{'en': 'July 4, in class and without auxiliary despite having diabetes', 'es': 'Julio de 4 años, en clase y sin auxiliar a pesar de tener diabetes'} Image

July 4, in class and without auxiliary despite having diabetes

fer's profile photo   09/12/2016 4:48 p.m.

Julio is only four years old and when he was a baby, he was diagnosed with diabetes.From this course he will run out of the Educational Technical Assistant (ATE) that helped him at school, with which he did last year.

In return, a nurse has granted him who, instead of staying with him during the time he is in school, accompanies him for an hour and a half, says the father of the child, Julio Rodríguez.A time that considers "insufficient" and that asks to be extended at seven hours that passes in the center.

At your young age you already have to carry a small bomb that injects insulin every 10 minutes."It's like a small mobile phone of those that we had," Rodríguez recalls."He puts a droplet every time for 24 hours."

To try to solve the problem in class, it has gathered with health and education, which have offered these conditions.However, it is not satisfied.Therefore, he has started a request for the Change.org platform, where he has collected more than 1,800 signatures.

He also acknowledges that they have assigned an ATE to school, but it is not exclusive to their little one, but is shared."If another child has a problem, you have to go help you," Rodríguez laments.

On the other hand, he appreciates that in his school he has "overturned one hundred percent, both the teaching staff and the address", since they did courses to deal with these types of cases.Even so, remember that "the tutor has 23 children" and believes that problems can arise if any urgency occurs.

Among the work that the child's caregivers have to fulfill is to control their sugar levels, and have already taken some scare."Maybe we have found 34 sugar and I was playing, because it can more than anything."They ensure that it is between 80 and 150 milligrams per deciliter of blood."We have also caught him much higher, between 400 or 500," says the father.

The child was diagnosed with this disease at nine months, and with a year and a half he already carried the bomb that provided insulin."It's very hard," says the father in tears.

As for the Department of Health, the Director of Primary Care Nursing, Maria Antònia Font, says that in a meeting with education "we agreed that this child needs a series of hours of ATE and a nurse, but part -time."The justification they give is that "it could be complemented with the surveillance of teachers."

The nurse's task, according to the director, is concentrated in two hours of greater risk, half an hour more than the father says.A time that they consider enough, and does not believe that it is not justified to monitor him for seven hours.He assures that this falls to the teaching staff, who has the training but, according to Rodríguez, cannot be concentrated on a student when there are another 20.

In addition, he emphasizes that "the father approved the plan, but continues to demand more hours of ATE."The problem that Font identifies is that the hours of the auxiliary with him have been reduced.

From the beginning of the course, Health says that he will see "how the child behaves in the educational center until the end of September and then we will give the resources" according to their needs, in reference to the nurse.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/12/2016 4:48 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I perfectly understand that they fight for the well -being of their child, but many other children in Spain are in worse situation, neither a nurse nor anything, teachers and their parents going and coming all day.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
09/12/2016 10:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Jokin I would already like having an ATE all day !! where my daughter does not know how ita is 3 years old and just start the school, I hope the teachers understand what you have to do and collaborate ...
Regarding the nurse, I could have taken a school that was one but it happened as in this case that she is a nurse who goes a while and then goes to another school ... and if the emergency CD is just, there is not ?? That is why IDecant for the closest school (next to) of its health center
And what@fjt says to be aware of the mobile ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
09/13/2016 8:22 a.m.

To me that of the nurse as I have already said, nothing convinces me, because when you need it, go to know where it is, as the children are separated from the older children to what the nurse arrives to look at the glucose to yourThe same son gives him a yuyu.

It is the teacher who has to do that first exam, I know that he should not do it, but since the 4 -year -old boy was not the nurse with him in class, I don't see it useful.

I do not believe that the solution is that, it has to be the closest adult to the minor and it is the teacher, the enefermera is fine if his head opens, but he gives him a low .....

For me to see it is desire to attract attention, that your child see it with a huge problem, and then the discriminations will begin, that they do not take it in excursion, etc. But then the parents of other children who will not want to have the daibeic in theBirthday party, because I will see if you are going to give a yuyo in the birthday and I don't have a nurse at home .....

It is a cumbersome, but not complicated disease, but if we make it see it as tremendous and complicated, we will find more barriers than necessary, because if people are very donkey if we give them the reason ...

Anyway, that each one does what he deems most for their child, I want the greatest possible normality for mine.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
09/13/2016 10:10 a.m.

I think, and I shouldn't think since it is not my case and perhaps then I would change, that the most important thing in a child of that age that the teacher would imply a little, always having a document signed by the parents who exempt him from allResponsibility, I don't know if that role would then be worth something if the parents are crossed.
Even parents to help could facilitate a mobile phone to the child so that the teacher could call and ask, they are two minutes of dedication to the child, while the others paint nothing happens.Teachers send them to paint, color, make chips and watch them, they can also do this without anything in class.
For parents' tranquility it is true that if there is a nurse, not in class but in school in case a severe hypo will happen, they will be calmer.But if a teacher implies a bit and has a phone by hand, and were arranged if necessary to put glucagon everything would be solved.
Even adults happens to us, when I go to long competitions or I realize long training, I explain the glucagon to the classmates.The problem that is so many years since I do not always do it, trust makes me make mistakes.
Is it true that you are not obliged to do so and have to get out of your heart, but you also have to get out of citizens' hearts to help us in what we can, but because this forum exists?Who forces to answer?It is true that it is not the same responsibility there, I would have to know to what extent having a document signed by the parents would be free of any penalty the teacher.
The issue has always created debate, we have opinions of all the senses, and I repeat that I am the last one who should think not to see me in the case, and I debuted with 14 years that I was not so child, so I have not lived it either.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/13/2016 10:46 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am not going to comment on this subject .. I am not a father or I think it will be.But if I am going to make an subsection about the words of @jconegar "it is true that he is not obliged to do it and has to get out of his heart, but he also has to leave the heart of citizens to help us in what we can, but because this forum existswho forces to answer? "In the first place because that help "does not give each other between ourselves look at another as if my diabetes were not the same as yours. There are forums precisely because of that, because the best way to intervene, comment, relieve, etc.... from anonymity, we seek comfort but do not point to me, etc.Forum because I believe that 99'9% is why it is and is because of the information, that is not questionable.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/13/2016 3:23 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

@Luvi I understand and share what you say, in my case I do not do it from anonymity.Moreover, many people from this forum have facilitated mobile and have called me or waseado, and facilitated it without any problem privately to many people.
Each one does what Luvi wants, for example I think I have never opined about what units to put or to insulin to change, I would give me something if I find out that a person has suffered a hiccup or hyper for my comments, so I always advise endoOr educator who understands, I cannot know the life that another person leads or the evolution for what he writes, it is not that he does not want to help, but I am not a doctor and I do not want to harm anyone, call fear or whatever you want but it is so.
I do not think that each person, nor have I thought about it has a different diabetes, but it may be that each one affects us to a greater or lesser extent in diabetes.
It is a personal opinion, particularly if I have received help from people from the forum.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/13/2016 3:46 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I have received help, and they have encouraged me in this forum, if I no longer tell you that I would not be in it, nor would I participate so much, that I look at it every day in case someone needs something.
Nor do I get into the dose of insulin and things like that, it is very personal, because so many concepts should be taken into account ...

I am very happy to be here, hopefully it was not a diabetic and I did not have to be, hehehe ... but well there are very good people who deserve my attention.

A kiss to all !!!:-*:-*:-*:-*

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
09/14/2016 10:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.