Is it common for the doctor to send glucose two hours.before meals?

inso's profile photo   07/19/2016 3:35 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am absolute rookie.I was diagnosed with diabetes very recently.The doctor provided me with the device and sent me a measurement plan but does not stop astonishing me: that the glucose is measured two hours before lunch and two hours later, for example.I say for example, because one day it is like that with lunch and the next with dinner, alternately.
That measures the glucose level two hours after a meal does not attract my attention, but to see if anyone knows what the logic that asks me that measure it two hours before and not 5 minutes before, or 1 second before.

Could anyone help me?I turn to you, who have experience, since I have no confidence with the doctor and I could interpret that I am questioning their way of focusing the treatment.

Thank you so much!A blessing to have found this forum.Greetings to all!

inso's profile photo
inso
07/19/2016 3:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I've been diabetic for 20 years and I had never heard that.

It looks just before eating and two or three hours later.I don't see any logic what your doctor says.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/19/2016 4:18 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Infinite thanks for the prompt response Sherpa41.So maybe there was a misunderstanding !!It would be luck, since you will imagine how complicated it is to predict what time I will eat ...

20 years ...., it's a lot !!!

Infinite thanks !!!:)

inso's profile photo
inso
07/19/2016 4:35 a.m.

You have to look before eating, I don't know what the figure is two hours earlier and nothing less, and after eating because I don't see it very useful, if you take these sugar to the next one to prick between shots, You know?

If you eat with 100 and dinner with 130, I do not think it is necessary to measure between the shots, fixed that you find a 200, because it must be taken into account that the food will make you, it is normal.And see you 200 and click I would assure you a low at the time of dinner, and see 200 and do nothing .... because you want to know, hehehe .....

After the meals I look at me if I get bad to the next shot, to know where insulin you have to climb, but we are normally quick.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/19/2016 10:01 a.m.

@inso, are you putting insulin?
If you get fast before meals, you have to measure before each meal, to calculate dose.
To calculate the basal, the most important value is to wake up.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/19/2016 3:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks for comments people !!No, I'm not applying insulin, for now.Only pills to see how I answer.Thank you very much again!Kind regards!

inso's profile photo
inso
07/19/2016 3:49 p.m.

If they are just pills, measure you between hours, you can also serve to see how you are going.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/19/2016 4:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

By saying that they gave you a glucometer and that you often measured yourself, imagine that you were type1 since normally type 2 do not give them.

If you have diabetes 2, I retire what has been said, I have no idea how it works.

Let's see when the two diabetes change the name, to avoid these confusion.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/19/2016 4:36 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

In life I have heard that, to see if he stayed alone with the two hours and does not remember if it was before or later and that is why he sends it two hours before and then hahaha.
But I am not a doctor and I can be wrong.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/19/2016 5:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

According to @regina.To know the evolution of the curve ....

mogi's profile photo
mogi
07/19/2016 6:21 p.m.

I believe that the most correct is before each meal and two hours later, before going to sleep and at 3 or 4 am, if you also add two hours before I do not know if fingers or calluses will be had and the police will not be able to do the DNI.
But it is a personal opinion.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/19/2016 10:27 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Thank you all again.Given the comments received here, I dared to ask the doctor.It was a misunderstanding, I don't have to record the glucose level 2 hours.before, but immediately before.

It is a blessing to feel accompanied, thank you again, I am not going to tire of saying it, I hope you are not bored of reading it !!!

HEALTH TO TOS !!:)

inso's profile photo
inso
07/20/2016 7:38 p.m.

Nothing happens, we are all human, it has earned us to get the ironic humor a bit.
Much encouragement to continue fighting with diabetes.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/20/2016 9:59 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

The truth is that the measurements is very relative.It is clear that before eating it is necessary to adjust the insulin guideline and food, but the two hours after eating ...., is so relative !!!!
Since I have the Dexcom I have realized that depending on what you eat the evolution of glucose it has nothing to do.If you have eaten pasta and at two hours you are fine ...., put to run, because it is from that moment when it starts to climb (just like the potato);On the contrary if you eat rice and at two hours you see a beautiful 250, do not correct, and you will still get well to dinner.

What I mean by this is that our disease is not mathematics (what discovery I just did !!!!!!

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/20/2016 11:08 p.m.

Very interesting.It's all new to me ... I've been measuring for a few days.I try to look for some logic, but be scabulle, for now!

inso's profile photo
inso
07/21/2016 7:06 a.m.

@Inso do you use any method?, carbohydrates accounts?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/21/2016 9:13 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

No Fer, but my wife helps me in that sense.I think I see that what most influences, in relative terms, of course, is physical activity.
I play drums, now much more and that helps me, I think.I was prescribed two pills and I have 15 days to convince the doctor who I don't need insulin.He wanted to apply, but given my resistance he left him at stand by.

Glucose levels are going down.I do not know if enough, but she coats any hope, for 1st.Once, today I had a 133 encouraging, but I don't know, I tell you, I wouldn't want to disappoint myself.

Health!!

inso's profile photo
inso
07/21/2016 8:10 p.m.

I am type 2 diabetics and always my diabetologist has advised me to measure it before the main meals and two hours later ... but I know people of type 1 who must measure it before because they must regulate the dose of insulin;As Leo was a "misunderstanding !! hehehehe between you and your doctor ... and yes, if you are not of type 1 the possibilities that your glucose values ​​enter into normal is possible only with the right diet and long walks tofast step ... The latter are the most indicated for this disease ... and if you are overweight, reach your weight.) In March of this year I was taken away from the three metformin of 850 that I took after breakfast, lunch and food .... today my HBA1C is 5.7 and the values ​​range between 84 and 100, after two hours, after two hoursTo ingest food (postprandial blood glucose) almost never exceeds 140 mg/dl (7.8 mmol/l) ... as my doctor tells me "for now you don't have the diabet" ... but remember, you can't violate the laws..ni thinking that it is definitely cured, the important thing is to be constant and not let yourself be tempted by food that you know, those who have problems with our pancreas, raise us glucose ... I wish you much luck in your efforts to make yourdiabetes...

nury's profile photo
nury
07/25/2016 3:10 p.m.

Nury, what a beautiful news you give me !!Thank you so much!!!Is very encouraging !!!

I keep going down little by little.Yesterday, my measurements were 142-100-132 and 114. This Friday I have to do with the doctor.All the best!

inso's profile photo
inso
07/25/2016 5:34 p.m.

Bravo!!Ino perseverance and much discipline !!!that's the formula ... greetings !!= D> Ahhhh..por the night forget about the carbohydrate, leave it for lunch, at night a good salad, vegetables and proteins ... do not eat later at night ... the earlier possible ... you will see that your values ​​inA fast will improve ... then when everything is under control ... Iinicia to see how you are doing better and with which food ...:>

nury's profile photo
nury
07/26/2016 1:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.