{'en': 'Sleep quality affects academic performance of children with diabetes', 'es': 'La calidad del sueño afecta rendimiento académico de los niños con diabetes'} Image

Sleep quality affects academic performance of children with diabetes

fer's profile photo   08/01/2016 12:20 p.m.

Dream and diabetes have a direct relationship both in disease prevention and in the quality of life associated with it.Therefore, Abbott offers a series of tips to favor good sleep hygiene in children and adolescents with diabetes, with the aim of improving their quality of life and benefiting their health.

Dr. Venancio Martínez Suárez, pediatrician of the El Llano Health Center (Gijón) and director of the Research Group of the Spanish Society of Estrual Pediatrics and Primary Care (SEPEAP) ensures that a bad dream harms the vitality of the child during the day andYour school performance.

In addition, it interferes with the rest of the whole family and can worsen the control of glucose.Dr. Martínez also recommends achieving good glucose control during the hours of the day, based on the balance between food intake, physical activity and adequate insulin pattern, with the aim of reducing the possibilities of night hypoglycemia and favoringThe children's dream.

A bad dream harms the child's vitality and can worsen glucose control
According to a European study, one in three patients does not control glucose levels as often as health professionals recommend.The latest glucose measurement technologies, such as the ABBOTT free -free glucose monitoring system, allow the child's glucose to be tided quickly, with a scan and without clicking on the finger and interrupting his dream.

44% of the parents interrupted their children's dream to measure glucose and 40% of children have experienced some severe -European hypoglycemia has the highest incidence rates of type 1 diabetes in children.Approximately 140,000, with an estimate of 21,600 new cases per year.

To avoid possible hypoglycemia, or decreased blood glucose levels, glucose control is necessary at night.According to a European study on the impact of diabetes on the quality of life of children in 2016, 44% of parents had to interrupt their children's dream to measure glucose.Even so, 40% of children have experienced some serious hypoglycemia and 63% of them had lived this episode during the night.

Recommendations

Good glucose control must be constant to avoid both hyper and hypoglycemia.The child must carry out his daily activities normally, but always adapting the treatment to his lifestyle.Routines also help to reconcile sleep.The time custom of the children to bed and get up will help them sleep better and to perform better at school, as well as the regular practice of moderate physical exercise at the same time and far from the sleep hours, which can help control thediabetes, reinforce the child's sociability and improve their well -being.

Finally, a rich and varied diet is essential for the well -being of children with diabetes.Ration carbohydrates, adapt insulin treatment and avoid heavy food at dinner favor your rest.

fer's profile photo
fer
08/01/2016 12:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The article makes an unfair propaganda of the Abbot meter ... really not having alarms do little useful at night ... I tried it and it didn't earn me from what happened to Dexcom ... in the children I do not haveNo doubt of the advantages of Dexcom .... I spent night half in candle and with adjusted glycemias ... I slept fatal but the one of wonder.That does not mean that sometimes for the mental health of the two ... the best is any meter ... and control at 3.00 but then I am not very believer, I entrust all the saints.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
08/01/2016 5:11 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I spent 12 years sleeping next to my daughter and I was lucky to wake up if I had hiccups, because I changed her breathing, I was juice and she kept sleeping, I, not so much.When we change to Lantus in the morning, the hypos of the night disappeared.
Finding an adequate insulin guideline is the only thing that allows us to sleep quietly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/01/2016 5:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Papajesus1 those of Abbot push very strong to get their advertising.There is no record that what we really need, but for the initial disbursement would be the MCG with alarms, notice or not notice the hypos, the fact is that they do not produce and advance to them.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/02/2016 6:29 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I had not read everything.. Of course it is ABBOT advertising, but what they do not say is that the quality of parents' dream is also important
And to think that when I started the endo, I rejected me to measure it more than four times a day ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/03/2016 3:43 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.