The story of Federico Freire, reinforcement of Olympus, is very particular.That disease was detected eight years, but his life is as normal as that of any professional player.Sergio Daniel Peyssé / Speysse@lanueva.com

Some life stories deserve to be told.And it does not matter if it is an ordinary person or a professional football player with a name winning in the First Division environment.

Federico Freire, one of Olympus's current reinforcements, can be known for some, others will have to "google", but his testimony of faith, struggle, perseverance and will, makes it an example, beyond whatThat he can perform on the court once the championship starts and the aurinegro has to fight for points that, date, will take him to paradise or hell.

Freire, or "La Gata", as they say, in 2007, a week before traveling to the U17 World Cup in Korea, they discovered that he had type 1 diabetes, and how he could not go to defend the colors of the national team,He decided to stop playing.

Dr. Luis Dessembacher convinced him that he could continue his dream.Then, the capital player took the council, he rode his illusion, managedItalian calcium level.

"Dr. Descambacher helped me think differently. I see it every three months for my routine studies, to see how they are giving sugar levels and to chat a little," Freire told the "Canchallena" site in September of2013.

-Today, how do you carry the disease and what care do you have to have at the active practice of football to the highest level?

--It is a cheat, for many unknown, which can be woke up if you do not control it or your mood is not what has to be.8 years go and do not generate any complication when playing football or demanding physically.Taking up, being aware of the disease, you can lead an absolutely normal life.

Today, Freire continues to visit the Argentine Diabetic Protection League (LAPDI) and the Argentine Fadi Foundation, to give talks about her personal experience.

“Diabetes should not be afraid of him, yes much respect.Many diabetic boys write to me and ask me if they can follow the dream of reaching First.Yes, that they remain calm, that they can be the same or more than anyone. "

-Was the disease surprised, or is it hereditary?

I was surprised;I have no relatives who have had diabetes.He also grabbed me at a very particular moment, when I was in the Argentine Sub 17 team. They are stones on the road to be overcome, they pass through something.It was a hard time, but it did not prevent me or prevents me from continuing with what I want, which is to play football.

"Vivaldo told me that it was very nice to play here"

Freire is 25 years old (November 6, 1990), is a central flyer, left -handed, measures 1.80 and three months ago he does not officially play.

--What can be added to your football life?

-I like to play a central steering wheel, a position that I know a lot, although I can perform anywhere in the midfield.

Last year, Cristian Díaz was his DT at San Martín de Porres University, in Peru.

"I had an excellent year, although at the beginning of 2016 I was left out of the squad for extra -sockets.aurinegro goalkeeper) ".

-I sent a message to Vivaldo and it was very direct: "They take a jewel."

-What fame did me! ... (laughs).He spoke to me very well about the club, of family treatment, and told me that the city was going to like me, thatHere I could do all the procedures quickly and that the rhythm of life was going to change me in a hundred percent.He clarified more than once that I take the opportunity, because it is very nice to play in Olympus even though many do not want to go to Bahía Blanca.

"I sold everything, even rules for cutting and preparation"

A hustler."When I was a boy, before finishing high school, I needed money for weekends, that's why I sold what you can thinkRules to their students, because the rule was a first -need for that activity ... (laughs).

The support of the "Turk.""In 2007, when my disease jumped, I stopped playing almost automatically. But I was in Vélez, and the coach was Omar Asad, who accompanied me, gave me time and saved me from all my strange thoughts. He told me that football wasA very pretty way of life, and that I could not leave it for anything in the world.professional".

Excited"The human group is excellent, and from there we have to go out to make the best tournament of our lives. The average is skinny, but with the way of playing of Cristian (Díaz), we are going to talk, I assure you".