Type 1 diabetes with 18 years

Imaanbt's profile photo   08/02/2016 11:04 p.m.

Hello!I am new in this, because just 2 weeks ago I debuted.I had no idea that it was diabetic, moreover, nobody in my family is.I felt a lot of tiredness, an excessive thirst and went to the bathroom every two by three.
So a friend looked at my glucose without imagining that I would find values ​​of 478mg/dl ... I spent a infernal night in the emergency room while the ketones lowered me, and now I haveGlucose between 200 and 300 and this worries me, does anyone else in a similar situation?What do you recommend to take it better?

Thank you!& lt; 3

Imaanbt's profile photo
Imaanbt
08/02/2016 11:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Imaanbt That is normal until you adjust the pattern of the appropriate dose of both basal and quickly, it is normal that at first it is a bit destabilized, they need days to see if a pattern is correct or not.Much encouragement and patience

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/02/2016 11:27 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Are you already at home?They usually enter a few days until they put the proper guideline of insulin, although you then have to readjust at home, but the educator has to do with you and explain everything before leaving the hospital.
Welcome to the forum, it will be very good for all the doubts you have!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/03/2016 4:29 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome!!!Little by little you will know how to control yourself better, for that you need time and a lot of information, as you have already told you up here.I wish I could tell you that you will not see those values ​​again, but in this disease so many things influence you will see a 200 without knowing why, I do not say it to discourage you, but quite the opposite, so that you do not overwhelm.In case it serves as comfort, my daughter tonight at 2 had 200, I have rectified and as if nothing .... so patience and a lot of encouragement !!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/03/2016 10:16 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Imaanbt don't worry;It is normal.When you debuts are several days with very high values ​​until your body begins to recover.I took a month, more or less.

As @regina says it is very important that the educator explains well what to eat, how, quantities and to teach you to calculate the insulin of each meal.If it is not clear to you, here we are here to help you.

Welcome!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/03/2016 10:17 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.