{'en': 'New insulin Tresiba', 'es': 'Nueva insulina tresiba'} Image

New insulin Tresiba

Alvarozuma's profile photo   06/29/2016 10:10 a.m.

They have told my mother a friend of her friend who has a diabetic child, that there is an insulin that what she does is improve the glucose and makes you not get up or get off a lot.Insulin is called Tresiba I don't know if someone knows this insulin that can inform me.Thanks in advance.

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 10:10 a.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

@Alvarozuma There are already several posts that talk about that "new" insulin, there are people who have been with her and myself for a time.It is not a different insulin in that it improves glucose, this improvement based on the 3 fundamental pillars, food and fair dose of insulins.The Tresiba is a basal prolonged action insulin that covers 24 hours, unlike in my case of my previous basal NPH that its action was 6 hours, so with this new one you only need to supply once.Being prolonged action and covering 24 hours your line of action is flat, which does not run the risk of those peaks when you are stopping acting.As an example, it is as if the Tresiba were an atmospheric engine and my old NPH was a turbo engine, when the turbo reached its top to the highest peak the power would fall and lower the curve.While the Tresiba would maintain a flat line without few or power falls until its rpm stop.More or less is similarity.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/29/2016 10:21 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Luvi just prescribed my endocrine this new insulin says that it is better for 24 hours a day, I'll tell you how I am doing

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 11:14 a.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.