Glycemia before and after sport

Nila's profile photo   08/06/2016 8:57 a.m.

Good morning, I am curious.

This morning I got up and marked the 118 glucometer. I have been approx 45 minutes, on an empty stomach, to do about 4 km with my dog ​​before breakfast.I have come home, I have measured my100 for breakfast.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/06/2016 8:57 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Well, I can't help you much because I have many times your same doubt ... my daughter many times when running and playing instead of lowering it 8- |I do not know if it will be because the body pulls the glucogen of the muscles or some of that ... here sure that some sport expert explains it well

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
08/06/2016 9:15 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are times when you do sports, glycemia usually uploads, but then goes down.
As soon as the fasting sports I think it will be that the peak at breakfast does not let you lower the values.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/06/2016 9:30 a.m.

Whenever you exercise your body generates glucagon, so sugar goes up.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/06/2016 9:38 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@Nila, does glycemia usually upload you in the morning even if you do nothing?Neither you click, nor breakfast, nor anything.It may be that exercise reducing blood glucose has compensated for that possible rise

What you have done, you have done it and to a moderate intensity, right?is that the type of exercise also influences

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/06/2016 9:43 a.m.

My daughter practices athletics and always goes up after exercise, in these cases we do not usually rectify, unless for some reason it rises a lot.
And without exercising, if a meal jumps and goes fair, it also ends up.It happened to us that one day of school left lunch, not lunch and its blood glucose to be good, did not put insulin, and the food came with more than 200. After consulting it with its endo, he told us that the body loose glucose, incase of necessity, of their reserves, and not administering insulin, hence the high values.That is why he told us the importance of making all meals.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/06/2016 9:52 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

It depends on many factors, the trend of blood glucose, as you say that you have been fasting and not after having breakfast, will depend on the basal insulin action that is left, supposedly when adjusted should not be very influential, but can influence, as ofIntense, make those 4 km, even if not it seems, we do not always perceive whether or not we intensify the effort, the terrain (plain, with slope, etc.), because that effort, temperature, etc ... will depend on it ... despiteI don't see any problem of breakfast with 118 or 114 glycemia.The flat line obsession do not instill it as a gift from complications if there is no good control.But a flat line in a diabetic person is impossible.While a diabetic person water with hose, non -diabetic have their automatic irrigation.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
08/06/2016 9:55 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Joseludi said:
@nila, does glycemia usually upload you in the morning even if you do nothing?Neither you click, nor breakfast, nor anything.It may be that exercise reducing blood glucose has compensated for that possible rise

What you have done, you have done it and to a moderate intensity, right?is that the type of exercise also influences

Yes, I have done it to moderate intensity, I walk quite fast, but I do not run for example, but my stride are fast and wide.

It may be that maybe I climb me, usually I usually go after meals and there it goes down a lot.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/06/2016 10:38 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Thank you all for the answers.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
08/06/2016 10:39 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@nila depends on thousands of factors as the companions have indicated to you, the glycogen that you have stored, of the PPM that you have taken, of the adrenaline, of the active basal insulin, well and the rest of some bolus tries to never carry ....
It is not easy, you can get more or less straight average lines in training of many hours but it is very complicated, many things must be taken into account and the HC that are taken, do not always have to go well, the same twice that you doThe same and you don't get the same.And the subject of uploads for me that I call them false because they exist both during and after.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/06/2016 12:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Luvi I loved your phrase "While a diabetic person watered with hose, non -diabetics have their automatic irrigation"

If you skip a meal, or enter hiccups (it's my case) or give you a high.My endo tells me that better eat little but 5-6 times a day for the organism to get used to stable values.I don't know ... theory or reality?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/10/2016 12:11 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.