{'en': 'Diabetes ages the brain 5 years faster than normal', 'es': 'La diabetes envejece el cerebro 5 años más rápido de lo normal'} Image

Diabetes ages the brain 5 years faster than normal

fer's profile photo   07/04/2017 4:07 p.m.

There are many factors that affect memory, and diabetes or high sugar levels are among the factors that help reduce cognitive abilities, as can be seen from the conclusions of a study published in the Neurology magazine, the medical magazine ofThe American Academy of Neurology.

This study demonstrates how in just two years, people with this pathology experience negative changes in their ability to regulate blood flow in the brain, which is associated with lower scores in cognitive skills and capacities to perform daily activities.In addition, it has been demonstrated as people diagnosed with diabetes at age 50 have a significantly higher risk of suffering from mental cognitive impairment at 70, since diabetes ages the brain about 5 years faster than normal.

The fact that people with diabetes suffer from this accelerated aging of their brain, is due to the fact that these diseases have problems of blood flow regulation.The inflammation that is produced by the alteration of blood sugar levels, causes the brain vessels not to regulate cerebral blood flow in the proper way towards each and every one of the areas of this organ.

The study observed that patients with high sugar levels suffered a reduction in their ability to regulate blood flow in the brain, as well as lower scores in memory skills tests, thinking and skills to perform activities of the activities of thedaily life (bathe or cook).

In addition, in the learning and memory test, the scores of the diabetic patients were reduced by 12 %, so to avoid cognitive deterioration in the advanced age, it is important to keep a healthy eating and do physical and mental exercise.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/04/2017 4:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

As always more good news, gentlemen stop publishing something so obvious for those who suffer from said penance, only with the activity that our brain has after the day and the stress that is subjected is already reason enough to understand that not registered will have theconservation or degeneration of a non -diabetic person.On the other hand, he mentions the problem of a high level of blood glucose, but unfortunately these "professors", "philosophers" and raised in publicams, forget to mention that low levels of blood glucose also cause deterioration.Many studies, many publications, etc ... For what?Does this kind of thing really use something to achieve or achieve a cure for this cross?Because I do not believe it, so I prefer that if you will not do it, they endow, putting within my reach non -invasive and reliable systems that manage to have a control at all times of the level of my glucémia, that provide me with intelligent and improved treatments.Meanwhile that so much hoax and memeces are saved

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/05/2017 3:04 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@"Luvi" that great truth ... I have only been with this cross for 3 years and I went to the end of if neurons died with the hiccos ... I had a couple of weeks that behind one another and I swear that it is like it is likeIf I had fallen into a mari -marmita of marijuana ... it was empanada it is little ... I almost burned the house to leave the fire oatmeal and go to buy ... that in life had happened to me ... a fish memorythat until you have been normalized for a few days you are not again ...

Joyce's profile photo
Joyce
07/08/2017 7:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.