7.5 of Glico is okay?

Garci's profile photo   07/08/2017 11:06 a.m.

Hello guys, I wanted to ask you a doubt about the diabetes of my 7'eares son.I started almost two years ago the glycos since then were around 7.5 Endo. He tells us that the control is good. But I have my doubts, among other things because I am.The endo is shielded in a good diabetological control. To refuse to put it, even if it refuses everything. What is it to change something in the treatment with Abasaglar and Humalog.I am worried about future complications there are days that are put in more than 300, and it costs us God and helps to lower the glucose, to finish I do not know if someone has put a pump privately if m could give information about it, I would appreciate itWell that's all thanks and greeting to all

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/08/2017 11:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

garci said:
Hello guys I wanted to ask you a doubt about the diabetes of my 7'eares son.I started almost two years ago the glycos since then were around 7.5 Endo. He tells us that the control is good. But I have my doubts, among other things because I am.The endo is shielded in a good diabetological control. To refuse to put it, even if it refuses everything. What is it to change something in the treatment with Abasaglar and Humalog.I am worried about future complications there are days that are put in more than 300, and it costs us God and helps to lower the glucose, to finish I do not know if someone has put a pump privately if m could give information about it, I would appreciate itWell that's all thanks and greeting to all

Good thing recommended in elderly diabetic people, it is below 7, the younger you are or child it is advisableIt is an exorbitant value.
Insulin bombs can be purchased privately without problem and there are various prices according to the brand etc. Insuline if you facilitate social security
Anyway insists if you get it to be financed by insurance

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/08/2017 1:08 p.m.

garci said:
Hello guys I wanted to ask you a doubt about the diabetes of my 7'eares son.I started almost two years ago the glycos since then were around 7.5 Endo. He tells us that the control is good. But I have my doubts, among other things because I am.The endo is shielded in a good diabetological control. To refuse to put it, even if it refuses everything. What is it to change something in the treatment with Abasaglar and Humalog.I am worried about future complications there are days that are put in more than 300, and it costs us God and helps to lower the glucose, to finish I do not know if someone has put a pump privately if m could give information about it, I would appreciate itWell that's all thanks and greeting to all

Good thing recommended in elderly diabetic people, it is below 7, the younger you are or child it is advisableIt is an exorbitant value.
Insulin bombs can be purchased privately without problem and there are various prices according to the brand etc. Insuline if you facilitate social security
Anyway insists if you get it to be financed by insurance

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/08/2017 1:08 p.m.

Thank you Antonimar I insist on the endocrine and argument. What your m confirms that it would be optimallyto a wall ... what was said for answering

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/08/2017 1:46 p.m.

A 7.5 glycate if there are many peaks and that is seen by the endocrine has no idea what he is talking about if he says it is good.A glyc is the average of values, if there are many high values ​​and many lows is not a good value.
A value of 7 may be better than 6.5 if blood glucose has been stable.
You also have to think that he is a child and controlling the peaks is complicated.
Try to regulate those peaks.That endocrine the truth seems to me that it is unprofessional if it has told you that, and if he knows the theme of the peaks.
The problem of buying an insulin pump does not become its initial price that can be around € 3,000 to € 4500, but the fungible material that per month has a high economic value and can be without any problem of about 350.00 €

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/08/2017 5:22 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello Jconegar that you are doing, what you tell me confirms my concern about it, there are indeed peaks in Alvaro's graphics and the problem is that where we live we do not have a private clinic that teach us the handling of the bomb that I imagineq I will haveYour difficulty apart from the economic problem especially monthly .... about endocrine I prefer not to speak in short thanks once more for your prompt answers

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/08/2017 8:20 p.m.

garci said:
hello jconegar how it goes, what you tell me confirms my concern about it, there are effectively peaks in the graphics of Alvaro and the problem is that where we live we do not have a private clinicThat teach us the handling of the bomb that I imagineq tb will have its difficulty apart from the economic problem especially monthly .... about the endocrine I prefer not to speak in short thanks once more for your prompt answers

Always think that he is a child and asking for a very good glyc is complicated.Do not have several hospitals in your area?In my hospital I had to change your end to put the bomb, none wanted to wear it until one said yes, and he formed at the same time as me, he spent 6 months without endocrine until one decided to put it on.
In the end we with training must be self -sufficient, but for this you have to form a lot.
Picos can often be produced by the type of carbohydrates ingested and the time between which insulin is put on and starts eating.
Try to locate an endo that has training, ask in your association if you are to see if they know any that of the face in the public hospital.
A lot of patience.A hug

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/09/2017 12:31 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Children are given more court PQ is complicated, they ask you for values ​​from 7.5 down, of course, the less better, and the peaks are bad, the variability is bad for everyone.

But as I said in some post you will not solve it with the pump, what you need in a continuous meter to know where it fails, to avoid the peaks of more than 200, which are normal after each meal and the possible hypo.

You have to avoid both the values ​​less than 70 and those over 250, if more or less in that strip it is normal.

They are children and have many hormones and factors that influence them as everything becomes easier, but come on the puberty that has crumb.

TB I advise you not to go crazy with the results, for many years ahead, and diabetes is very variable and often impossible to control.
A value of 7.5, it is not to think about complications, and less when you have a year, even if it maintained that 7.5 over years and years, it would not have complications, they usually come associated with hemoglobins from 9 up and duringyears.

Patience, and encourage, your boy will go well.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/10/2017 10:29 a.m.

Thank you for your Aranzazuleg answer, if you have variability and tb picos that do not know because there are days that become uncontrollable I suspect tb that hormones play bad passes, it has the dexcom that helps us a lot to avoid the hypos that are usually rareAnd shallow thanks to the dexcom, I know that 7.5 is not a disastrous value but of course what we play always want us to be the best possible, thank you for your contribution and a greeting

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/13/2017 12:27 a.m.

Of course we want to be fine, but I think that until puberty will happen it will be difficult, and it is not a plan to lead a very controlled life, because it is also necessary that when I get to adolescence it bounces and does not want to take controlYou're welcome, which I have already read several cases in the forum with the same problem.

Do not overwhelm you, or overwhelm, I am very worried about that stage of rebellion that all the kids have, I say that I am missing to arrive, but I have fear!hahaha ... also the most important thing is to spend those years with good control to avoid possible future problems.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/13/2017 10:25 a.m.

It is not bad for a DM1 patient.It is an average of 160 +/-.Being a child is justifiable for psychological reasons, but I advise to redirect him around 6-6.3% that is perfectly possible, even without a bomb.
In elderly people, as someone has indicated, it is recommended around 7 because of hypoglycemia and arteriosclerosis, among other things, therefore the basal in the elderly is a little high is justified.Not in children: fundamental try to make him understand little by little the intringulis of the disease, without drama.I think there is the question of the matter, and winning it is a triumph already for life.
Diabetes' self -complacency is an enemy of couple size to that of short chain HC.
Regarding the famous HBA1C, I wanted to point out that although it is a magnificent indicator, there is nothing better than a freestyle or dexcom -free monitoring: thus you can know the variability and average deviation;There are cases of HBA1C of 6.5 but with fluctuations between hypos and high glucose that throw averages that do not do justice to the state of pandial or basal blood glucose, in addition to allowing to adjust insulin and/or HC.In summary, for three values ​​180, 65 and 100, whose average is 115, it is evident that the average deviation is high, and therefore the imprecise mean.

Paulescu's profile photo
Paulescu
08/10/2017 3:15 p.m.

LADA desde 2-2010/ 44 años
Lantus 16 u en tránsito a Toujeo / Novorapid 4/6/5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.