{'en': 'Long meals, how do you get regular?', 'es': 'Comidas largas, como conseguís regular?'} Image

Long meals, how do you get regular?

Joyce's profile photo   06/25/2017 11:33 p.m.

A problem that I have the days that, however, are that in general they are long in time, that is, if at home in half an hour you eat, when you leave out there are times that you almost just eat when you havehours) ... most of the time I arrive at dinner with more than 200 ...

I would like to know if someone can advise me so that the same thing does not always happen to me ...

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/25/2017 11:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Put the fast twice .. and measure and correct later.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/26/2017 3:34 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ok, I'm learning a lot ... Thank you

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/26/2017 2:09 p.m.

Hello @"Joyce", if you arrive at dinner with more than 200, you would need 1 or 2 more units, because you will surely have "passed" a little in the food, as it happens to us all when we eat outside.What I do not to click so much and stay like a strainer, is to put the quick one hour approx.After starting eating, adding 1 or 2 units according to: 1st) the glucose you have before eating and 2nd) according to what I will eat, and still sometimes I have to correct myself as Regina says because they have now taken out the fashionto suggest the sauces.If before I start eating I am low, when I started I put 1U or none, if I am normal 1 or 2 units as you see, you start with 1u more only to see how you are doing, keep in mind that each one has ainsulin sensitivity.If before starting to eat you are high, then click before with the additional units that you need to be at normal levels + additional food, that you are sure you are high, but you are already correcting in successive meals.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
06/26/2017 4:41 p.m.

Thanks for your advice ...;)

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
06/26/2017 11:11 p.m.

Hi @regina!How long do you usually leave between a puncture and a quick one?
Since I read or divide the fast insulin in 2 times, I do it when I go out to eat outside .. Events, weddings etc ... but I still don't catch the point!Maybe and for fear that both insulins are always overwhelmed, and at the end of the 180-200 not low!
And by the way, if assuming I am going to put on 8 you.of insulin .... the divide in 4 and 4?

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
06/28/2017 10:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

Well, my daughter gets the usual dose when the first plate arrives and about 4 more units when dessert arrives., but you have to try what is going well for you.Maybe with one more unit, you are well later.
She usually puts 10, and 4 more in dessert ..
Putting you 8 in total, I would try with 5 and 3 ... to see how it ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/29/2017 1:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

We have diabetes and we want or do not have

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2017 7:44 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have ever done it like this and get a hypo.Digestion is long, so what is best for me is a decalage of 3 hours between both doses, especially if it is rice or there has been a lot of fat or pizza.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/01/2017 8:15 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

What is a decalage?Is it clicking what it touches before eating and then correcting at 3 hours?Or is it to leave what would touch you 2 times with a 3 -hour difference?

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
07/01/2017 8:44 p.m.

What I do is put 3/4 of the dose when eating and at 3 hours of supposes that the rapid does not act and I see the glycemia xq still assimilate food.At that time I wear 1/4 or more.
If you do not have a continuous meter, make a capillary and truth as you are higher than expected.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/03/2017 9:39 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I measure myself at 2 hours and 20 minutes counting since I have finished eating, so nothing is told.

Ursula's profile photo
Ursula
05/28/2018 11:15 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.