{'en': 'What about the popcorn?', 'es': '¿Qué pasa con las palomitas?'} Image

What about the popcorn?

Via's profile photo   07/05/2016 5:32 p.m.

Good afternoon.

I have been observing that the afternoons that I go to the cinema, I take popcorn, a small container, shared with another person, and as drink: water.

When the movie ends, my glycemia has experienced a tremendous climb even though at the beginning it was in 120.

The climb to which I mean can be up to 268 as last Sunday.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Greetings.

Via's profile photo
Via
07/05/2016 5:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Palomites are corn, that is, carbohydrates, if you do not put insulin for popcorn it is normal for glycemia.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/05/2016 6 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

True @nigiri, but dismissed that I could produce such a big and so fast climb.What I did last Sunday is to apply a bolus just out.Hereinafter, I will have to do it before if I want to continue taking popcorn :)

Via's profile photo
Via
07/05/2016 6:27 p.m.

They rise faster than raw corn, because they have the starch already transformed into heat glucose ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/05/2016 11:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

A question that may be very ignorant ... And the way in which popcorn is prepared can influence?In my house they usually take popcorn and spend many times.I had seen that there are a kind of <span style = "color: #000000;"Neither oil nor condiments, only with heat to make the popcorn.What I imagine makes them something healthier, but I don't know to what extent it will help glucose.I guess rather little or nothing but ... I don't know what to think about that.What do you think?

Thanks to everyone :)

DiabeSuarez's profile photo
DiabeSuarez
09/29/2017 11:41 a.m.

They are usually similar.Calculate the fast and you adjust to eat them without problem.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/30/2017 6:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.