{'en': 'Where is it more reliable to place the free freestyle sensor?', 'es': 'Donde es mas fiable colocarse el sensor freestyle libre?'} Image

Where is it more reliable to place the free freestyle sensor?

YaizaJ's profile photo   07/15/2017 9:01 p.m.

Hello.

I am testing free freestyle on the arm and values ​​differ greatly from reality.After meals they give me very high values.It marks me 330 and I have 220 or marks me 190 and I have 140.

I know it is interstitial liquid but I do not save punctures.I am quite skinny and I have little adipose tissue.What are you thin or children where do you work better?

And those who have iPhone know if there is any compatible app.

I have tried the Dexcom and it is the best but it is very expensive.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
07/15/2017 9:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, @"Yaizaj":
The sensor is placed on the arm, on the back, where there is some fat, and you have to follow a series of recommendations that significantly improve readings:
1. Put the sensor when your glucose is stable (especially that you do not have any active fast insulin bol
2. Be still (as much as you can) during the 60 minutes of calibration: sitting or lying, better than better.

Once you have it, the first 24h.You can obtain slightly more different readings, but from there the values ​​you obtain must be very even to those of the capillary (in my case, the measurements do not differ between sensor and never capillary).

You also have to keep in mind that the fact of not obtaining equal results between capillary and sensor may be due to rapid glucose fluctuations not to sensor errors: thus, an 189 with a arrow down can give you 165 in capillary, perfectly.Or a 121 with arrow up can be a 145 in blood.Simply so that you take it into account.And, of course, do not take the value of the capillary as the panacea, since if you make a blood glucose with the same blood twice in a row you will probably give you different results (it has happened to us all).

There are people in this forum that are placed by the sensor in the buttock and gives them very good results, so it can also be a good placement point, although I have not tried it and there can be more other people.

*I have tried Dexcom and I do not seem a better measurement system (if it is because of the alarms that you can configure, but not because of the glucose reading results): in my case most of the time Freestyle and Dexcom marked absolutelyThe same or further approached the freestyle capillary.

There is currently no iPhone compatible app, since the sensor reading is done through NFC.We will see if the thing improves in this aspect, since Apple allows access to developers of your NFC from iOS 11 and iPhone 7/7Plus.

Any questions, ask here and we help you

All the best,

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/16/2017 9:20 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

I attach my latest hair measurements along with the sensor reading, the last of this morning.In my case, although I do not, I could save me practically all the capillaries before meals ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/16/2017 9:28 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Where is it more reliable?Where the manufacturer indicates

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/16/2017 10:24 a.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Thank you .For your answers but 5 days ago I carry it and if I have 270 it marks me 400 if I have 180 marks someone to someone?

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
07/17/2017 3:07 p.m.

Call and change that sensor, it is clearly not reliable

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/17/2017 4:29 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

They have let me try at the Hospital of Sant Pau in Barcelona.I will call to see if they let me try another.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
07/17/2017 4:33 p.m.

Yes, why freestyle sensors cannot yield those differences with respect to the capillary.It is clearly a sensor failure or its placement, but something is not right ... they should change it without problem ... look, I just dinner with 111 in capillary and 109 in the sensor ... Imagine ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/18/2017 1:12 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Hello!!My son lately is placed in the upper part of gluteo and gives results that nail them, like those of @"jpr", as is ...
I do not know if it is because of the placement or because it is more stable when it is placed but it is so.In fact in the arm he no longer wants to place it ....: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
07/18/2017 11:26 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I always put it on the arm because it is what the laboratory recommends but there are many people who put it in other parts and are delighted.Everything is try!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/18/2017 12:02 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Emma" And doesn't anything bother you with clothes?With jeans, for example?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/18/2017 12:31 p.m.

@"Amélie" does not bother him at all, nor does he notice what matters most, apart from the discretion when measuring himself.That if in summer he does not want to know anything about sensors and respect his decision.His friends know that he is diabetic because he does not hide it and before others hides him less and less.The truth is that we are delighted with Free, regardless of their failures, which has them.: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
07/18/2017 12:58 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

My daughter in summer takes them in the buttock and better than in the arm.He is not seen and at all bothers him, as @"enma", @"amélie" has told you and see that my daughter with 15 years has been adjusted jeans ......

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/18/2017 2:12 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thanks @"enma" and @"Rociollinares" :)
I was above all to take the sensor ahead when I took my jeans or have a "strange" bulk in the back ... (ha ha ...).
Well, I'll have to decide from here to Friday!

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/18/2017 3:55 p.m.

@"Yaizaj" and all, according to Abbott, the indicated place is "the sensor can be put on the back of the arm.", But I already tell you that there are several experiences placing it in other parts of the body, I copy you a couple ofLinks that can serve you.

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/19/2017 9:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

In summer, I place it, in the upper gluteo and I am delighted.
Discreet to measure myself and nothing is noticed.

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
07/20/2017 11:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

Hello, I normally put it in the buttock because it is more protected than in the arm (with creams and not wearing sleeves were very well taken off).From what I understand (through a medical visitor) they measure the same, the only thing is that in the gluteus many people take it away by touching with their pants.In summer I almost always wear loose clothes so it is better for me

Vir's profile photo
Vir
08/04/2019 7:33 p.m.

Ok.I will try in the upper part of the buttock to see how such.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
08/05/2019 6:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.