Loss of vision

Ruthbia's profile photo   07/12/2016 1:22 p.m.

Hello everyone
Since yesterday I have noticed that I do not see well for an eye, only at average distance like when I debuted and the diabetic presbyopy came out.I lasted about 10 days but it limits me a lot to see in average distances, or close or far away.It also does not affect my eye, if not the other.

This week I have a lot of insulin resistance ... hormones ... and not low from 130 but I am at most 200 after meals.(I have already uploaded insulin but for now I don't see the effects on free) I don't know if it will be for this, other months has not happened to me.

Has anyone happened to him?In principle I will wait to see if it reverses, if not, I will have to go to the oculist.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/12/2016 1:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

In principle, there are few data to venture a diagnosis that on the other hand would be absolutely impossible without careful exploration.The fact that you see at medium distance, may mean that your visual acuity has lowered, up to 50%, which excludes vitreal hemorrhage, which reduces vision completely.That the myopic eye has not been affected is only feasible if myopia is considerable (more than 10-12 dipries).If that decrease in the vision of the non -mine eye, it is improvable with glasses, it should not be a retina problem.In any case, the visit to the ophthalmologist is inescapable even in the event that the problem would be solved by itself, which is not likely.You have to go to ophthalmologo yes or if

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
07/12/2016 2:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks @ophthalmolgo.
I did the annual review in January and I am well in the background, my diopters are still stable since my 17 years and without any anomaly.
I have 1.25 myopia in the right eye and on the left 0.25 Freemetropia that is why I see now only at medium distance.I have not put my glasses for years because I compensate and I see in general well with both active eyes.

I worked in an office with a computer and yesterday I began to see badly and cost me a lot, I first covered an eye and then another, so I realized that I had the same symptoms as when I debuted in diabetes.But more than not seeing in "distance", it is blurred vision, to see if I am going to have astigmatism?And so suddenly, from one day to another?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/12/2016 3:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Being like that, I do not think it is a retinopathy problem, but of refraction defect.These defects, of course, do not appear from one day to another.The eye makes accommodation efforts, which is continuous work that normally derives in headache.This effort is quite easy to do in young people, and is practically automatic, but begins to get lost (the capacity of the eye to accommodate at certain distances) around 35-40 years, so it is necessary to use the glasses much longerFrom that age (I don't know what you have).In any case, it is quite logical that, after an effort of accommodation (at the distance of the computer), the eye takes a while to recover that automatism.It does not happen to you in my eye because, it adapts much better to 50 or 60 cm from the distance of the computer.I am glad that it is a problem of quite easy solution, even if you must use the glasses systematically, when working at least

Javier Arriaga Sanz
07/12/2016 5:48 p.m.

Thank you @Oftalmologo, surely you're right (spend 40) and I have to put my glasses but the left glass where I don't see well is neutral.
Last summer I will graduate again ... how hard it is to spend the 40 ... everything has come to me.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/13/2016 12:40 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Surely the left eye has a small larvated greener that forces you to make a constant effort at work.That must be the explanation

Javier Arriaga Sanz
07/13/2016 12:45 p.m.

@Oftalmologo A question that has nothing to do with this issue but I just emerged by reading you.I completely refuse to wear glasses when I am old.I have an eye operated recently with LASEK and I still have a lot of cornea thickness available, since it didn't need much correction by having very little myopia.

Would a second operation possible in that eye within 10 or 20 years?

thank you so much

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/13/2016 9:54 p.m.

If the cornea retains by then, the necessary quality, there should be no problem

Javier Arriaga Sanz
07/14/2016 8:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.