High glymia two hours after meals

imara's profile photo   06/29/2016 1:07 p.m.

(or also higher at two hours than at the time or hour and a half)

Hello,
I have been a few hours from some meals for a few days, the thing is a high point, and when sleeping for a while (30 min siesta for example), he goes up a lot;Or by measuring and seeing the trend of the free Abbott, I measure in blood and control for ten or fifteen minutes, and I have to put an insulin.
Have you lived these things?Do you have controlled when and why does it happen to you?
And I don't talk about anything special, with special emotions, no disgust, no pressure ... that we already know that emotions make the thing vary greatly;Although of course, the same is not special for others, it affects me ...
Anyway, I would like to know your experiences.
Thank you :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
06/29/2016 1:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@imara proves to write down what you eat, maybe it is due to lack of fast insulin when it comes to meals if it only happens to you at two hours more than having eaten, but sometimes it can also happen than depending on the type of HC that you ingestIt rises more or less fast, it happens for example with rice and I put the 45min insulin before eating for example.
I underpin everything and watch how you are going for a week, if you see that it is always repeated, comment with your endocrine to tell you how much to upload if it were the case.I would tell you that you try to upload a unit and see how you are going, but putting the sensitivity and that they may pass you halfway to you, I better comment with him.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/29/2016 2:18 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Thanks, Gema.I have been writing down a month and, as Rutbia said for another thread, it is an X file.
I have controlled the rice, I almost always climb me.The integral less.
The insulin and not eating in more than ten minutes is not for me:-D

Yesterday I started with the pen of half units, we will see if you can adjust.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
07/01/2016 1:57 p.m.

Depending on how I am at the time of eating and what I have to eat skewed half an hour before, at the time of eating or half an hour or an hour later.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
07/02/2016 9:32 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Are the insulins you use fast or ultra -grape action?
Because the one I use, Apidra (and before, novorapid) are ultra-grapeHalf an hour before it is unthinkable if you are within the right ranges (if you are very high then).
To put it later it will depend on what is going to eat and how one is, of course.But that is a long process study, because the same food does not make me the same effect twice :-(

The truth is that I have been very difficult for a few days.The guideline I had until a couple of weeks ago does not work at all;And although I have been with upload problems after two hours, yesterday before eating I was almost in hypoglycemia (that is another, to see the effects of the exercise ... we are adding factors; because three years ago I was so weak that there was nomade more than breathing and moving with difficulty; now the exercise is gradually resolved a more intense point).And after dinner, despite getting much less insulin than at noon (which after eating I had to add another unit) at the time I was in hypoglycemia.

imara's profile photo
imara
07/04/2016 1:09 p.m.

@imara ... is the problem of being a woman.It depends on your cycle.It only serves to try and err and so continuously.
As you carry free one more unit and watch at the time like these.If you go down and tendency to go down as something light.It is what I do before ovular or menstruate.The rest I have to get very low doses.Now I have 2 Breakfast dose and only 1 for eating or dinner.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/04/2016 4:21 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

imara said:
The insulins you use are fast or ultra -grape action?
Because the one I use, Apidra (and previously novorapid) are ultra -grape, and begin the effect at approximately 15 minutes

Quiet that happens to everyone with all "ultra -grape", whether Humalog, novorapid or apride.

The name of "ultra -grape" is almost an insult to our intelligence, since its action begins late and its peak is at the time more or less, and its effect is extended too much in time.

I have a huge anger with this since if you want to eat things with many HC of medium-high Ig it is impossible to make decent glucose curves even clicking 20 minutes before.I have already left it as impossible and I assume that I am going to have peaks of up to 250 and then stay at three hours in 100. That is, I do everything well but I do not have the appropriate means.

What I am not going to do is change food when it is correct, just to be able to show off in the endocrine of curves.

They are missing quick insulins, they are already being investigated and are of evidence with humans, they will not take too long.
At the moment as always in diabetes "you have to wait."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/04/2016 9:46 p.m.

artories said:
imara said:
The insulinas you use are fast or ultra -sword action?
Because the one I use, Apidra (and previously novorapid) are ultra -grape, and begin the effect at approximately 15 minutes

Quiet that happens to everyone with all "ultra -grape", whether Humalog, novorapid or apride.

The name of "ultra -grape" is almost an insult to our intelligence, since its action begins late and its peak is at the time more or less, and its effect is extended too much in time.

Thanks, artories :-)
He said "ultra-grape" because as I have read several times that there are those who put it for more than half an hour before eating, I clearly looked for the differences between them, and I found that "nuance" ;-) to me the apidra begins to metake effect more or less at 15-20 minutes and yes, the peak at the time.I have been trying to put it on some meals a couple of days after eating, and not before, and it seems that I do better.I am pointing everything because I am not clear about the effects according to various combinations ... if the effect lasts ... I still have it halfway;There are times yes, that it lengthens a lot, and sometimes that it seems that it ends almost after the peak.

As for showing off curves ... I am not interested, really.The only thing that interests me is to find myself well, and I am better when the peaks are less accentuated.

jaume said:
I depend on how I am at the time of eating and what I have to eat signed half an hour before, at the time of eating or half an hour or an hour later.

Jaume, I guess if you do so it is because you can and you do well.For me, for now, it is unthinkable to click more than ten minutes before;With a blood glucose of between 90 and 120, and with my sensitivity a few days to insulin, if I click before I suppose I could give me a hypo.So late after eating, I haven't tried it either ... I'm in full discovery of trends, really.Little by little.Only in some moments I have desperate somewhat.Better today ;-)

ruthbia said:
@imara ... is the problem of being a woman.It depends on your cycle.It only serves to try and err and so continuously.
As you carry free one more unit and watch at the time like these.If you go down and tendency to go down as something light.It is what I do before ovular or menstruate.The rest I have to get very low doses.Now I carry 2 Breakfast and only 1 dose for eating or dinner.

Well, being a woman sometimes seems like a problem, but it is really a great wealth to be able to live so many variations and learn from them, because it helps to understand many things.Of course, at times and according to the days it is heavy to attend hormones.But if you don't attend them, if you don't listen to your body, you go to the club :-)
Now I continue with low doses, but variables.At breakfast is where I have been seeing that I need more than in the other meals.And in ovulation insulin makes me a huge effect, vice versa that in pre-manstruation and menstruation, which I am much more sensitive in general, but with more insulin resistance.That is what I observe.Until you investigate three or four cycles, I will not be able to establish more patterns, because there are also factors that vary from cycle to cycle ...
And yes, Free is helping me a lot now, despite its limitations, for the topic of the trends.

Hugs :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
07/05/2016 3:26 p.m.

jaume said:
I depend on how I am at the time of eating and what I have to eat signed half an hour before, at the time of eating or half an hour or an hour later.

@Jaume, that I think that in what situations do you click half an hour or an hour later?Because the same if as slow hydrates, and it rises slowIf you are working).And at two hours it starts to climb.With what I am higher at three hours, and I'm hungry, I want to snack.
Today, for example: before eating, 134;at the time, 103 in Abbott's free;At two hours, 87 in Abbott's free, 97 in blood.And it comes just to endure sitting doing the minimum.Now, at two hours three quarters of having eaten, to 130 and climbing slowly according to the free ... and I know that in half an hour I will be starving.
It is not the first time that this happens to me, and with lower values ​​about to hip (and at noon, but at night I have had hypos with similar examples to the one I count).
Perhaps if I had put insulin half an hour after eating the values ​​would be more stable?I do not know ... I do assumptions and probatures, because not only the glycemia values ​​within the range matter, but also (and first, to be able to function in the day to day) what one feels in your body.Because if you are sleeping or at the first change you move or there is a little tension at work you fall or tremble, well we are doing well ...
8- |

imara's profile photo
imara
07/07/2016 5:52 p.m.

imara said:
jaume said:
I depending on how I am at the time of eating and what I have to eat signed half an hour before, inThe moment of eating or half an hour or an hour later.

@Jaume, that I think that in what situations do you click half an hour or an hour later?Because the same if as slow hydrates, and it rises slowIf you are working).And at two hours it starts to climb.With what I am higher at three hours, and I'm hungry, I want to snack.
Today, for example: before eating, 134;at the time, 103 in Abbott's free;At two hours, 87 in Abbott's free, 97 in blood.And it comes just to endure sitting doing the minimum.Now, at two hours three quarters of having eaten, to 130 and climbing slowly according to the free ... and I know that in half an hour I will be starving.
It is not the first time that this happens to me, and with lower values ​​about to hip (and at noon, but at night I have had hypos with similar examples to the one I count).
Perhaps if I had put insulin half an hour after eating the values ​​would be more stable?I do not know ... I do assumptions and probatures, because not only the glycemia values ​​within the range matter, but also (and first, to be able to function in the day to day) what one feels in your body.Because if you are sleeping or at the first change you move or there is a little tension at work you fall or tremble, well we are doing well ...
8- |
Thank you:-)

…Said common sense, knowing that diabetes often do not find common sense, but if we scratch a little sure you find indications of why you are so at that time.
In my case and in my monotonous life in terms of schedules and meals, in the morningBelow 90/100, it is when I punish me later, depending on whether they are fast or slow half -hour hydrates three hours later, this has added whether that day or the previous one I have done sports or not.
This is what works for me, it is a matter of testing and sometimes risk a little and always being prepared for what it can be, in that I have greatly facilitated the task and currently the Dexcom.The schedule theme takes it very much to Rajatabla and helps me make the decisions for until what time I can delay insulin and if I need to take supplements with which food can do it.
Well I've already hit your roll !!If I can contribute something else about my experiences here I am.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
07/07/2016 11:31 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

Thanks, @jaume :-)
I am also doing tests, strict guidelines are not useful;only perhaps at the beginning as guidance.On the other hand, if your schedules are routine you can observe things more easily.Mine are not ... but hey, we are doing probatures and observing, a few days more calmly, others with less ;-)
Can you give me any concrete example of when you click before (half an hour? Twenty minutes?) And when later?(How long later?).That is, with what meals that corresponds, for example.

imara's profile photo
imara
07/08/2016 2:26 p.m.

imara said:
thanks, @jaume :-)
I am also doing tests, strict guidelines are not useful;only perhaps at the beginning as guidance.On the other hand, if your schedules are routine you can observe things more easily.Mine are not ... but hey, we are doing probatures and observing, a few days more calmly, others with less ;-)
Can you give me any concrete example of when you click before (half an hour? Twenty minutes?) And when later?(How long later?).That is, with what meals that corresponds, for example.

Thank you:-)

If, for example, I am clicking half an hour before, because in my case at half an hour I already started seeing the effects of insulin, today at noon (13:30) I had pasta salad and as I was just (80)Until the five that I have not reached 170 I have not punctured.But those values ​​will not have any equal day, you have to make your own probatures and it depends on you.It also affects me to eat two days in a row vegetables or two days in a row paste salads, very recurring at this time of year.I imagine that the body has more reserves in the second case and that is when you have to weigh the time and amount of insulin.
I know that I am very weird, hahahahahaha, but it is my experience and what is doing better, so there is no equal day and the guideline you have to adapt, that and with all my respects you cannot teach you or the doctorNeither educator, they give you the notions and guide you but you have to live it and learn from day to day.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
07/08/2016 9:35 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

Good morning, @jaume.Yes, it is evident that learning is personal and individual.But also nourishes the experiences and knowledge of others, and that is why we are in this forum ;-)
Thank you so much :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
07/11/2016 7:54 a.m.

The guidelines is fine but many times they don't work.Today I have total insulin resistance.It hasn't served me ... if I get to know or put it on and save the Moraton that I have done.
For 1 glass of milk (1 HC ration) with 2 of fast insulin and 210 when taking it.I haven't had breakfast anything else.Normally with 2 insulin gives me for 3 servings and I am 85 at two hours.
It gives me a lot of anger because I have been with a flat curve between 80-85 almost 3 weeks;almost without peaks in the main meals.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2016 12:53 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Sometimes what fails is the ball ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2016 2:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The doctor also tells me that sometimes all the INSU is not introduced well, and something comes out (especially with small doses), and on the other hand, sometimes our body does not absorb it well, depending on the time ...
The strict guidelines, of the type, never serve more than for specific moments.They must be flexible (although perhaps someone whose movement is monotonous and is not altered by anything may work, I don't know)
:-)

imara's profile photo
imara
07/11/2016 2:41 p.m.

Not if I know what it is .... Premenstruation ... 4-5 days to triple insulin, hypoglycemia and then go down again because crazy hormones are regulated.
I always try the bolis before putting the dose, sometimes I think that 20% of the pen is going to the trash with the test before each dose.

Very good for the body it cannot be so much change.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/12/2016 4:03 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.