{'en': 'Doubts about the Tresiba', 'es': 'Dudas sobre la tresiba'} Image

Doubts about the Tresiba

Joyce's profile photo   06/24/2017 10 a.m.

Hello,

Am I the only one who seems that with the threeiba it is more difficult for him to regulate?Isn't it supposed to be more linear?

I have had about a year that I changed from Lantus to Tresiba and I always have the feeling that I controlled the values ​​before, now I would generally say that I am a little higher and I still have hypoglycemia.S and hyperglycemia ... I click the slow at night and lately the postpondrial of dinner gives me between 200-220 and in the morning I wake up between 80-90.

The morning values ​​are not the ones that tell me how much basal should I click?

If I get up well, I shouldn't modify slow?

I have been reading answers and said to lower the basal, but that would not increase the values ​​of the whole day?

Why are I falling all night?

In the morning as it does not lunch also downturn ...

Thank you so much!

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/24/2017 10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Joyce" Good morning.The basal has it perfect.Lowering the basal and/or fast in heat times is because some/not all/we have a lot of heat sensitivity and that affects insulin absorption.I also have hypos with the Tresiba and I feel that it costs me more time and carbos to overcome.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
06/24/2017 10:44 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I have used threeiba for a year and I can say that its "flat" action is anything but that.If you put it at eating or after or even at night at 2-3 hours it has an ascending peak in blood glucose, however in the morning it was the opposite, arriving at the time of eating low.On topIt lengthens and overlaps with the next day.For me personally now that Toujeo uses is less concentrated, predictable and stable.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/24/2017 11:20 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I have commented to the nurse and the endo and it seems that they resist changing my insulin, they tell me to wait and observe me more ... and that it measures me lighter ... as they are not clicking ...in end, I'm going to buy 2 or 3 sensors because my fingers are not going to endure the rhythm [-x

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/24/2017 12:06 p.m.

Hello, insist your endo and nurse that you want to change insulin, until you are identified with which you do well.In question with insulins you decide according to the glycemic values ​​that are optimal, not them.

Vicentebh's profile photo
Vicentebh
06/25/2017 11:40 a.m.

On the next visit even if you have a good hemoglobin if you continue with constant hypers and hypos it is not worth following with threeiba, the same thing happened to me and I told him to prescribe toujeo with which I am much better ... @ @ @ @Joyce I believe that 1 year is more than enough time to see if you do well or badly, I with 4 and a half months had enough to be disrupted to ask for change so if you are not well controlled do not ask, you demand it !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/25/2017 12:34 p.m.

I will do that ... for the moment until October I do not have to go

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/25/2017 12:42 p.m.

The family doctor can also prescribe it .. with toujeo, more units are usually needed than with Lantus.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/25/2017 3:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I used the lantus and with pregnancy too and I was doing well, I also had some hypo but they have insisted on the Tresiba.I tell you to return to Lantus ... is the toujeo better?

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/25/2017 3:22 p.m.

Yes, it is usually better because.It lasts well 24 hours.Try it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/25/2017 3:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

And another question ... I use Novorapid and I see that many use Humalog, until a few days ago I didn't even know what existed, do you know what the difference is?

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/25/2017 3:48 p.m.

They are almost equal

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/25/2017 3:53 p.m.

Thanks Regina;)

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/25/2017 3:56 p.m.

The threeiba does not work well.We have been more than a year.Postpandracial hyperglycemia at dinner and brutal low before lunch.Because they sell it as something that is not.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
06/27/2017 11:38 p.m.

I agree, the same thing happens to me

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/28/2017 10:06 a.m.

I was an Indian bunny 6 months with the threeiba, and not only did the glyus improve, but it worsened me a lot.I did not have a flat effect, I do not know if because of that it lasts more than 24h and if it overlaps, but it had brutal ups and downs, both quite difficult to control.

piruha's profile photo
piruha
06/29/2017 2:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

I am personally delighted with the Tresiba but each person is a world.If you do not work well, do not hesitate to ask you to change it because even if you have a correct hem the hypos and hyper peaks are not good.Try to advance to the appointment with the endocrine and if it cannot be, to see if the header can help you.
All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
06/29/2017 3:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Piruha" because for what I see we are already a few that we have changed the Tresiba because we were not going well, they will have to make it look and make a statistic and see what fails that insulin.What I still don't understand is if "theory" has a duration of 56 hours and overlaps because you could not put every 2 days ... another commercial technique .. ??Less punctures, less paste for Novonordisk ... ???

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
06/29/2017 6:16 p.m.

56 hours ???One day I forgot to prick it and the next day I had it quite high

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/29/2017 7:07 p.m.

Good I tried the three one just out and it didn't work for me, it fell short then I spent a mess my endocrine asked me to return to the lesson, that although it is quite old it is effective, (I asked if it is new three -year because notIt works, he told me that the new is not always better look at the aspirin 40 years and it still works) to me that I have to prick 10 times a day but well the glyc comes to 6.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/30/2017 12:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.