.m.

The Belgian Bill has started experiments for the elaboration of a new vaccine for type 1 diabetes. In research work, scientists are involved at the University of Leuven, in Flanders (Belgium).

The experiment will take place in 18 places in Belgium, England, Denmark, France and Germany, with newly diagnosed patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus and that have not passed with it for more than six months.

The Exalt Program of the European Union will have six million euros to find a cure for this condition, and this investigation will benefit from this public financing.

The vaccine will use modified peptides called imotopes.The essential objective in which researchers work is to stop the autoimmune system preventing the beta cells of the pancreas, insulin producers.

The first results of this research are expected by the end of 2018.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/06/2017 5:13 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

With public financing.That is what is convenient.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/06/2017 8:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I tell you what I think @"fer" or better I shut it up, hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/06/2017 10:41 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.