Memory and diabetes

Leticia21's profile photo   07/26/2016 2:33 p.m.

Lately I feel that things are forgotten a lot, I do not remember what I do and as if I had no conception of time ... Do not explain it well. They have told me that because of diabetes the memory can be affected... But with 26 years it is not normal.The truth is that I feel worried ... does this happen to someone ???

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
07/26/2016 2:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

leticia21 said:
lately I feel that things are forgotten very much, I do not remember what I do and as if I had no conception of time ... I do not explain it well. They have told methat because of diabetes the memory can be affected ... but that with 26 years is not normal.The truth is that I feel worried ... does this happen to someone ???

If and very often, I don't know if it's for diabetes or because I am distracted.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/26/2016 4:01 p.m.

@Leticia21 @Afterego The same thing happens to me, and always, before even having diabetes, so that basically blames it to a personal issue and also the stress ... the latter affects and more than it seems, schoardsA look at this article: Link

For the rest, I would say that it is quite common ... and that it is very common ... it happens to many people ... ESOOOO ... what were we talking about?=)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2016 4:32 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer @afterego What is your plan, where do I leave the keys?I mean ... you mislead?It is that my thing is that I doubt what I did yesterday or this morning for example ... and of the things that I remember it seems that they have happened more time ago ... it is not explained.As I have had many declines and I have not responded correctly to them I think about something because of that

Leticia21
07/26/2016 4:39 p.m.

@Leticia21 I include in my mistakes those who comment, even after having eaten, think about whether I have eaten this or that, or directly not remember ... Anyway, which is what I tell you, if you read the article that youI have passed, in my case, I am very convinced that the problem is stress.

Back to your case, have you started working or doing any stressful activity recently?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2016 4:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer the truth that nothing new ... a few months ago I noticed how it cost me to remember what I had done back and what I remembered was like a sensation of drunkenness, this is how I describe it ... that you remember the dayprevious but vague things ... and now my day by day is that permanent sensation

Leticia21
07/26/2016 5:05 p.m.

Mmmmmm ... @Leticia21 Well, I am not sure that there is a relationship with diabetes, are you type 1 or 2?, I suppose that 1?

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2016 5:19 p.m.

@Fer Sii Type 1 Since 9 years, I have 26. I don't know why it will be but an endocrine came to tell me that it could be for diabetes and that is why I was worried because I have not taken an adequate control these years :(

Leticia21
07/26/2016 5:31 p.m.

@Leticia21 In type 1 and with your age, it seems very rare that diabetes has something to do, studies on the subject have been published, but related to type 2, which also relate to Alzheimer's, here youI leave a link in case you want to read: Link

In your case, I believe that it has no relationship, although if you are calmer, I would visit the doctor.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2016 5:41 p.m.

I believe that sometimes we are so aware of diabetes that the rest can be forgotten.Do not worry that it will be nothing.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/26/2016 6:19 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Leticia21 My sister right now I ask what she has eaten at 2 pm and it can take 15 minutes to remember and diabetes has nothing at all so don't worry, as you have told you around here you can be a thousand things, mislead, stress, workload, studies, summer, heat, vitamins, etc, etc.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/26/2016 7:57 p.m.

If it serves you it also happens to me (and it gives me a lot of anger) not to remember where I put things, what ate, etc.ah!And I am not direct diabetics, but type 3

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/26/2016 9:48 p.m.

For those who do not understand the type 3, I am a girl from a girl with diabetes

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
07/26/2016 9:49 p.m.

If I am typical of whether I am talking to someone and I want to comment on something after a while when the person gives the word and not even I wanted to tell him.
Or I have punctured the insulin just when the phone rings, for this app on the cell phone and sympre scoring before clicking.
If it is noted, it is no longer at risk of twice.
Or they tell me things and after a while I don't even remember what they have told me.
It is not that we always have to blame all diabetes but it usually has to do with something surely.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/26/2016 9:55 p.m.

In the case of forgetting punctures, I join the club.Countless times that I have signed for monotony for inertia, and if I do it with my partner, or watching TV and put something that makes me laugh or interest me, then I stay thinking how much have I put on?Or some weekend that I am not at home and I do not do my morning routine to calibrate, change the needles, etc., I have even forgotten to prick, as if I did not have diabetes!And I realize a long time later.But what I said, I do not think it is related to diabetes, although I am not an expert.I think like fer, that the stress is very bad.Ahh and if you ask me what I had dinner yesterday ... I also answer you in 10 min: P

valky's profile photo
valky
07/26/2016 11:33 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I punish myself and in the minutes I think ... and how many units prick me?What I try is to click and on the march point it in the newspaper to do not doubt later.Before the lantus put it at night ... but more confusion because between one was more tired or adorned ... now that I am with the threeiba I put it at noon and I also have an alarm on my mobile:-//

Leticia21
07/27/2016 12:12 a.m.

To my tb it happens to me as to Leticia21, that I click and in the minute I no longer know if I have done well, I think you do things with such routine and so many times the same ones that the clamp is going, I do not think thatIt has to see diabetes in this, it is rather the routine that we have been doing the same.

I consider that they are mistakes, but we are going that some doctors always blame everything to diabetes, and if fumaras would tell you that it is for tobacco, and if not because of stress, doctors are not gods, nor do they have answers or solutions for everything, notYou give you bad.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/27/2016 11:18 a.m.

@Anzazuleg or simply want to take off the brown to have to investigate, test or simply show that he has no idea why and seen as an eminence in medicine he will give that image before a patient.There is no better doctor than oneself and nobody knows more about our diabetes and the symptoms that we have to we, so in many occasions it is necessary to sin heavy or even consult several doctors to give you a solution or diagnosis, since as wellYou say each one can give you an opposite criterion to that of the other, being both of the same specialty.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/27/2016 11:33 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I have a fabulous memory, so discard diabetes.
My father (72 years) cannot remember half of things and words fail when speaking;He is clear about his message but does not happen to him what he means;We guess on the flight and sometimes we fail ... and it is not diabetic ... I am the only one in the family.
My advice, if you worry the subject a lot ... Consult the neurologic.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/27/2016 1:54 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.