Against cholesterol

Sorprendido's profile photo   06/20/2017 10:59 a.m.

Hello everyone
I wanted to ask you what you know about the medications we take to maintain the cholesterol at bay, yes, statins, (atorvastatin, synastatin, etc.).I have read some articles and do not seem to put them very well.They speak of side effects, which I have personally confirmed, in particular muscle aches.The prospects of all of them also talk about other things.My question is not knowing if the remedy will be worse than the disease.What do you think?
Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
06/20/2017 10:59 a.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I have been taking Atoravastatina daily, start with 5 mg and end up taking 40 mg.Until I started with the sport that I have stopped taking them completely and I carry it very well thanks to sport.
Never in life has had side effects on me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/20/2017 1:48 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am taking it on my endo medical advice, not for high figures, but as something preventive.According to him, cholesterol figures in a diabetic must be even lower than in a person not sitting.And in those we are.With a thousand doubts about its adverse effects, which make me doubt much to continue taking it.There are appropriate natural products that also help fight it, although I imagine that its effectiveness/strength will be less.
Greetings.

Sorprendido
06/22/2017 1:06 p.m.

"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Go if you don't have cholesterol, yes, by prevention (what Guasa has).Before recommending a guideline on food habit and the realization of some physical activity (sport), you prescribe a medicine (with 2 ...).I do not tell you anything if you go one day with a slight chest pain .....

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/22/2017 3:18 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

The same thing happened to me, they sent it to me by prevention, obviously I never got it.I started to diet (quite strict) and when the cholesterol lowered me.
Apart I take omega3 and before having hypothyroidism he took soy lecithin that is very good for cholesterol.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/22/2017 4:18 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Are you seriously the cholesterol figures and do you send medication?Fuck do that to me and I do the analysis on my own in case I have no diabetes !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/22/2017 11:36 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

One of the main risks of people with type 2 diabetes is cardiovascular.For this reason the recommended levels of cholesterol in the people who have this disease are minor who do not suffer from it.

This risk is not common with those who are type 1.

Therefore, if the doctor considers that we must medicate for cholesterol it is not by whim.Of course, side effects exist, as with other medications.And do not forget that the pills do not replace a low diet in saturated fats and exercise practice.

In addition, the glucose that we are not able to assimilate ends in our body turned into cholesterol.It is a vertex more than one complex disease.

Please, do not frivolize with this issue, because the risk of heart attack, stroke or other cardiovascular accidents is elevated in type 2 patients.

Vicky Bu's profile photo
Vicky Bu
06/23/2017 6:51 a.m.

Diabetes 1 LADA desde enero 2018
Antes mal diagnosticada como Tipo 2
Toujeo y Humalog Junior
A1c: 6.0

I did not clarify from the beginning that I am diabetic type I. and those pills, statins, with the most diverse names I have already taken for several years.Always according to my endo, as a prevention of a vascular accident.It has been now when the risks of taking them have come to my hand, even the dissension between a doctor I went to and that completely advised me.I am made a true sea of ​​doubts.

That is why this topic has been to open to see what experience you have about this, and above all see if there is a more or less uniform criterion about whether it is convenient to take them and what type of statins is the most appropriate.

Please, some doctor or someone placed on the subject to give us some light.
Greetings.

Sorprendido
06/23/2017 10:33 a.m.

Goethe

I am also type I

@"jconegar" my endocrine is that it was from traca, with the cholesterol that, with diabetes there is no complaint because I carry it well controlled because without more but with the theme of the thyroid ... I have been made for two years made a shit becauseThis man passed from me Olympically and on my own I have had to inform me etc, now I have changed logically

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/23/2017 10:50 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.