{'en': 'Dexcom, doubt about expiration.', 'es': 'DEXCOM, duda sobre caducidad.'} Image

Dexcom, doubt about expiration.

aranzazuleg's profile photo   07/13/2017 10:30 a.m.

Hello, I have a question that has emerged recently, and that has left me a little uneasy.

The Dexcom consists of a reader, a USB or memory that goes to the arm and the sticker where that USB is going.

Well, what does it expire?

The USB expires a year?or is the reader?And if it expires that you have to buy another?

The stickers are never defective?

Pq in the freestyle when something fails is always the patch and they change it without problems, but it gives me the impression that with the dexcom if I will have problems, in fact I think it does not work well and I have already had to call more times than with theAnother system.

When does something of dexcom fail what is?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/13/2017 10:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see .....
The Dexcom consists of 3 parts, a reader a transmitter and a sensor, the set of these three things make up what we call CGM according to their acronym in English continuous glucose monitor.
Any of the 3 parts can fail and when you least expect it, at any time, I have failed all three on different occasions and have been with that system for 2 years.
The USB as you call it is the receiver
The sticker is the sensor is one of the parts that expire 7 days per sensor "There are users who have got more than 21 days with reliable measurements.
The transmitter is two types one the G4 with a battery duration between 6 months to a year there are exceptions of some that have lasted more, just like the sensors.
The other transmitter is the G5 with a duration of 112 days but you can use the mobile without the need to use the receiver, advantage of a smoke less than loading, disadvantage more expensive price and lasting less months.
Even so after all these experiences I prefer you to the freestyle because it carries the peculiarity of the alarms of Hipo and Hiper which is very useful, it is a question of tastes and the pocket of each one.
There is a lot of information in the forum, anything as many we use,
I hope I helped you, greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/13/2017 5:11 p.m.

And when it expires you, they give you another without more?I no longer speak of the sticker that have already told me that they only replenish it if it spoils in the first 7 days I speak of the receiver and the transmitter.

because the free you last the receiver for 3 years, and each sensor 15 days.

It is that if not often business is that of Dexcom.because the initial investment is very strong and if you talk to me from every 6 months to a year you have to reinvest again ...

And how do you know when they expire?

aranzazuleg
07/14/2017 9:37 a.m.

Good morning @"Aranzazuleg".From experience and what I have read it seems that the sensors do not fail.The guarantee is 7 days, but most of us last 20 days.The G4 transmitter has a 6 -month guarantee but can last up to one year.The G5 guarantee 3 months.The receiver (in Spain) has a 2 -year warranty.Once the transmitter or receiver guarantee expires and spoils, you have to buy to replace.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
07/14/2017 11:31 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Jooooeeeer ... and what is the transmitter worth?
I see that these people are not like freestyle that give you reluct replacement, I imagine that these are tougher to peel, on top of the meter is much more expensive ....

aranzazuleg
07/17/2017 9:15 a.m.

We have the Dexcom G5.And we have already made a claim to Novalab because a sensor fails and does not replenish it.Then they have apologized.With how expensive they should improve it.As the competition is far as they take advantage.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
07/17/2017 9:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.