My first "climb"

Amélie's profile photo   07/13/2017 10:49 a.m.

It is the first time that I am on vacation after the diagnosis of diabetes.When I worked (I did not stop from 07:30 that I got up until I was used to) my glusosa levels were more appropriate.Lately I think that breakfast left my hands a little (one day I have reached 191), so this morning I decided to change breakfast.I usually took cereals (normal, I can't take them with fiber) with almond milk.Today I had coffee, I roasted some bread and ... the very bad idea: I threw some jam.I am sure that I have not exceeded my 4 and a half portions to which I have the right at breakfast, I weighed the jam I ate ...
After half an hour, I get ready to go to my dog ​​and I decide to spend the freestyle: 182 and with upward arrow.I thought it gave me something: if I had that glucose rate at half an hour, how much would I get up at two hours?Go to the street.I walked as quickly as I could and ... 204 and climbing (nor does it go through my head to use the capillary ... namely the fuck that shows me).I start running.I get home, go up and under the stairs several times.At 10 minutes 164 and going down ... 160, 154, ... 71. Right now it is going down (oblique arrow in 59).The capillary shows me 87. The truth is that I had a very bad time.In half an hour I have the middle morning and the truth, I think I prefer to spend without it ...

Has this happened to me because 100% of the sugars in the jam are simple?

While I ran, I thought that I will have another analytics to see the glisposilada.The last is of February, I think.He had 9 (he had been with treatment for a month and had dropped from 12 to 9).I have read that the ideal is to have it in 7. What levels of Glusosa daily have to have to obtain that result?I have been told that a person without diabetes must be between 70 and 140, but that we are allowed to reach 190 ... (I try not to go from 150).

After the scare I am already calmer, although a dizzy tad.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/13/2017 10:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

amélie said:
is the first time I am on vacation after the diagnosis of diabetes.When I worked (I did not stop from 07:30 that I got up until I was used to) my glusosa levels were more appropriate.Lately I think that breakfast left my hands a little (one day I have reached 191), so this morning I decided to change breakfast.I usually took cereals (normal, I can't take them with fiber) with almond milk.Today I had coffee, I roasted some bread and ... the very bad idea: I threw some jam.I am sure that I have not exceeded my 4 and a half portions to which I have the right at breakfast, I weighed the jam I ate ...
After half an hour, I get ready to go to my dog ​​and I decide to spend the freestyle: 182 and with upward arrow.I thought it gave me something: if I had that glucose rate at half an hour, how much would I get up at two hours?Go to the street.I walked as quickly as I could and ... 204 and climbing (nor does it go through my head to use the capillary ... namely the fuck that shows me).I start running.I get home, go up and under the stairs several times.At 10 minutes 164 and going down ... 160, 154, ... 71. Right now it is going down (oblique arrow in 59).The capillary shows me 87. The truth is that I had a very bad time.In half an hour I have the middle morning and the truth, I think I prefer to spend without it ...

Has this happened to me because 100% of the sugars in the jam are simple?

While I ran, I thought that I will have another analytics to see the glisposilada.The last is of February, I think.He had 9 (he had been with treatment for a month and had dropped from 12 to 9).I have read that the ideal is to have it in 7. What levels of Glusosa daily have to have to obtain that result?I have been told that a person without diabetes must be between 70 and 140, but that we are allowed to reach 190 ... (I try not to go from 150).

After the scare I am already calmer, although a dizzy tad.

At breakfast, the postprandial peak is usually controlled than in the rest of meals, and more with something like bread and jam, which have a (very) high glycemic index.What usually happens to many is that insulin takes to take effect in the early morning, but the food is absorbed quite fast, so it is normal what happened to you: very high initial peak and then very vertical fallof glucose in the third hour of rapid insulin, a classic ... if you had not run or walked your glucose due to the effect of rapid equally, but you would not have reached hypoglycemia, because the bolus was well adjusted with theHydratesMy advice at breakfast is that you put the insulin and wait a little before starting to eat.I expect 20-25 minutes being in target (95-110 mg/dl) from the fact that I shed until the first bite, but be careful, you do not expect so much of first and progressively add minutes, little by little, why thisIt is something individual.Another advice: you can also put some butter to the bread, for example, since by adding fat you will slow down its absorption and you will make much less peak in between, getting a somewhat more "harmonious" glucose curve ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/13/2017 11:05 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I think how JPR, you must try and adjust times, and above all do not overwhelm you.
The first guidelines that gave us in our case was, that insulin would be administered 10 min before meals.We did so until we put the free to my daughter, we were dead when we saw that the breakfast peak came to 300 took what would take and reach lunch well.So we thought it was not a quick problem, we began to increase breakfast time and in a normal situation it needs 55 min and starts breakfast when the trend arrow begins to go down.If high, we have come to wait more than an hour, until it reaches values ​​of around 120 and trend arrow down and if it rises fair we reduce waiting times.And yes, in our case, the waiting times have nothing to do with one meal.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/13/2017 11:39 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Sometimes I have 350 peaks and my glycosilada has always been between 6.1 and 6.7.And almost every day at some point I reach 200. It is normal between type 1.

I think you are a tad obsessed with the "climbs" of glucose.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/13/2017 12:49 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

@"Amélie" I think he has been diagnosed for a short time;It is normal to be somewhat more nervous about these episodes that for us are everyday and we know how to give it a quick solution, @"sherpa41".

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/13/2017 1:04 p.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

@"Amélie" here also has been commented although there are opinions for all tastes that toasted bread rises more glucose than without roasting it and I believe that at least in my case it is so.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
07/13/2017 3:13 p.m.

@"JPR" for now I get just slow at night.I don't know what the famous "honeymoon" can last me "(although after today, I don't think it is much!).Thank you anyway for your advice, I will surely put them into practice when I touch;)

All this information that you provide will be very useful, @"Rociollinares", thanks :)

I didn't know that it could be usual to have those peaks, @"sherpa41".
In general I am a very demanding person with myself.Thanks for your contribution :)

6 months ago I was diagnosed, @"jpr";) until today I have been quite controlled, especially based on walking after meals and if I tell you the truth, I don't know to what extent that is "normal".

Wow, I had no idea of ​​roasted bread, @"sigsauer".Thank you !;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/13/2017 5:19 p.m.

@"Amélie", if you see that after meals you begin to have peaks of more than 180, then it was time to get fast.The honeymoon ends and the slow one is not enough to metabolize hydrates.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/13/2017 6:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

What a downt ...
(I knew that this could not last forever, but I expected that more than 6 months did, I have taken care of myself so much ...).
(It's strange, I think that change will be harder to accept than the diagnosis that it was diabetic).
Thank you, @"Regina";)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/14/2017 10:29 a.m.

Nothing happens, so you can eat everything, including ice cream:)>--

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/14/2017 6:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

sigsauer said:
@"amélie" here it has also been commented although there are opinions for all tastes that toasted bread rises more glucose than without roasting it and I believe that at least in my caseIt is like that.

Since the toasted theme was touched, sigsauer, I wanted to ask you one thing
Will vary according to what type of white bread and its moisture
In the case of the most common white bread, I weighed 50gr and I started dry
And so with many foods to dry noodles
95% vegetables and fruits is water
When making the GR of bread consumed in the day, if I add 200gr, would they equal 20 r?
Or take the roasted weight and be 13 R only?
Apart that your glycemic index should vary if we eat them hot and you should also vary the characteristics of roasted wheat
Thank you

mario69's profile photo
mario69
07/14/2017 7:52 p.m.

Diabetes 2, pero insulinorequiriente, con resistencia a la insulina y pancreas agotado.
HbA1c: dic '16: 12,8; mar '17: 10,9
Fallece mi madre oct '17
Ida a Paraguay feb '18
HbA1c: oct '18: 8,7; ene '19: 6,5; abr '19: 6,2 abr '19: 6,5; jun '19: 7,5; set '19: ???
Detemir 26 7:30 y 20 19:30
Aspartica 4 antes desay y mer y 5 antes alm y cena.
200 a 250gr de HC diarios, 80gr Prot y 80gr Grasa. Segun actividad.
71 años 88kg 1,72.

@Mario69, 20 grams of white bread is a ration, so that 200 g are 10 portions.
The rations are weighed with bread as they sell it.
The vegetables are almost free, and the pasta and legumes, cooked and drained, equivalent to 50g by ration.
The fruit also has hydrates, even if it has a lot of water, because it has fructose.A piece of fruit is usually a ration, although there are two portions.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/15/2017 4:31 a.m.

@"Regina" ha ha, well seen;)
Yesterday they gave me the result of glyc: 5.9%
(I'm already a little calmer, I guess I must be doing things more or less good!).The truth is that it was enormous satisfaction, an award for my (great) daily effort :)
Today I did not have the beak at breakfast because I went to run as soon as I finished.It's curious, I just have it at breakfast.As I read in the forum, I am not the only one that happens to this.I will try what they told me yesterday: put a little butter or cheese, to see what happens.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/15/2017 11:11 a.m.

@"Amélie" congratulations on that hemoglobin!It's great !!

You will be great to add some butter to the bread and try to wait a little since you put the insulin until you start eating and you will go even better, with that you will soften the curve.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/15/2017 11:43 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Thank you @"jpr" :)
(For now I continue in "Honeymoon")

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/15/2017 6:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.