The meals and my daughter ... despair !!!!

mariah14's profile photo   08/07/2016 3:42 p.m.

I have, always, a big problem for my daughter to eat well.This means that he eats everything, in sufficient quantity for his age and now, being diabetic, I care more ... like very few things (the fruit in a bag or once a banana or pear chub. Vegetables equal to or worseJust like a concrete poto or some commercial cream.Things: rice, pasta, soup, battered chicken, yogurts and cookies or rice pancakes.Fish according to.
We have punished her without things (not without eating, obviously) until I have tried to explain that she has diabetes and that to be well she has to eat and punctuate insulin ... but nothing.The eating time is chaos, we are in a tension, it takes 1 hour and I do not put it insulin until you have eaten enough hydrates for fear of passing me with insulin.
I am also afraid of giving priority to hydrates and then proteins or vitamins are missing ...
In short, I don't know how to do it, neither at the technical nor psychological level ... someone helps me !!!

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
08/07/2016 3:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mariah14, I see me a lot, a lot, a lot with you, with two years it is so difficult ... I remember it from distance and with those cursed regular insulins and NPH and fixed portions that had to eat yes or yes, hungry or withoutShe, and there were very tense moments the truth.I imagine that you will have the ratios calculated and will not have fixed rations, but that you can adapt a little to their desire to eat .... that already facilitates something ... I do not know if it carries a bomb or ball, with a bomb you can synchronize betterWith it, putting square bowling, or a dual throughout the food ... If you don't know how much you will eat you do well to be a foreseeing, it is very sensibleThe worst stage and will happen before what you think, you'll see ... In my opinion you don't worry much about whether your diet is perfect, little by little it will eat more things, it is easy to say and difficult to live it, but you have to try to divertThe attention of the PQ meals sometimes realizes that you are slope and nervous whether they eat or not and the problem of doing greater ... much patience @mariah14, you do it very well, when you want to realize it will eat everything andphenomenal.A hug

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/07/2016 7:59 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

So that he does not miss proteins, pass by the flesh or fish blender and put it in the purés or pasta.And to better eat the purés, put on top of a few of chocolate or colors.
Croquettes also like to like and you can do everything.
And fruits in porridge ..
As Ainhoa ​​tells you. Don't worry a lot, because children eat what they need.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/07/2016 8:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It may also not to eat because you know that then there is a puncture ..., you can distract it with the TV and the drawings, members eat and click.
Don't talk about diabetes yet, it's very small.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/08/2016 7:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is that with two years do not expect that you understand that it is diabetic, if before it eats badly because it will continue to eat badly, until you have 5-6 years it will not be aware of things.

Little solution has, because at your age it is normal that you do not want furter, nor many things, the worst is to despair.

My son now eats for example 4 rations, 3 first -course, half of bread and a half of fruit (my son is two and a half years) but for dinner only one ration, pq does not eat hydrates, or sometimes 2.5 pq if he eats tortilla frompotato ... but of course my son is a dining room.

I cannot give you much solution, to eat whatever you want, it sounds bad to tell you this, but to children the more you force a thing less, they have the contradictory spirit very implanted in their head, hehehe .....

You can't do more than be patient and wait for these years to spend.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
08/08/2016 9:24 a.m.

My daughter was the same, now he is 14 years old and diabetes for one.As a child I just took milk.His pediatrician told us that we tried this, the milk would only be insured at breakfast in the rest of the meals was an award, if he ate he would have milk, he was lying without dinner, asking for milk, two days he got up warning that noI was going to have dinner ..... so to the tough with the plan .... As it grew healthy and well, his pediatrician told us that we should change the chip and not martyr, if we forced it, it would be worse, it was to see the table and put the table and put the table anddisappearing ... now since he has diabetes, it is still complicated, it costs us to comply with its rations, and we are in the same case, proteins ..... we complete the rations with milk and cereals, and so we take advantage of the proteinOf milk .... it is complicated and more in such young children, I can only tell you how to encourage, and that I do not see that you overwhelm you for the issue of meals, and that if it grows well do not worry.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/08/2016 10:44 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@Mariah14 As the companions say they are very patient, I speak to you from the experience of having debuted in adolescence and now as the father of two aids, and never think that you are doing it wrong.
She is very small to be very patient as you are doing and everything is very complicated, now you have those problems and then it will be the problems in adolescence that she will think that diabetes has her and nobody understands her that she has enough already for others to try to get into.
Much encouragement and do not stop fighting with her, even if everything seems complicated and more than once you end up desperately, you never take it bad with her, I do not want to say that you do what you want but that with your experience you try to turn her aroundto the tortilla very carefully without her realizing because otherwise it will be worse.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/08/2016 11:54 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Mariah14, and do not worry about its growth, unless you have any deficit.My daughter has always been below her weight and above in height.To get an idea, my daughter was having a slice of cheese or half egg at most, and a hamburger bite, meat .... It lasted half an hour in your mouth, to end up throwing it.Now with 14 years it measures 1.79 and weighs 53 kg ..... imagine if it comes to eat !!!!;)

RocioLlinares
08/08/2016 1:05 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much once again for your advice and especially for your spirits.You really are a great help.
@Ainhoa ​​Well, the ratios of what I commented to his endocrine but told me that to calculate the dose for an HC ration that would be very little like 0.1 or so and to round it it would be more difficult because feathers only go 0.5at 0.5
@Rociollinares because my daughter is the same and thin since Nio (percentile 75 high and 13 weight) but it has always been and with the control of diabetes has even taken some weight
@jconegar Don't make me think of adolescence that I start to tremble !!!! haha

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
08/08/2016 3:39 p.m.

I would demand the bomb for your daughter, for such young children it is the best, first because you do not click all the time and second because the dose that is injected is super tight, I put my son for example 0.125 of Bolus to eat, andWith the ball it would be impossible to calculate it.

In addition, the corrections when the tight pump is high goes perfect TB.

I would demand it from its endocrine, the control would be poorly and safer, PQ tb gives them less low.

In fact I do not know how they have not already put it, the doctor is the first to have advised you.

aranzazuleg
08/09/2016 12:01 p.m.

@arazazuleg For many doctors it is a complication of life The bombs so they do not advise or want to hear about it, for them they now solve it with the threeiba or try when someone asks for them.
You have to have a very good training to put a bomb and I assure you that all doctors do not have it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/09/2016 12:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

And not in all hospitals they put it, in fact in which they take my daughter or put her or tell you about her.If one day we consider the option we will have to ask for hospital change.

RocioLlinares
08/09/2016 12:23 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

My mother, hallucino with what you tell me, in my hospital if it is true that you have to go through a training course and not all patients are suitable for carrying it, but in such young children it is the most advisable is more to say that mandatory,because they are so small carry so little insulin ....

And then they say that health is universal and the same for everything, not?They say no?Well, we would have to have all the right to better treatment and not to live in Madrid or Zaragoza or Valencia access some treatments or others.

Seeing my son, and not being in favor of the bomb, it seems unthinkable that a child under 7 years of age does not carry it, it is neither a craving nor a whim, it is a necessity.

aranzazuleg
08/10/2016 9:30 a.m.

The bomb for people with a lot of insulin sensitivity (> = 65) and children, I see it fundamental because you can put bolics with incredible precision.I have my Medtronic 640g with a step of 0.025 but I think you can configure the step to 0.005 insulin units.It is a pass.

I do not know if there are special bolis to put small doses.I think the standard insulin concentration is 1: 500, I don't know if there is anything in 1: 1000 plan or something.I could only put 1 minimum insulin unit.And now my bowling are always in Plan 1'6, 2'4 etc etc and my basal 0.675, 0.825 etc etc

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/10/2016 11:31 a.m.

@albertoT and @aranzazuleg, totally agree with you.I lived my daughter's childhood without bomb and no comparison to the flexibility that would have given her during those years.In addition to the accuracy in the dosing of the insulin you comment (and more in very young children, who use diluted and scheduled insulins in unity rooms), the issue of being able to schedule the basal by schedule sections seems fundamental to me and the key to thequestion.Neither with Lantus nor with Levemir I was never able to dominate the damn alba effect that fired the glycemia from five in the morning, or when the sunset effect entered adolescence, I think it is called that, that towards seven ofThe afternoon went up to the parra without remedy, unless it put on a lot, but a lot of insulin in the snack.Now with the pump you have strong basal basal in those time sections.In addition to that, absolutely all the basal insulins he used they made a peak, more accused in Lantus but also in Levemir, with which in the middle of the morning and around two in the morning I tended to hip ... In my opinion the bomb isA change to better impressive.Sometimes, not to put it, they are shielded in a percentage of patients who fail in pump treatment, but I know that there are some hospitals that put insulin bombs without barely giving formation.Thus starting the process is already focused on failure.In our case (Cruces Hospital, Bizkaia) the bomb adaptation process was scheduled in several sessions, exhaustive and with the almost daily monitoring and took the quiet right away.I defend the bomb for everyone who wants it, since all DT1 are potential candidates, and after the patient decides.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/10/2016 1 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.