New category "Sports and Diabetes"

fer's profile photo   07/28/2016 5:54 p.m.

In the forum we have created the category "Sports and Diabetes" to be able to find more easily all the issues that deal with how to start in the sport with diabetes and advice for those who are already experts !!!

You can see the category every time a new topic is created and also in the link consult the related messages:

Link

The official description of the category is as follows:

Doing sports is essential to stay healthy, with diabetes practicing it is somewhat more complicated, here you can find tips and ask questions that will help you do sports.

Although as always, improvement suggestions are admitted !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/28/2016 5:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is beautiful to mark challenges to get them, it is hard to do it, we will fall hundreds of times and with a ...... of ...... we must get up and continue, and I say that when I fall I sink and thank youTo the comments and messages I receive from many of you I get up and I think of something more complicated than I have fallen.

And we have to be very clear that sport can be walking, but we don't leave it alone in 3 hours a week as an article out there.

I encourage everyone and put our shoes and go out !!!!!!

The heat is no excuse for not leaving, I can assure you those who see on Facebook what I do some you will understand me.All always with the head and putting our health to sport and the slightest bad feeling stop immediately.

It is not easy, you have to tell everything beautiful and the least beautiful.

My head does not stop, my legs do not stop, my heart does not stop, my diabetes does not stop, my illusions do not stop.
I can also assure you that sport helps much more than you can believe, when I do a training I come with my mind clean hahaha, I can't even think sometimes hahaha.

Only we and those around us very closely know what this is, only we know what it costs to do sports, let's only leave the roses and the beautiful, we have to say everything.We have elite athletes that tell us everything but there are also sometimes that they only tell us that you can diabetes, it is true, but that "can be complicated".

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/28/2016 6:30 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

How much reason is @jconegar !!!!
My daughter practices athletics, it was very hard for her to run again after her debut, to the quinze days of her hospital discharge she ran again, with fear, without being able to enjoy her hobby, but she left, suffered and finished.Neither her father, nor her sister, nor I are going to demotivate her, although we are afraid, but rather the opposite, we encourage her ... as I always tell her every exit and arrival it is already a victory, and when she makes Podium les herI say that victory is double victory because now also fights glycemia, and most importantly enjoy running again.And it is impressive to see how their glycemia remain stable after training or competition, and that because of their age they are not very long.
Fifteen days ago he had severe hypoglycemia with a loss of knowledge, the scare lasted little, but fear did not take it off in several days, that afternoon he had a popular, he was afraid, he did not want to leave, but among all we managed to take thedeparture and will arrive and on top.I tell you this for those who start with sport, for which you are afraid, you have to do it, it is a fundamental pillar of diabetes,
and do it enjoying !!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/28/2016 6:54 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

This image expresses what I feel when you hear @rociolinares.A life that I did not have and I am excited to read what you write.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/28/2016 7:31 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
When I do a training I come with my mind clean hahaha, I can't even think sometimes hahaha.

Totally agree on everything except in this.I disagree with 100% of you ...

we have been crowded with endorphins that we would be able to give, change, give away and even sell :-)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/28/2016 7:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

rociollinares said:
how much reason you are @jconegar !!!!
My daughter practices athletics, it was very hard for her to run again after her debut, to the quinze days of her hospital discharge she ran again, with fear, without being able to enjoy her hobby, but she left, suffered and finished.Neither her father, nor her sister, nor I are going to demotivate her, although we are afraid, but rather the opposite, we encourage her ... as I always tell her every exit and arrival it is already a victory, and when she makes Podium les herI say that victory is double victory because now also fights glycemia, and most importantly enjoy running again.And it is impressive to see how their glycemia remain stable after training or competition, and that because of their age they are not very long.
Fifteen days ago he had severe hypoglycemia with a loss of knowledge, the scare lasted little, but fear did not take it off in several days, that afternoon he had a popular, he was afraid, he did not want to leave, but among all we managed to take thedeparture and will arrive and on top.I tell you this for those who start with sport, for which you are afraid, you have to do it, it is a fundamental pillar of diabetes,
and do it enjoying !!!!

The doctor told me that there would be time for him to run again, that he was not in a hurry, that for the moment not, that he had patience, that he would tell me, that ...

A week I was already putting my shoes, that if loaded with 4 kilos of caramelos, hehehe (the innocence and naivety of a recently arrived in this world)

DiabetesForo
07/28/2016 7:50 p.m.

@Rociollinares is normal your concern for your child, in fact, I am very convinced that in 2 months it will have completely forgotten that hypoglycemia and will not be afraid to run again and those who will be that you can not even sleep will be theParents, with the age of your offspring, these setbacks are forgotten and then it returns to normal you will see, encourage and the bull !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/28/2016 10:04 p.m.

@joseludi, and my daughter quite the opposite, they discharged her on Wednesday and told her that no weekend, but the next if she wanted her to run, she wanted to see how sport affected in her glycemia.You see, same disease, and each one recommends some things, even in that it is difficult to understand diabetes.
My daughter does not go with candies, but with a glyc up in her hand ..... :))

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/29/2016 12:44 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

sprinkle said:
@Joseludi, and my daughter quite the opposite, they were discharged on Wednesday and told her that no weekend, but the next one I wanted me to run, she wantedSee how sport affected in its glycemia.You see, same disease, and each one recommends some things, even in that it is difficult to understand diabetes.
My daughter does not go with candies, but with a glyc up in her hand ..... :))

I now go with glucup and also with some gels that are a mixture of fast and slow action and took one or the other depending on how it goes and the kilometers that I have to do

DiabetesForo
07/29/2016 1:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.