{'en': 'All for an illusion.With diabetes you can but "with a huge and more complicated sacrifice."', 'es': 'Todo por una ilusión. Con diabetes se puede pero "con un sacrificio enorme y mas complicado".'} Image

All for an illusion.With diabetes you can but "with a huge and more complicated sacrifice."

jconegar's profile photo   08/06/2016 2:10 p.m.

Well, the sport theme is playing a lot for the forum lately and I think it is time to comment.

You know that my illusion will always be trying even if it is only one person to wear hits and give a good walk, but not only three hours a week but something more if it is a walk.Walking is one of the healthiest sports that exist.

I do not want any child to suffer what I have suffered since the 14 years that I debuted to 41 years or so that I started with the sport, that is, not to do anything of sport "zero sport" something that I am really very repentant,I had serious overweight consequences and cholesterol levels not controlled or medication ..

Parents have to help their children always have their illusions, help them and encourage them, not prevent them from doing what they want.

I also want everyone to see that "it is never too late to start", in 30 years my muscles ended up stunted and still still well, how do I know?For the training I do, seeing the evolutions of others and mine.

After not having finished trackman 12 h, where I only endured 8 hours, I started the training for another very hard test for me and my legs, which is already very close.

People ask me why don't you do something more affordable for you?We know that it costs you horrors, that your muscles are still unfinished ... because the answer is always the same "because it would not be a challenge."

I have many possibilities to fall again, many more than in Trackman, but I'm for it.It is a road bike test where accumulated altitude is very considerable and I have really more or less really with this sports discipline.

The training has consisted of running, strength training in the room and since not many hours on the bicycle accumulating altitude.In total for this test I have held the following training:

.................................. training ........... hours .......... kilometers
June .............................. 18 ........................ 36 ........................ 701
July .............................. 26 ......................... 55 ...................... 1.066
August (up to 6/8) ..... 5 ........... ......... 8h42min ..................159

Total ............................. 29 ........................ 100 ..................... 1.926

At the end of the text are the images with the detail of the training.

But it has not been all beautiful, it has not been anything, it has been a huge sacrifice, the most sacrificed summer of my life and not only for having to train, but for having to learn from all of you, the great athletes, learn toHaving a very good diet, knowing the composition of everything that as, analyze the routes to see what to take at all times to get glycemic curves in training most of them something acceptable but not always, I have had the help of aNutritionist and a personal coach.This is a mess and not at all as for a non -diabetic, it is even more difficult to maintain the weight for the amount of HC intake to take in such long training, which does not happen to me when I do running.I also have a great help that for me is vital and essential, it is the help of all of you, all who encourage me day by day.

In the long weekends training, I always had to lift me at least 3 hours before leaving, normally at 3.55 or 4.15 am, wait 15 minutes, calculate very well the portions to take and composition of what I took so that beforeTo get out a good level of glucose, this I think not all athletes do it, then I didn't sleep well.I have come to have 3 open energy bars to take depending on its composition of one or the other and never take an entire, but to bitessmall to avoid peaks.

I leave these links of long training, which are really worth seeing them, so that you see that if you can, have more or less straight of blood glucose, but with a huge sacrifice, easy and in some I have failed, in eachI train is the glucose graph.

Link ;id=100000588778204
Link ;id=100000588778204
Link
Link
Link ;id=100000588778204

(You can see all the training and more graphics and comments on my Facebook Jorge Moto training)

Everything must be said, I carry the Dexcom G4 and an insulin microinfusora, in addition, now, the XDRIP to continually see the glucose on the smartwach and be able to make hundreds of decisions more than before.The microinfusora helps me a lot, you have to have a lot of training so that in sports practices it will take full advantage, but of course you can, but it would be for it, it would have to take a horror in HC and in the end it would almost always end with peaks.Of all the training made I believe that it has only been 3 where my hand has gone and I have finished in values ​​of 200/230 always for my mistakes of not having removed the reduction of basal, finding unforeseen events and having a thousand mistakes.

I only have to tell you that "I fight with my diabetes, not against her", this is very complicated at least for me, I don't like it when I go to a place and I just listen to the beautiful "with diabetes you can" and forgetPeople the coletilla but is much more complicated, for not using another terminology.

Diabetesnofear
Sody
DT1 Team

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/06/2016 2:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar many congratulations on your effort and sacrifice.Keep like this fulfilling everything you set ... you are a great example to follow

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/06/2016 3:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Congratulations on those pieces of routes, with a great sacrifice there always comes a great reward.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
08/06/2016 10:18 p.m.

Congratulations, @jconegar, for everything achieved!
My daughter has now pointed to the gym and every day an hour goes, it is little but the exercise is also very happy to put the mind positively.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/06/2016 11:34 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Congratulations @jconegar without goals life becomes very boring and being sitting all day increases insulin resistance, so to play friendly sports.
Not only will we improve values ​​in the care of our disease and several but also improve the main value of the mind and we will be more comfortable.
P.S.There a photo of my friend the bike

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/07/2016 4:17 p.m.

I give faith !!!

Oh, if I look like a notary, hehehehe

I see the training and their comments and everything that has to be prepared before setting the foot on the pedal or putting on the shoes and the truth is that I think it would end up stressed.But there is no other @jconegar

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/07/2016 11:23 p.m.

@Leticia21 Thank you very much, I always have to have an illusion, always somewhat complicated for me, but this is more emotion to life, I am already in my nerves.
@Regina when you comment that children are involved in the world of sport for me is a huge joy because with the fighters who are getting great challenges in their life.
Precisely what you say about the mind is a very main point that I forgot to comment.In an interview they did to me for a magazine that comes out in September it is one of the points that indicated that the sport helps a lot.
@Afterego Good outings on that bike.What you say about resistance is as you say, it is strange to have days of insulin resistance if sport is continuous.Mentally to me the sport has helped me a nonsense, even if it costs me horrors that time the mind forgets everything and when you end it is an impressive feeling of well -being.
@joseludi great partner athlete, always there encouraging me with my follies.That is my struggle that people say what it really is and not only "with diabetes you can" because then those who start get a huge disappointThings say they are.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/08/2016 11:02 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@jcnoegar, congratulations for your spuffy, for your illusion !!!!You are a great example for everyone.
And how much reason you are in diabetes if you can but everything is much more difficult.My heart breaks when I see my daughter suffer, to see her with cramps and finish a career suffering and hyper.Or do a lot of km for a competition and make prior control and see that if we do not manage to go we will not be able to participate ........ Uff are tanta things, that for all athletes with diabetes, taking theDeparture from any test is already a triumph and if you reach the double triumph goal and if you have managed to keep the glycemias no longer I tell you !!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/08/2016 1:14 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Rociollinares how much reason you carry in everything you say, we have to be realistic and always fighting us to the last drop of sweat.
Get those lines in glycemia curves?It is very complicated but we can with great sacrifice and the reward is huge, every time a training is made and those complicated lines are achieved is a reward.
Give your daughter a big hug and never stop fighting, and if she falls, she will get up even though with pain and the fight will be stronger for the next time.
Every time I read that the kids (our quarry) fight from so young and do what I did not do to you that I am glad, because they will be great winners and although they do not go up to the podium to go to a competition is already atriumph.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/08/2016 2:14 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar you are a brave and a fighter.It is almost impossible to have flat curves without exercise;I do not imagine the self -control and how strict that you are to achieve it with the physical effort you do.
I am sure that next time you endure the entire test and pass it with note.
Cheer up!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
08/09/2016 4:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much @ruthbia if the truth is very complicated to get those curves.There are many hours and almost all training only for what mentally you have to enjoy what is done even if it is difficult.
Regarding my madness (at least for me) I will fight to get a goal with all my strength and always headed, always putting health ahead.
Always before a long training or sports test I look at the threads of this forum and the messages that many send me encouraging me, as well as all FB partners fighting and follows me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/09/2016 5:36 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I encourage everyone with this thread !!!!;)

I am going out to walk quickly for an hour or so, and although I am tired, I feel great !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
08/11/2016 12:39 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks @fer.Walking is one of the healthiest sports that exists and sometimes practiced because sometimes it is thought that it is not worth anything, not crushing joints, you are fat if you walk a fast tad.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/11/2016 4:07 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.