How many intakes per day?

begoirina7515's profile photo   06/24/2017 12:53 a.m.

Hello good,...
I wanted to ask what is the ideal number of intakes that a dependent insulin diabetic must do.
Many years ago when I carried the fast insulin NPH to 6 meals a day but when I change the current ones as Humalog or Novorapid I only do 3 and when I am I also I also take something.
In general, general medicine toilets are surprised a lot than I do.

begoirina7515's profile photo
begoirina7515
06/24/2017 12:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The ideal for a diabetic and non-diabetic is to make between 5-7 intakes per day, logically in its fair measure, appropriate to their daily caloric wear (work/sport) in time and intensity, in addition to a healthy eating habit and where hydratesof rapid and slow absorption with high and low glycemic index are distributed in the different intakes.The current basal insulins by not having a duration of less than 24 hours cause the morning and snacks.So it only remains or through the physical activity that the glycemic level allows you to eat something before performing or putting insulin that is not very appropriate if you are going to exercise.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/24/2017 9:49 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Begoirina7515", good day.I make 3 meals a day.When my debut the endo told me to continue with the same customs of my whole life.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/24/2017 10:31 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.