{'en': 'I am the father of a newly diabetic daughter, I want to contribute and learn!', 'es': 'Soy padre de una hija recién diabética, quiero contribuir y aprender!'} Image

I am the father of a newly diabetic daughter, I want to contribute and learn!

7thkey's profile photo   07/10/2017 8:26 p.m.

Good, I wanted to greet the community and contribute or learn about diabetes.

I am the father of a 2 -year -old daughter debuted with type 1 diabetes a couple of months ago.For us it has been and is quite hard to take the day to day with such a small girl.

Our little girl uses the Dexcom G5 to follow the glucose with alarms that gives us some peace of mind even the nights and inject the insulin in a traditional way.

Greetings to everyone!

7thkey's profile photo
7thkey
07/10/2017 8:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum, you will find help here, we have learned a lot.A hug for your daughter and encouragement
It can be thrown forward.

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
07/10/2017 9:02 p.m.

Focus on the control and stay calm.My daughter started with 5 years and, 23 years later, they have no complication.Within 20 years this will already be another story, and there are better treatments and better control.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2017 1:17 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Everything is very difficult for us very difficult at first, and little by little you get used to it and make normal life.

The Dexcom gives a lot of peace ofRecently, we go chaos.

Trying to put the bomb, for such young children it is ideal because it adjusts the dose more, and is more comfortable to feed and go for a walk with them, because the kids of that age are unpredictable.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/11/2017 9:23 a.m.

Thank you very much for the reception.We do what we can as parents and as nurses of our little one.

7thkey's profile photo
7thkey
07/11/2017 12:52 p.m.

I am Mom of Tomas, recently is with Lantus and fast (Lispro) before each meal, what is happening as parents I spent and I still pass it, maybe a little quieter, just a little.The fundamental thing is to learn, diabetological education to measures that you learn know how to act, you must also assume that nothing is 2+2, everything depends on how your daughter's body receives food, and you will know.In the emotional it is very important to feel accompanied, I found it in this forum, participate, ask, it has us.Everyone unites us, right?While it is very hard in such a small girl, we have to stand up, for them.Above!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
09/03/2017 12:19 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.