Couples and diabetes

MarMourenza's profile photo   08/06/2016 12:22 a.m.

Hello again,
I have been thinking about this for a while, it is true that now I have no partner, but I have had them, my experience has not been good, I have always sought normality, but from a young lady my partners have not given the minimum importance to theDiabetes, it is true that until you live with someone it is not excessively appreciable.
In coexistence I have had a bad time, I have the feeling that the other person takes it worse than me.
I have always had many hypoglycemia, I can't help it, and it is true that I find it hard to feel psychologically above 200.
This has done that having hypoglycemia, especially in public places, is somehow interpreted as I look for it and it seems that my goal is that ...
In fact, if I started to take sugar, or juice .... the question comes, are you wrong ???
I can't stand that question (it will be my thing) but trying to avoid it has led me to hurry situations that I could stop before, but the weight of (again? ¿?) Makes you hate it and hide those situations.

Well, in summary, I ask you, I have had bad luck and they were some assholes;) ???
Or is this usually like that?

MarMourenza's profile photo
MarMourenza
08/06/2016 12:22 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have not understood anything: -w

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/06/2016 12:26 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I have also not understood what you say, in my case I have never had bad experiences, it is not that they were excessively serious relationships but today I live with my boyfriend and I do not know, I do not think he takes him badly, he worriesAs I worry about him if I see him badly but nothing more

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/06/2016 12:37 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Wow :( I have explained myself, to see if I explain.
I have 6.2 of hemoglobin, but this based on many hypoglycemia, in my case I control them alone but it is visible and appreciable.
Well, when I say that they make me feel guilty, I mean you are already your evil, they put a bad face, in plan the fault is yours for being so to the limit, and if for example we were going to dinner and you are low, they tell you, that is why we cannot go, and when you are well either (the desire has already passed ...), it may be my experience ...
Anyway thanks for listening to me, today is not my day cheerful the truth :(

MarMourenza
08/06/2016 12:49 a.m.

Now I understood it better, thanks @Marmourenza, well my opinion is disparate, on the one hand they may be right that you let it be at the limit to act, although I tell you with a small mouth because I am also to self -control the hiccups, but that trust is the biggest mistake, it is a roulette and assured you that in the end it touches you.On the other hand I give you the reason that if you are silent or thinking about something, then there are those who say if you are fine, the two things have them very recent, my "trust" in my self -control, one day did, what I was carrying inSilence, I had to reveal a person, because the show was of a psychotic outbreak, because I knew that I had to take some of my side carried it and my (sorry for the word) fucking head did not give the order, the later days, with that person, after my confession, it was what I comment before.Sometimes I would like to have someone to worry in that aspect and ask me others, I want you to mind, it will be for those continuous "happy" days that diabetes gives us.As soon as you hemoglobin nobody better than you to know that this value is vitiated by the hypos, so it is not a reliable fact.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/06/2016 1:07 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

If they have put a bad face for hypoglycemia instead of trying to help you, they are people with very poor human quality.
So you better have away from your life.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/06/2016 1:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Marmourenza, what insulin do you use?
Have you tried the new basal?Toujeo or threeiba?In theory, they are flatter insulins, with less risk of hypos

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/06/2016 1:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

The same thing was going to tell you @marmourenza, look at the new insulinas, on the other hand, having so many hypos I do not think it is good for the organism in general, keep in mind that every time the sugar begins to lower your body you suffer a lot a lot

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/06/2016 10:09 a.m.

Well, I am with Lantus, this hypos is usual ... My twin sister (who has the same problem of hypoglycemia) has started with threeiba, has been fatal for three months and for now ... hypoglycemia even worse ...
It is true that with the freestyle I control it better, but well in front that hypoglycemia we no longer know what to do ...

MarMourenza
08/06/2016 4:01 p.m.

Well, each couple is a world.I met my partner just when he debuted in diabetes.He doesn't care about my diabetes and only if he looks bad at something.The fattest thing is that he is grandson, son and brother of diabetics.
I do not understand how it is so little sensitized.
Of course, if it gives me a hicc does not leave me alone until I recover.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/06/2016 6:07 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I have been with all kinds of people, people who ate an ice cream in front of you and offered you, those couples lasted little, hehehe ... others who did not know or care or accompanied me to the doctor, and the truth is that I thoughtThat everyone would be the same, but I found my husband, and since the first day he has accompanied me to the doctor, he always has more candies than myself on top, and asks me that I have taken out of sugar.

And the question that bothers you ..... Well, it doesn't tell me at the beginning, but when I carry 3 candies if it does it, I think TB is normal for me to ask you, more than anything about worrying.
But put a bad face because of a low ..... I was sending it to his house, hehehe ....

Anyway when you love someone you don't care about many things, and when you stop wanting him, you see everything, hehehe ...

My opinion is that you should worry about your diabetes PQ if you love you want you to be well, and that you live many years with the best possible health, and now what you need to learn what it means to be diabetic.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/08/2016 12:49 p.m.

Our partner must know our disease at least the basic, anyway we must be responsible and see that if we have a hypo take sugar and that is why you do not have to give you the impression that they see you badly but you act well with your diabetes

inigocorra's profile photo
inigocorra
08/08/2016 5:35 p.m.

@Marmourenza say that you want to get pregnant to put the bomb

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/08/2016 7:10 p.m.

My partner acts with me and already knows a lot because it involves learning.He even suggests doses sometimes and usually gets.
Put the Dexcom, the dressings, know how to use glucagon, solve hypoglycemia ...
In a matter of diabetes, many doctors turn several times, I have no complaint.

When I have a hiccup, it simply stays quiet because it knows that it bothers me to talk to me, and it brings me a can of cocacola.

It is a great help with the disease, if it was a discomfort, it was sent to the horn.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/08/2016 7:52 p.m.

My partner cares but the only thing I have explained is the glucagon, the rest without furtherOf course, all my partners have always known that I am diabetic and what they have to do if it gives me a pachús

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/08/2016 9:21 p.m.

Well, I am enough with @marmourenza, my wife carries with me since before being diabetic and already knows much more than half of the endocrine.But is it true that I personally bother me very much the ask of "Are you okay?"I know it is because it worries and the truth is that I have given him enough reasons for it in recent years, but I can't stand that they ask me again and again if I'm fine or if he is giving me a hiccup.I guess many of you know the conversation:

- Are you OK??
- Yes of course.
- You are weird.Watch the sugar.

I hate him.I am already all day with the calculator on my head and thinking if I'm fine or not, why, or what can I have done wrong to have a descent.I don't want her to have to do it too.
I am also to shut up and wait for no one to measure/take something, I don't want people (including her) to be aware of me.It is my damn disease and I want to be self -sufficient and control it alone.Although more than once my stubbornness has given me a good scare.
Now with free it is easier and I have much less problems.I miss having alarms and maybe that's why I changed to Dexcom.That would greatly reduce our continuous concern for hypos and improve our quality of life.Hopefully our dear SNS realized that continuous meters (or flash) glucose are practically indispensable for good diabetes control.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
08/22/2016 12:01 p.m.

Well, as a diabetic couple, I have musquented myself in the water occasion, although in my case it has been when the Dexcom has warned it that it is going to make a descent and she strongly refuses to stop doing what she is doing to sit down to sitAnd eat something.

For example, on one of the occasions we were painting the living room and we were moving the furniture, in 120 the Dexcom gave him the notice of the two arrows down (there is also the circumstance that she has gastroparesia, so that the digestions arevery slow).Well, until the notice of 55 did not arrive there was no way to stop and eat something, then came the consequent rebound to 320 ...

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
08/22/2016 8:56 p.m.

With a juice or half cocacola, it can be enough to overcome without rebounds ..
How are you with the Dexcom?Did the glycosilada down?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/23/2016 9:57 a.m.

regina said:
with a juice or half cocacola, can be enough to trace without rebounds ..
How are you with the Dexcom?Did the glycosylated?

Exact.I do not understand the people who eat with hiccups, you have to drink a juice or a coca.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/23/2016 12:59 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

regina said:
with a juice or half cocacola, can be enough to trace without rebounds ..
How are you with the Dexcom?Did the glycosylated?

With a juice or half-coca-cola, it does not get the rhythm of descent if it is going down.

Well, the last Glico came out 6.8, but this is more than a year and a half ago, there is no way to go to the endocrine, although he has promised me that in September he will go.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
08/23/2016 1:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.