Hello!!I'm new and I find out that I have diabetes

RCTP78's profile photo   06/29/2017 8:50 p.m.

Hello everyone!!My name is Christian, I am 38 years old, and recently (a week and a half approx) I find out that I have diabetes.

I am also new in all the information regarding diabetes, I am informing me and I am quite lost.

I made a pueba to measure my glucose in a clinic near my house and came out 167 of glucose, since it was high I am attending to an endocrinologist, she has prescribed the metformin pill 850 mg, 2 times a day ahead of lunchAnd another after dinner, apart from the diet, he told me to do some analysis and this are the results.
(These results were done in fasting)

Glucose 90 mg/dl
Oxalacetic transaminase 21.5 U/L
Piruvica transaminase 27.0 U/L
Triglycerids 125 mg/dl
HDL cholesterol 35 mg/dl
LDL Cholesterol 142.8 mg/dl
glycosylated hemoglobin 11.6 %

I have an appointment in the first days of the next week, where I will explain the results but I have already been investigating on my own and found this great very informative forum by the way.

I have seen that glycosylated hemoglobin is too high 11.6 %, how can I download it?Will it be enough for me only with the pills that the doctor prescribes me?Am I really in a very critical situation?

My data, as a report I am 38 years old, I am 1.71m and I am weighing 69 kilos 3 months ago weighed 87 kilos but decided to lower it drinking enough water and gave results.

As additional fact, I tell you that I have abused analgesic pills and to a lesser extent for infection this product of dental problems.(my teeth hurt)

Thanks for your time !!

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
06/29/2017 8:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome RCTP78.
Hemoglobin will go down according to you have the glucose day by day more controlled

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
06/29/2017 9:56 p.m.

Those results with 90 on an empty stomach, they seem very good, but glycosylated hemoglobin has to be below 7. After three months it will already be controlled, if the treatment is doing well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/30/2017 3:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thank you very much for the time to answer.I am calmer for your answers

A very basic question, but as I comment I am still a rookie in terms of information about diabetes.

According to the analyzes shown, do I have type 1 or type 2 diabetes?I imagine that I have type 2 because it is the one that most people who suffer from this evil present, also type 1 usually give very young people, as children.

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
06/30/2017 7:55 a.m.

Hello RCTP78, welcome to the forum.

Hemoglobin will lower you as you control food and medication.
If you do sports apart from an adequate diet, it is normal for you to go down in 3 months as Regina said.

To know the type of diabetes, they usually make you an analytics to see if you have the antibodies (I do not know what they are called) that have attacked the pancreas and have generated the dysfunction in the beta cells that produce insulin.

In principle if taking metformin, diet and sport you control glucose, I understand that you should be type 2.
Type 1 From the first day we are injected insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/30/2017 12:29 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks for your answer ruthbia !!Everything is clear.

I have been informing myself and I already have a general idea of ​​this.But some doubts arise.I am already doing diet how the endocrinologist (at the first date) and taking the pills (2 a day-metformin 850 mg) the problem is that I still have my second appointment (where I will tell me the result of my analysis) within6 days and therefore I would like to measure my glucose level through a glucometer.At what time of the day seems more conducive?It seems correct that I begin to exercise how to jog half an interdiary and equal hour. When would it be ideal to exercise?

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
07/01/2017 12:37 a.m.

Well, it is normal for me to measure glucose before eating to know the starting value and then two hours later.All this points and you take it to the endocrine.With breakfast, food and dinner values ​​you can see the pattern of your body.

I don't know if there is any ideal moment as such.It is better in the afternoon that is when it costs me more to burn the sugar I have.Road 1 hour because I have a sedentary life.
When I do not exercise my levels are higher and I need more insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/01/2017 7:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for your answer ruthbia !!

Greetings

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
07/03/2017 9:44 a.m.

Hello ... I am new in this forum .. not so much in the world of diabetes, a few years ago I stopped smoking and starting weight .. I get out of my body ... until then it was nothing sweet ..From that moment on, I had to medicate to lower the glucose I had ... to this day the medication with pills do not vagate the levels.
A month ago I was prescribed toujeo (I am with 24 unid a day) and if I do not make a strict diet and sport at least an hour .. I'm in them, I think that as they say here this is an ordeal ... hopefully they are worth takingNew things to facilitate our lives.

josemi1969's profile photo
josemi1969
07/06/2017 10:23 a.m.

Josemi1969 said:
Hello ... I am new in this forum .. not so much in the world of diabetes, a few years ago I stop smoking and I started to make weight .. I get out of control myBody ... until then it was nothing sweet ... from that moment I had to medicate to lower the glucose I had ... to this day the medication with pills do not vain my levels.
A month ago I was prescribed toujeo (I am with 24 unid a day) and if I do not make a strict diet and sport at least an hour .. I'm in them, I think that as they say here this is an ordeal ... hopefully they are worth takingNew things to make our lives easier.

Much encouragement and in our dictionary the first word that exists is "fight", you never throw the towel, and sport helps us and we also be honest.But diabetes, diet and sport, 3 d, are united

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/06/2017 7:42 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you.JCONEGAR

josemi1969's profile photo
josemi1969
07/06/2017 8:11 p.m.

I have a question, as I comment, the doctor has indicated to take Metformin 850 mg 2 times a day, one after lunch and another after dinner.

In the next appointment after seeing the analysis I went to another endocrinologist (the doctor who saw me the first time, did not attend to a week more) with the results mentioned above:

Glucose 90 mg/dl
Oxalacetic transaminase 21.5 U/L
Piruvica transaminase 27.0 U/L
Triglycerids 125 mg/dl
HDL cholesterol 35 mg/dl
LDL Cholesterol 142.8 mg/dl
11.6 % glycosylated hemoglobin

And I change the medication:

100 mg sitagliptin before lunch and then
Metformin 850 mg after dinner.

I have been finding out about the sigliptin and read bad comments, such as a predisposition to have serious problems in the pancreas, apart in different pharmacies and the price is high, it is expensive.

I could maintain the initial dose, that is, Metformin 850 mg 2 times a day, one after lunch and another after dinner.

From what I have read in the forum, many combine metformin with another mother of diabetes, is that usually the rule? Because it is combined?

Greetings and thanks for your time

RCTP78's profile photo
RCTP78
07/18/2017 6:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.