{'en': 'Reliability of the I-Port Advance in 2-year-old children', 'es': 'Fiabilidad de los i-Port Advance en niños de 2 años'} Image

Reliability of the I-Port Advance in 2-year-old children

7thkey's profile photo   07/10/2017 8:53 p.m.

Hello good,

We have a 2 -year -old daughter diagnosed 3 months ago and the time we have not had the punctures.

Public health do not want to give us a bomb until a minimum of 6 months do not pass and in the meantime we must prick it in the bracito for the rapid or in the slow leg.

In fact, we only click on one brazite since the other has the sensor occupied and you already know that with this age there is not much arm to distribute the punctures.

The fact is that they have given us a 2 I-Port 6mm of Medtronic to avoid punctures (almost 8 daily, bowling, slow and corrections) but it has not done too well in either of the two that we have put in the lumbar area/gluteo.

Not even 24h have passed and we had to remove it because the injections were not giving results when more than 14 hours passed.It is as if saturated and ceased to take effect, since in the time of the food, having administered insulin, it rose to more than 300 in addition to having administered correction bolus but without past effect an hour and a half.

At 3 hours we had to click another correction bolus this time in the arm and we managed to normalize the situation with the disappointment of the IPORT and have to remove the second time (we also verify that the canula was actually inserted).

To someone else has happened to this, that the first 14 hours work and that after stopping effect?

Do you know an alternative?

We have seen the omnipod which is a very promising insulin bomb but in Spain unfortunately it is not distributed and clinic free day (Madrid) sells it almost double what it costs in other EU countries.

All the best,

7thkey's profile photo
7thkey
07/10/2017 8:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My son uses the I-Port 8 months already and no problem, he endures up to 4 days and the controls are good, now
Well he is 14 years old, he also puts it in the buttock.It is a pity because we are relieving us with a lot of punctures, just thinking about your daughter's age, I put my hair, there is another system that is the insuffion to avoid punctures, but we have not used it.A hug to you and your daughter.

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
07/10/2017 8:59 p.m.

From the Omnipod Forget, I already fought months ago and nothing here does not arrive becauseThe spare parts, so nothing must be die of that of Medtronic, which is not bad, but the cable is a shit.

Well, you will have to spend those 6 months as you can, keep in mind that 6 months are poor, pure complaining you would probably put it before.

Plantaros every three days in the hospital giving the tabarra and they will put it on websExit with the pump on, because calculating the dose to put with drops is to die.

And calm that in the end you adapt, ask what you want, that unfortunately you are not the only ones with such young children.

Another thing if it serves as comfort at the beginning if they cry and complain a lot, but at 3 years they are already accustomed and hurts less, and you, because I almost cried with my son when I click him every three days, it iswhich is very unfair that they develop such a disease being so small.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/11/2017 9:35 a.m.

How right you are in the unfair, I don't know how they still have the treatment is so sad
For children, it is amazing in the 21st century and with the clicks, bufff

FANAFREZZA's profile photo
FANAFREZZA
07/11/2017 12:31 p.m.

I was surprised that Iport does not work, in fact it was the last hope until they give us the bomb.We are going to pay an experiments this week because we have to see if we have to regulate the insulins with the heat that comes to us and we will look at the insuffion to see how it is.

It is a shame about the Omnipod, but that it is not a good insulin bomb, they could reserve it since in many countries of Europe it is distributed happily, even in Italy it is sold and there are very good experiences in forums or videos online.I see that there is too much monopoly by Medtronic in this country.Where we have seen the problem has been to get the Omnipod out of Spain, especially in the US or Switzerland (I mean the PDM) in short that this is a soap opera that the patience is exhausted.

We have seen another brand better than the omnipod since it is integrated with a CGM and also suspends insulin when the trend is low: Link but I think it is not yet sold ...

To give the tabarra in the hospital, believe me that we have done it and say that they cannot advance it (look that they have recommended that we see a psychiatrist), that by law you have to be 6 months even if you are a priority candidate, the argument is thatParents should learn to click on?(Sincerely it seems to me more that parents must learn to live with Chinese torture, as if 480 punctures in 2 months were not enough).

7thkey's profile photo
7thkey
07/11/2017 1:22 p.m.

Meanwhile, you can put the slow on the buttock, which hurts less and goes better, and the rapids in the gut or arm .., insulin settings are almost continuous in children so young and of course, with such low doses, the best treatment is the pump, but it is expensive and restricted.In such young children they should put it from the beginning.(to click you learn as soon as you need ..) Let's see if the insufflon is doing well in the meantime.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2017 1:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is that this cantinela already knows me, that you have to learn to prick, do not fuck me !!You will learn now, but when the young one has a reason ... and an arm in conditions, which with two years have some little ones ... in short, that if the two -year -old diabetics were their daughter, the protocol would passFor the lining.

If you have been waiting for two months for two months, we will be positive, I would prick without more, as it tells you in Regina in the ass and in the leg up TB recently damages, and especially from experience do not hold it as ifBe a bull the needle, because it will get more nervous and tighten muscle and it is worse, distracted it and click her calmly.

Patience that diabetes is for a lifetime and you will find you with fat Pedruscos along the way, you will learn to dodge them and move forward, your girl will grow happy and do when you like it, you will see, you will see.:)>-

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/12/2017 10:06 a.m.

There are several successes of the IPORT, unable to locate the oldest I leave open one in which there is a video.
It is better for everyone to comment on the same thread, but the location of data and use about Iport for users will be very complicated.

We all continue in the next thread, I will close the open threads with the IPORT indicating to all the thread that we will try to use to concentrate the comments.Thank you.

Link

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/05/2018 12:35 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.