Good afternoon, I'm new and I'm a little lost

Dido's profile photo   08/13/2016 2:07 p.m.

Hello, the truth is that I don't know where to start, this forums is new to me and I don't know very well how it works.

I will tell you my story a little.In other words, my pancreas loses the ability to insulin little by little.

I am not going to go into many details because it would be very long but summarizing, I feel very lost, they look at me little and bad) And I do not find out about anything, I need to better understand my illness and know how to take it, it is essential.

In addition to all this, I have a job that the diabetes are supposed to be done and on top of work.
Well, I hope to get to know people and contribute what they can (the truth in my case of diabetes is little).

Greetings and we talk.

Dido's profile photo
Dido
08/13/2016 2:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If that educator is useless, you can do two things: to tell her to calm down and explain it with clarity and education (you can put a complaint in writing if not) or inform yourself on your own, that in the end it is the mostpractical.
Ask all doubts, that we will help you, and see everything you can.
And do not forget that the glucometer is the one that directs everything.
Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/13/2016 4:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello@dido, and welcome to the best forum of all time why you will find everything "as in apothecary" just listen, analyze and understand all the comments that make you and we do to you !!, because it is the reality "lived" by all here!!!Adapt the best for your exclusive case, since all DBTCs, we are unique and react completely to the same situation !!!A sweet greeting of ani, and continues with a lot of encouragement, friend !!!!

ani's profile photo
ani
08/13/2016 5:13 p.m.

I am also new here I have type 2 diabetes thanks to God my Dr. is patient and explain things to me but always one stays with questions, I have diabetes more than one a; or and I am controlling it I have gone down I was in 126Kilos and with my diet I dropped to 96 but I still have to lower more in fact, I prepare my diets control my glucose sometimes I make a mischief with the food but reinforce with my glycopage 700 recommended by the doctor.but that other community apart from Sanchochados could eat.

COLLAZOS11's profile photo
COLLAZOS11
08/13/2016 5:29 p.m.

Hi @Dido, what really rage the formative incompetence of professionals .... Although you exempt training and even present claim and complaint as @regina says if your educator's forms are screaming and bad education, you will have to supply and search for yourTell all that information that does not give you.
In this link you can download many useful documents, the Osteba guide "just told me that I have diabetes. Guide for young people and adults in intensive tto 'is great.

asvidia.org/publicaciones/documentos-y-libros/

Diving in the forum and asking you will learn a lot, there are also good pages such as Clinidiabet or the Diabetes Foundation.
A hug

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/13/2016 7:48 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Welcome to the @Dido and @collazos11 forum, I hope it serves you as much as we have been having a few years, ask what you need and share what you know!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
08/13/2016 8:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello good night, first of all thank you very much for answering, the truth is that I think that my educator is extended, more than anything else, they do not have enough personnel to attend to all the diabetics that you have to do not know why we are reason every time we are every time we are every time we are every time we are every time we are every time we are every time we are every time we are every time we are every timefurther.
If you don't care, I'm going to tell you how I'm, since I don't know where to start, they just given me a new meter, an accu-chek aviva expert, I don't know why the meter has changed, they have not explained very well meHow is it going, like this.Nor have they told me because they have changed it to me, I went to the health center to ask for information and they tell me that I go to the educator that they of those things do not know (I do not know if this happens only here or it is something general, but it to mehallucina).
Well, I am telling you my treatment to see what you think, I put Lantus solostar from 14:30 to 15:30 since as I work in shifts I commented on the endocrine that was the same was better for me (now I doubt the whole truth).Fast is Apidra Solostar, I have a cocoa with the portions but more or less it is 3-2-1 the guidelClear the guidelines, according to my educator, the segret is to have the basal well and know how to count the hydrates and that gives you more freedom, especially in cases like mine.
The greatest problem that I think I have is when I am nights, since in that week the values ​​similarly, someone in the forum works in shifts and is in a situation like mine?You forgive if at first you crush questions but it seems to me that as I do not learn alone with the help of people who are in my situation, I carry it clear, a kiss and thank you

Dido's profile photo
Dido
08/14/2016 1:08 a.m.

The basal, always at the same time, at night you have the same basal, work or sleep, so the fast is what you can vary, according to what you eat.
That when you work at night you have more hypos, and have to eat in hours or get less fast.
What happens to you at night?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/14/2016 2:26 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, thanks for answering Regina, in my case the basal I put it at 2:30 p.m., rather from 14:30 to 15: 30, I do not always put it at the same time

Dido's profile photo
Dido
08/21/2016 12:17 p.m.

My problem is what work 7 nights in a row, and my values ​​are altered, since neither as I do not sleep well

Dido's profile photo
Dido
08/21/2016 12:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.