Stop or not stop the pump against a hypo

Leticia21's profile photo   06/16/2017 10:38 p.m.

Some doctors and nurses recommend me before a hypo for the bomb for 15/30 minutes to overcome ... others are not in favor of it because it could then generate a great rebound ...
According to your experience?What do you think?

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
06/16/2017 10:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Stop the pump when the hiccup is not going to help you at all at that time because the insulin you can take away will take an hour for at least an hour.But it can come well for you and then, once the hip is removed, so that it does not go down again at the time or so.

Normally before hiccups they recommend rapid hydrates to recover as soon as possible and then something slow to combat the cause of hypo, excess insulin (if sports were not being done).When the bomb stops, what you can save are those slow hydrates but never the fast ones.You would only avoid the rapids if you stopped when the trend is down and do it with enough time, as the 640g and the DIY systems (LOOP / OPENAPS).Even so, if the trend is clear down ... unfortunately with the insulins that are today, you will have to drink fast hydrates yes or yes.

In the end, to see what is best in your particular case, it is to try both options and see what is best for you.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/18/2017 11:48 a.m.

Once I had a catastrophic experience with the bomb ... That day I did nothing out of the ordinary and at night it gave me a hiccup that I did not go back.I don't know how many things could I take and nothing ... for below I followed.I decided to stop the bomb and my husband and I were all night and early until the next day measuring glucose every 30 minutes because I traced very little by little.Finally, the sugar went up to 150 things from 7 in the morning and connected the pump again.The strange thing is that after all night without insulin, I had neither cetona nor rebounds ¿???

patri_caracol's profile photo
patri_caracol
06/19/2017 6:24 p.m.

Azucarada desde los 5 añitos
21 años manipulando agujas!
Toujeo 34u / Novorapid 15u diarias + ó -
App diario para control de diabetes mySugr
Última Hemo: 6,1 % OBJETIVO SUPERADO!!
A esforzarse que VAMOS A SER PAPIS!!!

Un saludo a los que día a día somos diabéticos :x

I stop the pump when you see that you do not trace the hypo, so you are calmer and you know that in the end it will go up with what you are in.
Another thing we have discovered thanks to the Dexcom is that stopping the bomb for an hour, you will go a possible hypo, for that it has to be with 80 and the arrow down diagonally.

If the only thing that dates it is, the food, sugar.

If it is true that if you avoid the posterior rebound it is non -existent, so we have the alarm with the Dexcom in 80, so that simply with stopping the bomb I do not give the boy to the boy.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/23/2017 9:40 a.m.

I think there are many factors too.
I with 80 and inclined arrow although for bomb if I am active it falls ...
Also that I have a "problem" with my glycogen reserves ... because immediately since m moves a little more than normal it goes down

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
06/24/2017 10:56 a.m.

I carry with the bomb just over a week and the educator told me that it was preferable to put a basal at 0 before stopping the pump.The explanation is simple, if you stop the pump then you can forget to start it and it is possible to reach the opposite end (hyper and ketone bodies).If you put temporary to zero when the time you have passed, the insulin infusion resumes.

Anyway, it is best to drink fast hydrates rather than put the storm to zero.One thing that I have tried in the few days that I have is that if I see that the trend is slow and progressive drop is to put a storm reducing to 50% for example and I have avoided entering hicc as

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/25/2017 11:28 p.m.

If it is true, better put to 0 the storm than to stop it, precisely to avoid forgetfulness, and the pump stops is whistling every time.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/26/2017 9:35 a.m.

Hello good morning, I have type 1 diabetes, since the 8 years of age I am currently 28. I am Venezuelan but they are offering me a job in Argentina, I would like to know how they handle the control of diabetes there?I control myself with medtronic insulin bomb and insulin Humalog or Novorapid.If someone could tell me how insulin purchase in Argentina and bomb supplies, it would be of great help.Thank you so much.

Mariangel Palacios's profile photo
Mariangel Palacios
06/26/2017 4:47 p.m.

In Argentina, Law 23753 and its corresponding annexes say that people with diabetes have covered the 100 x 100 of inputs and insulins, if you have a social work coverage for your work, no problem will have and if you do not have it, you should register inThe Pronadia National Diabetes Program to access them, these is more adoor the procedures but is achieved.Any advice Lega Lpodes consult the FAD Argentine Federation of Diabetes for free.

interguiarg's profile photo
interguiarg
07/19/2017 2:31 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.