Rights and my basal

Marcos_J_M's profile photo   08/27/2016 1:18 p.m.

Good to see I tell you, since I debuted I have always been pulling since it was a rebirth, and well, the diabetes has advanced a lot in 10 years, formerly it was always around low figures and continuously had to be playing with fast absorption hydrates, andThat I had to mix in syringes the two insulins, draw graphics and others, it was all very strict ... in short, I will go to the grain.I am already tired and I need stability.
I work in shifts, or in the afternoon, or at night, and it is a curious pifostio ...
I have increased strips expenditure (about 10) and the figures are unpredictable, since there is no day like another ...
I try to play with the basal, but it costs me a lot ...
And there are my questions:
1 - I have the right to continuous insulin infusion pump?If so, in October that my endocrine is seen, I don't go from the consultation until I prescribe it or solve the subject
2 - While that day comes, when the basal under a little because the next day I have mess, the rapid insulin units by ration of carbohydrates also varies?That is, having a unit or two less basal, would you have to increase the rapid at breakfast or is it insignificant?
3 - Currently I use Abasaglar, which is a plan, if it is adjusted, I go to bed with 110 and I get up with 111, a wonder is that aspect, peeero ... I do not know if it has a cumulative effect, that is, that the variations do not begin toNotice until the next day ...

Thank you very much from before hand and have good controls at least until the end of the year hahaha.

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
08/27/2016 1:18 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@Marcos_j_m As for the pump I believe that with the hemoglobin that you have they will not give it to you not that this hem is based on having severe hypoglycemia repeated with losses of knowledge, they would give it to you as they have told youHere if you get pregnant or if your hemoglobins are constantly very high.
As for the Pòco settings I can tell you because each one is totally different and with a totally different type of work and physical activity and what serves me may not be worth it at all, in the end.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/27/2016 2:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The abasaglar is the threeiba?
Someone said that the variations of Tresiba were not noticeable until the next day ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/27/2016 2:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Sigsauer Thank you ... It is true that I have almost daily or that feeling of having to peck ... I am always in the low range.Although never a severe.That's why I want the bomb ...
@regina the abasaglar is the biosimilas of the Lantus I think ... but you do not tell you, if my endocrine does not access the bomb I will request the Tresiva or the Toujeo to see how such

Marcos_J_M
08/27/2016 4:22 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Hello @Marcos_J_M, of course you have the right to bomb, right now I do not have the specifications here but virtually any diabetic fits one of them, you would enter "good control but at the expense of intensifying glutemia measurement and multiple injections".If you are interested in the pump insists, document a lot and load reasons.A hug!

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/27/2016 7:54 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Hi @Marcos_J_M, as I understand you do not have to alter the fast if several basal, they have different jobs so to speak, haha.But well that is what you notice too, if whenever you download the postpandracial you get very high or similar, you could vary it a bit, but I think it does not have because.

Greetings!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/27/2016 8:47 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

If you were in my hospital in Madrid you would have when you wanted a "sponsored" bomb.They offered it several times and I don't want to see it.

It is a huge business and depending on where Medtronic and Company is pressed and "seduce" so that everything possible is distributed.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/27/2016 11:41 p.m.

@Marcos_J_m something similar to you happens to me.My work days are very intense and I have to constantly change guidelines and I am with many hypos at work.I went to ask for the bomb but they told me that it was for pregnant women or people with very bad control ... I had glycosiladgiving me long and excuses ... that the bomb was not magic ... that many people once put it
But we have to decide that ... I say ... and nothing seems to have asked me and that they would call me to start the learning course

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/28/2016 12:41 a.m.

@Ainhoa ​​thank you very much, I have already noted it to tell my endo ... the truth is that if, minimum 8 capillary measurements ... which is the least, like the injections, if everything were like silk, butSometimes it seems that I have no idea of ​​what I am doing.
@Miexron I understand that yes, since the basal indicates how you have the metabolism as active and such, and it flashes with the fast, what is true, is that when the basal varies in just one unit, it is insignificant.
@Arotorias then ask for it and you send it to me by mail hahaha, not if, to me to leave my life in "hands" of a machine I do not feel much, but I see that it is the only current way I have to adapt to the mode oflife that I carry ...
@Leticia21 I totally agree with you, it is more that those who suffer from diabetes should be endocrine or suffer indirectly with some close relative, so that they would empathize a little ... they only see numbers and believe that 2+2 = 4 = 4.. But if you start looking for factors to hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia, up to 3 more temperature degrees can be responsible ...

In short, compis ... a hug to all !!

Marcos_J_M
08/28/2016 4:15 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Well of course @Marcos_J_M, if the basal the several are enough to be noticed in the ratio, especially if you put yourself with the syringe and more fair quantities than of unity unity, which I have read that you usually do it.For now I go to the basic and rounding, and a needle or touched it, I am very rookie haha

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/28/2016 6:54 p.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Here you have whether according to public health you are entitled or not to insulin pump.
Link
But the reality is that it depends more on the hospital than on that paperwork that I have put you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/28/2016 7:08 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

To me the endocrine told me that the days that did not work (Tuesday and Sunday) upload 2 units my basal ... but the truth is that when it was from another one I did not notice any change in my glucose.
With regard to changing the fast I do it taking into account the physical activity that I am going to do ... I do not change the ratio by ration.My lunch ratio, for example, is 0.7 per ration ... and as 4 would be 2.8 (3) but if I know I am going to be very active at work I put it 2.
I understand that the basal is to "keep" in a parameter ... let's say 100-130. If you go up the basal is because you are above that parameter three hours later.
The rapid would not influence because she "does" is after two hours of having eatelevels you have established for the basal no ??????
Explain to me if so or I'm wrong
With respect to the insulins overlapping what they mean ???

Leticia21's profile photo
Leticia21
08/29/2016 2:22 a.m.

I understand that it is as you say @Leticia21.Although 3 hours after eating it seems little time to evaluate the basal yet, it has just finished the fast and digestion, or there is still something fast at 3 hours, and it has not given much time to the slow.It is often said that the value of how you wake up on an empty stomach is taken to see how the basal is adjusted, there has enough hours to work without variations, although in theory they also say that I should keep you flat.
What happens is that I suppose that @marcos_J_M makes very specific adjustments in the fast, because it may notice that during the 2-3 hours of digestion the slow "helps" more to the fast or less depending on how much it gets.And if apply the fast with decimals without rounding, and wants to be very tight, it can notice the small variations, since the 2 insulins take care of the same after all, to allow the sugar to be processed

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
08/29/2016 10:36 a.m.

@Miexrom is as you say, it is not as easy as it seems to determine when the basal is acting only and does not intervene at all the rapid ... to adjust the basal the method that has always seemed more successful to me is to do it by sections of fasting.With the pump it is easier because it looks more clearly when the basal is scheduled for hours.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
08/29/2016 12:07 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

@Miexron Do not believe that you various, only 1 or 2 units ... but sometimes I think that trying to spin so fine I just shattered ... I have to learn to relax a little and stop scaring me with the high figures.But as you say, I go to the millimeter that everything is unraveled and I look for explanations to impossible things haha.
@Leticia21 Of course, I referred to that exactly, since they overlap and could cause hypoglycemia and I wantedput ??That is playing to be God I think ... too much, to see if they already put the bomb ...

Marcos_J_M
08/29/2016 4:38 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

@Marcos_J_M indeed do not grant yourself so much because in the end this is a background and you can finish psychologist !!
I already put it here, when I started with this I watched a 140 mg/ dl and got to me and slowed down, I always wanted to be perfect, of course, hemoglobins below 6 but with enough hypos.In the consultation, the endocrine always told me, I see you under here, I see you under there, the phrase was: "I do not hurry so much because you are on the tightrope and any day you can fall ...".Indeed when you have a pair of fat scares, not loss of knowledge but to trace to the edge of the collapse is when I started to see the 140-150 mg/ dl perfect figures when until then they were very bad ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/29/2016 9:41 p.m.

Go @sigsauer if I understand you perfectly ... but you don't believe ... if I would always be in 130/140 ... but it's impossible.Or hypo or very hyper ... I do not achieve that limbo figure.In the end.Relax process on the way haha

Thank you all for answering.You are incredible

Marcos_J_M
08/30/2016 3:01 a.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.