Urgent consultation!

lali's profile photo   07/18/2016 11:28 p.m.

Hello!

I have some doubts in relation to my diabetes and as a lack of time for the turn with the diabetologist, I think their opinions can help me understand some episodes in my body.

24 years ago I have type 1 diabetes, about 6 months ago they put the Medtronic bomb because I want to be a mother and they agreed that it would be the best for me and my diabetes, in terms of control.

I always had high variability of glycemia, to have 20-40 hypos passed to Hiper of 300-400.Anyway, they believe that the pump has improved my levels, I am not very sure of it, a few days ago that at night when measuring I give me high values, and during the night there are no episodes of hypoglycemia (I can corroborate it looking at thegraphics in the pump), but continue to rise despite correcting every two or three hours.

This morning, not even breakfast, spent the whole night with glycemia of 200-180, they stayed in those values, this morning I woke up with 213, what is it due to?

Basal insulin is not used in the pump, such as Lantus, NPH or those but those of rapid action for the whole day, since the pump shoots by programming during hours, the doses that the doctor calculated.I have no cold, or injuries that need another medication, I am on vacation, so there is no stress, meals can be the problem of early hyperglycemia but not always ...

What suggest can be?I would appreciate comments!

Greetings!

lali's profile photo
lali
07/18/2016 11:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have no bomb, but the other day a chaca that used it told me that the catheter could be clogged and not being put the dose well.
However, ask if in your hospital/health center you have diabetes educator.In April I was Mom and Gregorio Marañon's educator was a great help during pregnancy, he taught me to eat for rations and I corrected me food errors.
Much encouragement and greetings !!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
07/19/2016 12:39 a.m.

And they have to give you guidelines to increase the basal in the sections you need.
Manage and program the bomb well takes time ... I imagine ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/19/2016 2:28 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you, it will be taken into account and consulted in the next visit to the Diabetologist!

lali's profile photo
lali
07/19/2016 2:41 a.m.

@Lali, I do not use bomb, but in this same forum you can find several threads where the Medtronic Bomb is discussed.They are the same ...

Link
Link
Link

imara's profile photo
imara
07/19/2016 3:35 p.m.

Again, according to @regina.Our child has a bomb and you have to adjust the basal doses of day and night to adjust to your graph ... Even by schedule sections it can vary ....
They are also true that the inserter is sometimes obstructed before time, but then you are all the highest than normal, and not only at night ....
Better Buy it ....

mogi's profile photo
mogi
07/19/2016 6:26 p.m.

I do not use a bomb, but I suppose they would tell you at the beginning that you put the basal to a certain level and after a few days return to the endocrine and according to the glycemia curve adjust that basal for schedules.And also if you have no knowledge of hydrates they should have given you a small course.

Is that putting the bomb and is already totally useless

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/19/2016 9:14 p.m.

Stop using the pump for a few days and apply with syringe or ball to see if it results.
No that the pump is working badly.
You see that technology can always fail to check the flies 2 times.
The same is worth with continuous monitoring systems, glucometer and up to two of them in case one fails.
Good luck

DiabetesForo
07/21/2016 7:45 p.m.

Hello and thank you all for your comments, I thought something was happening with the bomb, but the girl who placed it says that it is because it was a few days without a sensor, (due to the lack of it in the mutual), it has to make contact againWith the bomb and it would take time to balance ... I handled it equally in those days with my glucometer and now it is more stable.
With what I say below I do not want to offend anyone, it was not only to put the pump and ready, I am monitoring with the sensor and in turn with the glucometer, before and after each meal.I have been diabetes for 24 years, if it had been just putting the bomb and ready, I would not be telling the story.I have diabetology, endocrinologist and nutritionist almost the same time that I have diabetes, thanks anyway, for the discomfort in responding !! everything is taken into account, a taste.

lali's profile photo
lali
07/22/2016 1:08 a.m.

lali said:
hello and thanks to all for his comments, I thought something happened with the bomb, but the girl who placed me says it is because it was a few days without a sensor, (for foulof the same in the mutual), you have to make contact with the bomb again and take a while to balance ... I handled it equally in those days with my glucometer and now it is more stable.
With what I say below I do not want to offend anyone, it was not only to put the pump and ready, I am monitoring with the sensor and in turn with the glucometer, before and after each meal.I have been diabetes for 24 years, if it had been just putting the bomb and ready, I would not be telling the story.I have diabetology, endocrinologist and nutritionist almost the same time that I have diabetes, thanks anyway, for the discomfort in responding !! everything is taken into account, a taste.

Sorry if I have offended you, it was not my intention.I said it for professionals not for you.We are not to blame if we have any incompetent

DiabetesForo
07/22/2016 7:34 p.m.

Hi Lali, I am a Medtronic Pump user for 7 years and you should not worry about those situations.You can have the obstructed catheter or the reservoir with bubbles, this happens to me frequently.You must always suspect it and check your team well.
Another advice is for your endocrine to check the basal of your bomb and the bolus that you put in the dinners.All this is modifiable, it happened to me until I find a timely basal for you.I know that we only have fast insulin, novorapid use.
Little by little you will notice the descent of your children and improve.
I understand you perfectly.
If you need something, you write to me.
Greetings from Seville.Glory

dulzona 512's profile photo
dulzona 512
08/18/2017 10:50 p.m.

You may have Alba phenomenon, on the other hand keep in mind that the pump infuses without delay, does not give the accumulation of the injected insulin.Another thing, if you are pregnant the secretion of hormones can be distorting the values ​​a lot, that you have to see it with your endo.

Paulescu's profile photo
Paulescu
08/18/2017 11:32 p.m.

LADA desde 2-2010/ 44 años
Lantus 16 u en tránsito a Toujeo / Novorapid 4/6/5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.