{'en': 'How do Coca-Cola Zero and Coca-Cola Light differ?', 'es': '¿En qué difieren COCA-COLA ZERO y COCA-COLA LIGHT?'} Image

How do Coca-Cola Zero and Coca-Cola Light differ?

fer's profile photo   09/11/2016 8 p.m.

Many issues formulated by the company in food matters have to do with the consumption of Coca-Cola.

Unfortunately, many sugary drinks are drink, despite their great relationship with diseases.

Although there are scientific evidence that relates very low calorie drinks with weight gain and type II diabetes, the truth is that more studies are needed to corroborate such statements.

However, there is a clear relationship between consumption of sugary soft drinks and diseases.Of that, today, there is no doubt.

Coca-Cola Light and Coca-Cola Zero are two classic options and widely used by the majority of society to use meals or, simply, in replacement of water.

Remember that no soda, no matter how low in Kcal, is a better option than water.I recommend the reading of the 'Full' published a few months ago (June 2016) about the relationship that could exist between the consumption of sugary drinks (including sweetened drinks) and metabolic syndrome (type II diabetes and cardiovascular disease).The study, published in The Journal of Nutrition, is called "Frequent Consumption of Sugar

Once promulgated the recommendation not to consume any type of soda, I will explain where the difference between Coca-Cola Zero and Coca-Cola Light resides.

One of the skills of my profession, food science and technology, is the interpretation and research of food ingredients, apart from differentiating the sensory quality of said food.It is, therefore, that this type of differentiation gives me so many curiosity.

Coca-Cola Light was launched in the market in 1982, offering the consumer a tail drink with a taste very similar to the sugary product, and with the particularity of containing only 0'2 kcal per 100 ml of product.

Coca-Cola Zero arrived in Spain in 2006 with a 'boom' that impressed consumers.It was promoted as a sugarless tail (hence the "Zero").However, it seems that people did not know that Coca-Cola Light offered the same product.Identical.Without sugars and 95% of the same ingredients.

As I always say, our nutritional education is so extremely poor, that we do not know how to interpret a nutritional label.Society thought-and many continue to do it-that Coca-Cola Light was a tail with a % lower calorie;However, Coca-Cola Zero was the panacea and provided a completely without calorie tail.

The two provide the same kilocalories = 0'2kcal/100ml!

the difference between both

Many Coca-Cola followers reiterate that Zero and Light do not have the same flavor.It's true.The only difference that resides between the two is that the light carries one more acidulant, specifically the citric acid (E-330), that is, Coca-Cola Light is composed of citric acid+phosphoric acid, while Coca-Cola Zero onlycomposes of phosphoric acidiculating.

Conclusions

- The consumption of soft drinks is not recommended.This article is pure curiosity of a future food technologist.

- The difference between Light and Cola Zero lies in a single ingredient, an additive, an acidulant, the E-330, providing more acidity to the light with respect to the zero.

- Both have almost the same characteristics.The rest, pure marketing.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/11/2016 8 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

This will create a debate which we like most hehehe.The Zero knows me less to saccharin, I take it and I will continue to take it I don't care what it takes.I do not drink in excess but better than water is, and if I leave and I do not drink beer I take Coca Cola Zero;)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2016 8:49 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

On these products the truth that I have a question ... I know they are drinks without hydrates and without sugars ... and that they should not raise blood glucose ... I am a regular consumer of Coca Cola Zero ... and if I notice thatWhen I drink the curve tends to climb .. obviously not as a normal Coca Cola or a sugary soda ... but it is more upwards ... is my paranoia?Does someone happen too?

ranty's profile photo
ranty
09/11/2016 8:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ranty said:
On these products the truth that I have a question ... I know they are drinks without hydrates and without sugars ... and that they should not raise blood glucose ... I am a consumerusual from Coca Cola Zero ... and if I notice that when I drink the curve tends to climb .. obviously not as a normal cola or a sugary soda ... but it is more upwards ... is it my paranoia?Does someone happen too?

I have never noticed the smallest with Coca Cola Zero, don't you take anything else with her?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2016 9:02 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

I have been taking a can of Coca Cola Light for about 20 years and I'm still alive.:)

I instead do not like zero, much less the Pepsi Light, Max and the white marks offered by Cocas Light.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/11/2016 9:13 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Nothing ...@jconogar anyway I speak of a slight change in the freestyle ... not of a hyper or anything similar ... it will be my paranoia ...

ranty's profile photo
ranty
09/11/2016 9:27 p.m.

@ranty is no nonsense that that happens to you, it may be that you have ever taken it having a little insulin resistance, you take bomb or not, and of the chance that you have taken one.You do well to comment so that people are pending to see if it happens to someone.
@sherpa41 what he said for tastes colors hahaha, that if Coca Cola has the rest I don't like anything either.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/11/2016 9:50 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
@sherpa41 what he said for tastes colors hahaha, that if it has to be Coca Cola the rest I don't like anything either.

Ah and also has to have a distant expiration date.

If the date is very close loses sweetness and takes a very unpleasant bitter aftertaste.For example now I only buy coca-light with expiration date of 2017.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/11/2016 10:19 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@Sherpa41 totally agree on everything!The expiration date thought they were my things hahaha

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/11/2016 11:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I usually do not take refresh but when I want to take a Coca Light, I do not love it but I can take it, I can't think the zero because I don't know her.

Hilda's profile photo
Hilda
09/19/2016 7:10 p.m.

ranty said:
On these products the truth that I have a question ... I know they are drinks without hydrates and without sugars ... and that they should not raise blood glucose ... I am a consumerusual from Coca Cola Zero ... and if I notice that when I drink the curve tends to climb .. obviously not as a normal cola or a sugary soda ... but it is more upwards ... is it my paranoia?Does someone happen too?

It is true that if you drink carbonated drinks eating tends to climb, so one of two, or drinks that type of product alone, or when you are eating it.A hug!!

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
09/26/2016 3:59 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Well, I drink Coca Zero, Fanta Zero, Nestea Zero and Aquarius Zero ... at least 3 or 4 a week.
I do not get glycemia and if I leave tapas it is my only option

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/28/2016 11:16 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I like the Zero more, I see her more successful in flavor, also in the bars they usually have Zero.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/13/2017 11:54 a.m.

I already got used to the taste of the light and in general I prefer that, but if there is no, with the Zero I also stay happy.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/13/2017 12:40 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I also like the zero more ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/13/2017 4:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am not very cocacolera so what is in the VAR, if I can choose I prefer Light but because it has an aftertaste that the Aero does not have.
I am more than Fanta but to my misfortune in the bars I have never found Fanta but.
In relation to those who take Fanta Aero, tell you that the orange Aero FantNo, why?Well I ignore it ..
Up there said that Coca Cola Light/Zero goes up, I also have it proven, I have said it more times in the forum and I know that no sugar does but it goes up, I think it is more of the caffeine thatof sugar.
It seems to me that @artories took caffeine to maintain sugar levels to do sports, because it seems that with no caffeine

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/13/2017 5:44 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I love it (and in fact I don't drink anything else ... I think I don't try the water :(, badly, I know) the Pepsi Max ... but between the zero and the light, I like the zero more.
By the way, normal cocacola, I make me cloying but I could not ... as if you put caramel in my mouth

And that is clear, is that they are addictive, and much ... you start and not stop

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/13/2017 6:12 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hi, I'm new in the forum.
There is a study of the UCA (University of Cádiz) in which it says that the Coffee of soft drinks increases insulin production, in theory should not raise blood glucose by bringing caffeine.
I think it may be more for the type of sweetener they use (that if I'm not mistaken, I think it's the aspartamo).There are many sweeteners that, despite being used in "diabetic" products, without added sugars, glymia rises.Specifically, the polyalcohols that in many occasions do not even appear in the indices of the products.
I personally believe that with the Coca-Cola Zero it does not rise to me.Fanta Zero, for example if, because the levels of sugars and HC are not zero, since it has natural sugars present in the orange juice.

I attach a study link in case someone wants to take a look.
Link
All the best!!!!

Lettyle's profile photo
Lettyle
09/15/2017 1:05 p.m.

Diagnostico Abril 2017
TTo: Toujeo 8 U y novo rapid en función de las glucemias postpandriales
HbA1c : 5.3

I do not like soft drinks in general but if I ever take something is Coca Cola Light.But more than anything because there is not much option in the pubs without hydrates apart from water.Also when I take a glass I ask with Light tail for the same, they do not usually have other options without hydrate.I have tried the zero and it seems too sweet.
The truth is that drinking only water and coffee, the sweets are cloying.Even coffee I drink it without saccharin because it knows me badly if it's sweet.

@ranty of the sugar climb I have never noticed it but I have read that the sweeteners "deceive" the body and sometimes believe that you are taking something with sugar.It is only at the hormonal level because if it does not carry glucose the body does not take it out of nothing.But it might make sense that some glucose reserves will be released in the hormonal response.It may also be that caffeine does some rare effect on some people.I don't know, as so many things influence blood glucose can happen.

Here you have an article about sweeteners with a lot of information in case someone is interested:

Link

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
09/15/2017 2:04 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.