{'en': 'José Olivera, lost his leg due to poorly controlled diabetes', 'es': 'José Olivera, perdió la pierna por diabetes mal controlada'} Image

José Olivera, lost his leg due to poorly controlled diabetes

fer's profile photo   06/07/2017 9:24 a.m.

José Olivera, builder, diagnosed with type 2 diabetes twelve years ago: “I noticed that something happened to me because I never drink water and started drinking water without stopI couldn't continue like this.I approached the La Paz hospital and they tested the sugar and had almost 600 milligrams, which is a barbarity. ”

"I am very positive and always optimistic, and thanks to the sport I have practiced, always risk sports (paragliding, diving, caleology ..), I don't scare me anything, so the news did not cause me fear."

He also ensures that the disease has not changed his life even though they had to amputate a leg.Less than a year ago they put an orthopedic leg that has not given him a major problem.

He assures that he got used to her in the minute one and that when they were placed it had not walking eight months.He even dares to drive because the car is automatic.

Link

“I have not had any pain, nor the feeling of the so -called ghost nerves.I have never had to take pills, like many people who have a very bad time, because they feel they still have a leg, support and fall, and it has not happened to me, ”he says.

This diabetes, he says, came for age.It is true that he likes candy a lot, but doctors told him that he had nothing to do with it: "It must have been because of age, stress ...", he explains.

In the day to day, not to be able to eat sweet, because he loves cakes.On the other hand he has never smoked or drunk alcohol.

José tells that when his leg was cut it was not a traumatic moment.Due to the lack of blood irrigation first, a wound appeared in the lower part of the finger and told him that it was necessary to cut it, because it could be passed to the other, which also cut it after a while, and so on up to four amputated phalanges.

"I did nothing but go to the hospital, it was almost like my hotel: the bed was like my office full of papers, and drawings."The doctor replied that in three days, and asked to be able to see the amputation… ”

Insulina (20 units) is currently clicking at night, and although it has not been diving a year, his favorite sport is willing to resume it "because it can be done perfectly without a leg."

fer's profile photo
fer
06/07/2017 9:24 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have gone through something similar, to the worst that can be done is to carry an lack of control, our healing is very slow and comes with infections.48 % of amputations in diabetes mellitus 2y the development of the increasingly young disease even children.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/05/2020 4:05 a.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.