{'en': 'Patients with diabetes protest against Cafesalud', 'es': 'Pacientes con diabetes protestan contra Cafesalud'} Image

Patients with diabetes protest against Cafesalud

fer's profile photo   07/25/2016 2:38 p.m.

In Bogotá, Cali and Medellín, dozens of people perform seedlings against the EPS for the poor service provision and the lack of delivery of medications.

Cafesalud claims for bad service are increasingly frequent.This Thursday the country shuddered after dozens of children with cancer wrote to President Juan Manuel Santos and the Minister of Health, Alejandro Gaviria, telling them the access barriers they have found to be treated by this EPS.

In the midst of the controversy, the governor of Valle, Dilian Francisca Toro, warned that if that entity did not assume the attention of this child population, she, together with the mayors of the north of the department (where the majority of affiliates are), will require theMinistry of Health that expels Cafesalud of the department.

Now, only one day later, a new group of patients adds to the protest against this EPS that received the affiliates of the Liquidated HealthCoop last December.These are people suffering from diabetes and are part of the user association with insulin pump.

This Friday they decided to plant in front of the main venues of the EPS in Bogotá, Cali, Medellín, Pereira, Bucaramanga, Manizales and Villavicencio.

Ricardo Valencia, Colombian actor, is one of the protesters in the capital of the country.According to week.com, it is "Diabetic with kidney transplant."He currently has an insulin pump that allows him to control the disease so that his organs are not affected.

“They attended me at the San José Hospital, but now they say that Cafesalud has not paid them and they can no longer attend me.Since October they don't pay me medical attention, ”he told this portal.Valencia said that the medications that you need monthly cost around six million pesos.“The money is not enough for me to buy them myself (…) The EPS must give them, they are also included in the mandatory health plan (…) What worries me most is that if I am not with the bomb, the diabetes can medamaging the new organ, ”he said.

Just as this artist, dozens of people are asking Cafesalud for diabetes medicines.As several patients say, Cafesalud and Epsifarma (which provides the medicines to the EPS) throws the ball and, in the end, none of the entities respond.

Alexandra Gómez, president of the association, said the very complex situation.“I have disconnected patients, with risks of complications.Epsifarma does not give the medications to patients. ”He added: “It is incredible that they do not deliver medicines, knowing that they are included in the mandatory health plan.There are patients who have not received a medicine six months. ”

fer's profile photo
fer
07/25/2016 2:38 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.