{'en': '"Glucome" allows you to monitor diabetes digital', 'es': '"GlucoMe" permite monitorear la diabetes de manera digital'} Image

"Glucome" allows you to monitor diabetes digital

fer's profile photo   06/08/2017 9:38 a.m.

Technology continues to alian with medicine for those who suffer from diabetes a digital tool that significantly improves the treatment and surveillance of ailment.

Co -founded by Dov Moran, inventor of USB memory, the Israeli GlucoMe company developed a new method to treat diabetes in a totally innovative way, allowing patients to monitor their blood levels and obtain data that were not possible before.

Information can be stored in the cloud and be accessible to doctors, who can create more effective specific treatments for diabetics.

1 out of 11 adults suffers from diabetes, a metabolic disease in which they show high blood levels by prolonged periods of time.In the United States alone, there were 29.1 million people in 2012 diagnosed with diabetes, 9.3% of the population, according to the American Diabetes Association.

This disease was the seventh cause of death in the United States in 2010, and about 1.4 million diabetics are diagnosed every year.

What happens in the United States is a reflection of other developed countries.The disease is advancing, but the health services of each country have limited resources to meet the growing population of diabetics, according to the co -founder and executive director of GlucoMe, Yiftah Ben Aharon.

Diabetics only see, on average, about ten minutes to their doctors in the consultations every three months, according to the data of the company itself.

"It is necessary to manage in some way the sick with diabetes and prioritize those who need more help, so that patients receive proper treatment. Unfortunately, it is something that is not happening with the current model," says Ben Aharon.

For this reason Glukome was launched to control this growing problem.The company's platform uses an intelligent glucose monitoring method, a pencil that monitors insulin, a mobile app and a cloud -based management system to expedite the treatment."We wanted to build a network of connected analysis devices, so that we could access the digitized results in computers and in the cloud and analyze the data," explains Ben Aharon.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/08/2017 9:38 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

And is this diabetes technology?hahahaha synchronize a glucometer (which still has the function of the stone age, extracting the drop of blood through a puncture) with a server (which privacy has that data? What guarantee are not used for other purposes ??, etc...) and manage results with a mobile app, to "expedite the treatment and medical consultation is instant" are we dumb?Other Jetas such as Insulclock (feathers, which according to them synchronize data in the cloud of insulin quantity, time, if it is in good condition, at the price of € 250, but do not talk about the battery/battery and cost, which logicallyincrease price).That a doctor will settle on their personal mobile or computer an app/program to see the result of each patient ???And of course that will not affect the people who go.How bad I take those who make a m **** and sell it little and more as if it were the solution to the problem, that if the scam (I charge for the cloud service) or mu.Doctors like any mortal uses their mobile or computer and free time to look at their WhatsApp, emails or searches on Google, not to look at glycemic results of hundreds of people.The problem of all these m **** that they have no interesting technological advance and impact on their diabetes is to dedicate pages in specialized magazines.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/08/2017 10:30 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Luvi better explained impossible, I am fed up with so much nonsense, both in the advances of advances and in the priests, and go a tease and go business, and if I could put the type 1 diabetes to all these cantamañanas who only want moneyand they care about a m **** what we are suffering.Hala I have stayed at ease

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
06/08/2017 11:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@luvi,@fanafrezza, you are not so hard, to me the founders of the company remind me a lot of my experience 15 years ago, in the sense that at that time there were no mobile applications to help the monitoring of the controls, and I decidedTo do one.

I agree that the model they propose, is late and surely not a success, much less the solution to diabetes, and that this type of Marketinian comments bother us a lot, but hey, hopefully one day, a company like thisConmire and at a low price, I would be delighted !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/08/2017 12:16 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

But you have said@"fer" 15 years ago, when mobile technology (smartphone) started and when then I was in the line of that advance, which is not logical that 15 years later they want to sell us the same then withOnly the peculiarity of the connectivity/synchronization of the data (something that has been as the Bluetooth, NFC, etc.) but it is now when they are looking for the game, said this, that is not quantifying reason to offer it as a novelty.As I say services in the cloud, connectivity, etc. They have been, but we also know of the fragility in those servers that manage that information and now come with this "novelty" of service with alleged subscriptions of an eye of the face.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/08/2017 2:04 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Luvi" If so, we can be calm because the problem will be fixed alone ... true that the system is not very novel, and in fact, there are many options that do not cost money and that allow you to do something similar, ofFact, I think that the only thing really novel is that in this case they give you all the "pack", including the glucose monitor with the USB ... everything else is more than invented.

On the other hand, I believe that most successful inventions end up being copies of other solutions that already exisLooking at this article and you will see.;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/08/2017 3:14 p.m.

By the way, that for invention failed ... someone remembers the glycowatch? ... I spent a paste in the pot, and failed more than a fair shotgun !!!X (

fer's profile photo
fer
06/08/2017 3:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.