{'en': 'The return to school, or the beginning of the school.', 'es': 'La vuelta al cole, o el comienzo del colegio.'} Image

The return to school, or the beginning of the school.

aranzazuleg's profile photo   09/05/2016 11:51 a.m.

Hello everyone,

My son begins this year the school, has already gone to the nursery, so we have some experience, but and the school will be the same?

Well, I don't know, but for now more children go to class, they are older and therefore give more bad.

The school has not put problems, but now it is time to see how they are involved with my son.

I have the meeting in a few days, and I will tell you how the thing is going, for now I tell you everything I have prepared.

1. First, a super simple glucometer guide, so that they know how to look at glycemia.
2. Second a set for super single tb, then upload photos.It carries condensed milk and cookies, with a very basic TB guide, to the spoon so that they are not looking for one.

I am in favor that the set goes with the child, along with the glucometer, because a school is very large and such a sweet set can easily fall into dodged hands, and the day that urges to use it does not have it by hand or has been "spentMysteriously ", that later nobody is going to face, and the scare you get is fat, because they would take time to call you, because they would first look for ways to solve the problem, error, better call me that I will solve the problem that you havecaused by leaving things where you should not, hehehe ... well, to avoid these things the set that goes with the child.

Then I will give them a general diabetes guide that gave me in the hospital.

I am not going to leave them glucagon, because our ability to respond closely is very fast, and I know that people are not prepared to prick it, it is better that they realize the bass you do to reach that extreme.

Hopefully it takes the course well, and not to give us any scare.

The post is to give an idea to first -time mothers with children so young, that you certainly do not know where to start, my idea tb is that the week of adaptation to the teacher looks at glymia a couple of times to take confidence and seeThat is simple.

I will tell you how everything goes ...

:-*

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
09/05/2016 11:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Woooow!, @Anzazuleg You are certainly making a preparation for the return to the first school !!

Let me contribute my grain of sand, there are several interesting resources in the forum on the subject, here I leave the links, I hope they also serve!;)

College, camps, colonies and diabetes (resources)
... List of resources with the objective of facilitating the full integration of the child with diabetes in school, of utility for both parents and teachers ...
Link
How to control children's diabetes at school
.. The educational community, among which are teachers, parents and students know what it consists of and how to act in case of problems (especially treat hypoglycemia) ...
Link
school agenda of diabetes
... A school agenda for children and adolescents.It is prepared by Elizabeth Déniz Suárez, and reviewed by Dr. Raquel Barrio Castellanos ...
Link
Children with diabetes: What are you facing in the school environment?
... Half of children's parents with school -age diabetes have had to somehow modify their work activity to be able to serve their child in an appropriate way ...
Link

Many encouragement and I hope everything goes very well !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2016 12:11 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Anzazuleg, this will be the second year in school with my daughter's diabetes, but it is as if it were the first because there are new teachers ... I also have the meeting with its tutor but what happens that it is a rollBecause by doing 2, they have several teachers and everyone must know how to act.Last year I left them a sheet where I put:
If it is at -60 on sugar and wait 15 min, at 15 min again take glycemia if you are more than 60 give cookie and if you are less than 60 give 1/2 on sugar and wait 15 min forTake glycemia again.
I also take the kit with sugar envelopes and cookies, my daughter always takes it in the backpack so that they always have it by hand.
I left them the glucagon in the school because we worked far and would not give us time to arrive.
The fate is that the girl already looks at her alone, the only thing you have to say is how she is because she is eating out but for everything else she knows what she has and almost always shows the hypos.
What is true that for me is over the peace oflive.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
09/05/2016 12:36 p.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Well yes, and at least your daughter is 7 years old, that you want or not know something, but the mine to do 3 .... my son at least goes with a single teacher, that yes, and I hopeOver time it will learn to look and notice the downs.

I am close to school, which in two minutes I planted there, I have not had problems with the nursery, so to see how the school ....

Nor do I want to give excess of information to the teacher, that people are saturated with and easily overwhelm, we must make them see that it is easy and that everything will be fine .....

aranzazuleg
09/05/2016 12:55 p.m.

Taking an identifier can be of great help at any time.Either of ours or any other brand.Our Codylife Kids identifiers are ideal since in addition to carrying visible data, they carry a lot of information within a QR code.

Codylife's profile photo
Codylife
09/05/2016 1:41 p.m.

I carry a Codylife bracelet precisely and I am very calm on both training and sports tests.I always approach the toilets and tell him, they have always told me that the issue of being able to put such an amount of information in a QR code is great, because they see at first glance that you are diabetic and they already walk with an eye and if they do notThey have installed the QR reader who carries it or installs it.
The important thing is to put the necessary information in the code.
For me, in addition to carrying a bomb, it is essential to do sports tests in other CCAA and not be everything registered in the National Health System that my doses have without the pump and other problems that I carry with me that are not few.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/05/2016 3:26 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

In my case we play with advantage because my daughter begins third of the ESO, and second year with diabetes, she makes her own decisions.But I am also waiting for the meeting with all the teachers, last year we already did it, but I wantrectify a hyper.Apart from giving all written guidelines to all teachers I have a sheet prepared exclusively for the physical education teacher.My daughter carries everything with him, but in case he forgot, he is lost in the school or a thousand things .... I leave everything in the school, glucometer, strips, juice, glucose and in our case the glucagon, with its correspondingAuthorization signed by me and where the teachers who are going to be administered and with a preparation guide appear.We also teach Algú Prof to do glycemia by whether necessary.My daughter has a reserved place in the teacher's room where everything you may need is and a space in the fridge for her glucagon.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/05/2016 3:39 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Good to all !!!!I have been a little looked at these days with the return to school and I have not had much time for the forum :))
The truth is that this is a complicated issue, I, in addition to a diabetic, I am a teacher, and I have collaborated whenever I have been able to in this type of problem, but I have to recognize that it is not something simple.
First of all, who must be claimed in these cases is not the child's teacher, if not to administrations, because teachers do not have to have knowledge to help in these situations.And in case of having it, consider this moment: a three -year -old boy with hypoglycemia and his teacher trying to help him, who takes care of the other 24 0 25 three -year -old children while you get to help one who at that time at that timeneeds?
Then there is also the issue of responsibility.There are people who "fear" do anything to the kids (and more if it is something medical), because the consequences can be ... I will give another example out of our beloved "disease", at the door of my school two childrenThey play the peon when they are already with their parents, one, without wantHe will ask for responsibilities to the Father;If that same situation (involuntary coup) is given ten meters inside the school in school hours, the director of the center can already pray so that nothing happens, that without being present and without having to blame it will have to give a lot of explanationsfrom why this situation has been given (and that if everything is in a scare).
What I mean is that this is a quite complicated issue;My experience is that colleagues help to the extent of their possibilities, but there are more and more difficult circumstances in the centers and every time we are less and we have less means.

Greetings and forgiveness for billet

nacho's profile photo
nacho
09/07/2016 11:03 p.m.

Make a letter requesting a nurse at school, you are entitled, the teachers will do what they can, but only with an ATS you will be calm.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/08/2016 12:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I just were with the teacher who is going to carry it, and has looked at her finger right there and well, I have seen her very capable of attending to him and being for others.

In addition, children are much more supportive than adults and before a sick friend are usually still.

I am not in favor of being alarmist and I try that people see it as one more, because in the end the downsuals occur once a month or two, and it is easier to give it a bad blow and make a wound thanHe of a fat downturn without anyone identifying him.

PQ do not forget that the downskons are gradual, it is not a drop in tension that you stay in the place without prior notice, initially the child is amodorra, he asks you to eat, they are many things, and in the end it is solvedwith two minutes of glycemia.

I have been very calm the truth, anyway the experience of the nursery is going very well for where the failures are, and it is true that in the nursery they are more pending, tb are smaller, so one thing for another, youIt first serves to realize that they can do the same as others and to know how people and yourself act according to what situations.

aranzazuleg
09/08/2016 10:31 a.m.

@Anzazuleg I'm glad;In these cases, parents' tranquility is fundamental.We all have the same objective, the well -being of children, and for that the tranquility, security and trust of all is essential.

Greetings and a lot of encouragement

nacho's profile photo
nacho
09/08/2016 10:58 p.m.

@Nacho I understand your position as a teacher that responsibility should not be given to a teacher since they of these issues do not understand, but it is not as easy as going to the administration and that they award you an ATS for the school, I hope it wasSo because many we would be calmer, but and that you do but there are ATS to someone will have to give that responsibility?and that it is clear that I support teachers because luckily so far I have not had any problems with the teachers or with the school.
Greetings

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
09/09/2016 11:03 a.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

thanks for the information.I am in the same case looking to take school and preparing instruction papers, authorizations, etc.
My daughter TB went to the save and very well, the teacher involved a lot, although I was also in the middle of the morning to do it because I could, for the moment in the school I could go the first month ...
Anyway we will tell ourselves how they are going.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
09/10/2016 9:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.