My little path.

Franky's profile photo   08/17/2016 11:44 a.m.

Hello again!: -H How are you?
I already appeared in the forum in mid -March with lada diabetes and for now although it goes for days and I still assimilate it I am much better.

I started with 6 units of abasaglar (slow, fast insulin I do not wear) and in March, in the first analytics I had glycosylated 8.3 and in the last, in June, I have 6.8, without any hypoglycemia until today, I play wood.Of course, they saw that I had a little cholesterol, almost in the limits, it didn't give it much importance.From July, and as my doctor told me, if for two days I had more than 130 (fasting) I had to upload a unit or two.I have been observing the measurements and I am currently in 8 units.How do you see it?What was worse lately was on an empty stomach, because there were days that I was used to in 145 and when I woke up I was still the same when I thought I should go down.I have read something of the Alba phenomenon and Somogyi effect, but I do not know.

Also, comment that when breakfast and that same morning I go to the gymnasium rises to approximately 200-230 and then descends very fast.Picos are produced, is it normal?

For now and I hope that I always have it quite controlled, only on occasion and almost always depending on the food, it goes up something else, between 200-260, from there it has not happened, the rest below 180.

I think I started with good foot and I am quite happy in this aspect.Now to continue the same and to wait until the end of September to the next analytics.

I still forget something, or if you want to ask anything here I am.Thank you very much for the contributions and greetings to all!;)

Franky's profile photo
Franky
08/17/2016 11:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @franky, and congratulations, it seems that you get along very well!A great hemoglobin and even more knowing that it is not the result of mediating with hypos, that is great ...
With respect to Abasaglar, its action curve is not very good, I think it is glargina, so it will be similar to the lantus ... if in principle it works well as basal it is normal that it maintains during the night around the value with the Q t lying down (Although flat basal a hundred percent I doubt that there is any, hopefully) ... if you see that you lift more it, follow the instructions of your endo .... the peaks those after the sport that then go down to every pill I have read it, here there are many athletes very much on the subject that they can guide, I think it also depends on the type of exercise, if it is of strength or resistance, etc ... the peaks with some meals are difficult to control, in the case of my daughterI see that it is essential to respect a time between the insulin bolus and the intake, although of course, you do not have fast before meals ...

Anyway, I think you are doing fable.A hug!

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/17/2016 2:34 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Hi @ainhoa, thank you very much for the comment.Yes, the insulin that I wear is like Lantus and for the moment it does its function:)>-
I will continue reading sport and trying to understand a little more about this subject.
It is clear that with diabetes at every moment something arises and the more information we have better.
Let everything go well @Ainhoa, a hug!

Franky's profile photo
Franky
08/17/2016 2:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.