Type 1 diabetes at 32

aritagc83's profile photo   08/02/2016 9:38 a.m.

Good morning, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in April, according to my doctor it is a very rare case of mine because I am 32 years old and this type of diabetes in adults is normal.I would like to know if there is someone else out there with their same problem and if any doctor has told him that he can be related to stress.All the best

aritagc83's profile photo
aritagc83
08/02/2016 9:38 a.m.

32 años DMT1 desde abril 2016.
Apidra 7-5-3 (aprox) 12 Tresiba (noche)
Hemo 6,2

Well, tell your doctor that there is everything, there are people who debut with 6 months and another with 35, it is something unpredictable, neither the cause nor the reason for because there are people who debut at an early age and another when it almost entersin the 40.

The bad thing about debuting so late is changing your whole life is complicated, and the good thing is that until now you have been "free"

Adapt to this heights in spite of food, measure your glycemia before each meal, to deprive yourself of certain things .... Well, it is hard, or I see it like that, when you are small you adapt to the changes with more normality and faster, more than anything because you are not aware of what happens to you.

I send you dares, many animals, do not give up that with diabetes you can do almost the same as without diabetes.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/02/2016 9:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@aritagc83 I debuted with 32 years so give your doctor to first report well before speaking, it can be rare but it is not so much, here there are people who have debuted with 33, 35, 40, more and less.

And yes, Strès can be the trigger but with a previous genetic predisposition although it is not demonstrated either ..

We already have another example here as an unprovant, incompetent and incontinent verbal endocrine.

Welcome and greetings

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/02/2016 9:55 a.m.

And unfortunately you will find many doctors with the same problem, now it only remains to report well with the treatment.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/02/2016 10:32 a.m.

Thanks for your answers.I asked you about stress because 2015 went for me a horrible work speaking.A period of many complications and a lot of stress, I lost a lot of weight (before diabetes), I stopped sleeping, I changed my life habits and then debuted.A nurse (also diabetic) told me that stress could have been the cause of my debut.

aritagc83's profile photo
aritagc83
08/02/2016 10:54 a.m.

32 años DMT1 desde abril 2016.
Apidra 7-5-3 (aprox) 12 Tresiba (noche)
Hemo 6,2

aritagc83 said:
Thank you for your answers.I asked you about stress because 2015 went for me a horrible work speaking.A period of many complications and a lot of stress, I lost a lot of weight (before diabetes), I stopped sleeping, I changed my life habits and then debuted.A nurse (also diabetic) told me that stress could have been the cause of my debut.

Hallucino, before debuting exactly the same thing happened to me, previously a year or more I was fatal, I did not eat well, I did not sleep, much personal and work stress ... well they thought it was type 1, then they told me that it could beMody and in those I am that they are still looking at him.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/02/2016 11:08 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Welcome @aritagc83 My case is very similar to yours, the diabetes appeared to me coinciding with a strong ever of stress, I would not know if it was a direct cause-effect, but I influence, I am sure!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/02/2016 11:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

With 27 m they said that it was Diabetic type 1. The months before the diagnosis were very bad, the worst that I have spent in my life.I have always thought that some relationship is with stress.
Welcome to the forum, @aritagc83

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
08/02/2016 12:44 p.m.

Diagnosed with 29 of type 1 TMB coincided with epic of much stress

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
08/02/2016 1:22 p.m.

Well, I debuted last year at Christmas with more than 40 years ... so the age .... anyway.
My 2014 was hardly and relatively relaxed work.An infection unleashed me after a simplona operation and without risks that I made in November .... that I would have to pass, but the uncontrolled infection caused it to appear before.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/02/2016 1:22 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have always said and I will maintain that my son debuted because of the stress caused by the harassment of his classmates.And nobody will change my mind.Nor when they discover that stress has nothing to do.[-(

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
08/02/2016 3:19 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

I debut with 25 years and I am also convinced that it was the stress period that came by dragging the cause, in addition to not having any family history ..
Stress is very dangerous and can lead you to other diseases as well.
You have to take life with all the calm you can.>: D <

yonm's profile photo
yonm
08/02/2016 3:27 p.m.

DM1 junio 2014
lantus 8 unidades

I have a case of a quwedebuto person with 29 years, without a family history and after an important change in his life that caused some anguish ... I am hallucinating with the amount of similar cases !! Now the one that I have anxiety is me, so one more thing that I have to relax ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
08/02/2016 4:08 p.m.

Stress has been related to several studies with the immune system.

It is not demonstrated but several researchers suggest that it is a possible trigger for our disease.

Let's say that the predisposition to diabetes has been carried out since we are born in our genes and at some point a certain "active" event and our dear T lymphocytes indentify our beta cells as enemies and begin to attack them.

Logically, not everyone who goes through these still unknown events develops the disease, but would be half a diabetic planet, you have to have a predisposition.

I am very sure that it was the stress of preparing an opposition that made me develop, they agree perfectly, it is too obvious.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/02/2016 4:10 p.m.

Welcome to this world and I really stay in pictures with the opinions of certain doctors.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/02/2016 6:24 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello, I debut at 29 now I have 34 and without a doubt I think it was because of the stress so great that I had just slept for 2 years old etc etc my diabtes tell me the doctors who are lada started with pills but full two years already with insulin with insulinPsychologically I have affected me a lot I have had a baby and ... I only think that with the complications that Lña Diabetes brings I will not get to Viejita and see my baby to be a man to think about that .... it does not let me live we encourage everyone

irene's profile photo
irene
08/02/2016 9:34 p.m.

Well here another one :) I debuted at 30, type 1, and they also told me it was weird, because type 1 is children's diabetes, up to 30 years.I said, go bad luck, if I had endured at 31, I still book Jiji, but after knowing this disease better, I see that some doctors have no idea.

In all my debut, nobody told me about stress as a possible cause, rather in my case they always talked about genetic causes (although my father was type 2 per age) and I have no more family history than I knew.But after reading, it makes me think that the months before the debut I had an important change in my life, when I went to live in another city and new work and new personal changes ... curious.: -B

valky's profile photo
valky
08/11/2016 12:21 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.