Inscontrol of sugar/glucose

FátimaGV's profile photo   09/14/2016 11:13 a.m.

Hello everyone, I expose my case a bit to see if you can guide me because I don't know what to do ...

I have an 8 -year hemo for years, the fact is that I get a lesson 16 units of slow at 12:00 and 16 at 23:55, quickly according to the hydrates like.

Today, for example, I got up with 123 in aid (06:30), I have gone to work and at 8:30 I had 174 .... I have breakfast a coffee with milk and 20 grams of comprehensive sugar cookie hydrates, meI have put a rapid dose of Novorapid.4 HC + 2 units to regulate the peak.

At the time and fourth to start breakfast Tena 198, and I have regulated with two doses.Before I insulin the now thirty of having finished eating and this I think it should not be done so.

I have been for several days that the peaks of the meals are tremendous, not low from 200, do you think I must climb the slow one and try to lower the fast?

Before I had Lantus but it was impossible to get to dinner with less than 200, after eating I could have around 150 and I arrived at 200, so they changed me to Levemir.

Nurses and endocrine do not tell me absolutely anything, it's incredible, I'm looking at private endocrine or changing hospital do you recommend some from experience?

Thanks for your time !!

All the best,
Fatima

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/14/2016 11:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Where are you @Fátimagv?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/14/2016 3:51 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello!!I am from Parla.:), they take me at the Parla hospital.

I have tried to upload the Levemir Segur comments from other posts to 18 units, I have put it at 12:00 and before eating I had 85 and then 129. I have eaten roasted chicken, with roasted potatoes (4 units) and a glass ofGelatina (1 unit), I have put myself quickly 10 units, much better than yesterday and before yesterday, that flipes the levels they gave me.On Monday I woke up with 320 !!!And the Saturday gave me a bit of 450 !!!That day I'm almost emergency.

I have forgotten to eat that I do sports, two days a week in Zumba and one day hockey online.

All the best,
Fatima

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/14/2016 4:06 p.m.

Welcome to the Fátimagv forum I hope we can help you, for what you say you must be type 1 and athlete, here you will find many people in the same situation, so spirit and ask what you need !!!;)

Regarding that you get up with those high levels, it can be for many reasons, among them, it depends on what Cenes (if it is very fat it usually goes up with more hours and butt), the other issue is if you fall shortWith slow insulin, or do not just compensate well with the rapid, and finally the theme of sport, surely you have a lot of days that you do sports on the days.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/14/2016 5:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello fer!thank you so much.

I am type 1 and I usually do sports, I like it a lot, I also force myself to walk the day that I am not going to gym an hour with my puppy.
It is true that the day I go to the gym or the hockey class varies a lot, because after the exercise I usually raise the sugar, I can end in more than 250.
Should I eat any rapid absorption sugar?
The hydrates I think I count them well at meals, I tell you tomorrow how it has gone with the up of the slow to 18 dose to see if I lift myself decent.

All the best,
Fatima

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/14/2016 5:14 p.m.

@Fátimagv take a look at these issues that can help you in your case, ask in them if you need it.;)

Sport produces uploads !!(Levemir) - Sports and Diabetes ...
Hello, I have recently changed my Lantus and Levemir and everything has done well, except for the sport.I usually go running about 50 minutes to ...
Link
high glucose levels after exercise - questions about the ...
It usually practices this sport for at least an hour and a half or 2 hours.At the end of ... these increases should never be corrected, they are "false" glycemia that ...
Link levels-glucosa-levados-ras-ejercio

sport and diabetes?But wasn't it good?- Questions about the ...
PS: We all know that football is not a continuous sport where you are everything ... Strong sport has those inconveniences, uploaded at the end and lower ...
Link
glycemia after exercise - Diabetes questions • Diabetes ...
I copy you two paragraphs referring to sugar climbs after exercise, which ... "short -term exercises: they are sports such as weightlifting, ...
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/14/2016 5:19 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much for the links, reviewing for the forum you learn many things.

Yesterday I did not do very well, after eating it gave me 129 and without eating in the afternoon I arrived at 7:00 p.m.Not slow, and when I went home I had 156 :(
Cene mushroom sauté, 1 climbing egg, 10 gr of bread in peaks and 1 large apple and put 11 units of fast (8 for the apple, 1 for the bread and 1 of gift for going 156) and after dinner at theTime and fourth were 192. Regulate with two other doses of fast and before dinner it had 120.

I put on the 18th of Levemir at 23:45 and when I woke up I had 188 :( :( what really sadness.
I think the slow insulins never get to me at the end, they consume them before.Can it be that my body does not tolerate them or offer resistance to them?

I'm going to see how it is.

All the best,
Fatima

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/15/2016 8:23 a.m.

Hi @Fátimagv!I think you are doing well, little by little, the important thing is that you are already aware and you are being careful, now you see little by little it will not be to crash.
This fatal that neither your endo nor nurse does not help you.Can't you go to an educator nurse from the same center (or other) who throws you a hand when you need it?Here we have something that they call Dia Hospital where the Diabetes Educators Unit is, and we can call them or go at any time that we need, and the truth is that they are quite helpful.
So you comment if it may be slow, the best way to measure it is with fasting medication in the morning, comparing it with what you had before sleeping.If you get up very high, the most normal thing is that you miss units, but be careful because it could be something else, such as the phenomenon of dawn.
What insulin ratio do you have for the fast?
Let's see if you get another endocrine or the one you have listened to you, or an educator to help you, it would be great!

Cheer up!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/15/2016 10:09 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

fátimagv said:

Cene mushroom sauté, 1 climbing egg, 10 gr of bread on peaks and 1 large apple and put 11 units of fast (8 for the apple, 1 for the bread and 1 of gift for going to 156)
Hi @Fátimagv.Welcome.
There is something that doesn't fit me much ... Maybe your hydrates count is not all the good you think.
10gr of bread on peaks, put it a half ration of HC (surely a little more).
1 apple, unless it is watermelon size, it does not usually reach 2 rations of HC.
I do not understand why you put 8 for 2 rations and only 1 for average.It does not fit.What did you base?

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/15/2016 10:26 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

uhm !!With that of the ratio you have caught me, I do not know what it is .. After breakfast it has given me 266 that really sad, the bad thing is that with these levels I do not know why but I get a tremendous desire to cry and being in theCurro is very difficult.

Before breakfast 256 -> A coffee with milk and 3 cookies Integrals S.A (4 units of HC) I have punctured 6 of more to regulate, that is, a total of 14 units of fast and I finished with 266, I flip it, now II just put another 6 units.

What is the phenomenon of dawn?

Thank you very much to everyone

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/15/2016 10:29 a.m.

Hi Aaandres, since I have been aimed
Apple - Medium Unit (200g) 2 HC and mine weighed almost 400 gr so that it marks it as 4 HC units and then 10 grams of bread frame as 1 HC unit that would be two units of fast, do you look good?

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/15/2016 10:41 a.m.

Look here you have a Rations table of Serafín Murillo I can assure you that it is very good.Use it and for a good control the subject of rations you must carry it well, just as you know how much insulin you should put yourself by ration you take.
There is also the glycemic index that is very important to know to avoid peaks.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/15/2016 11:01 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Hello, thank you very much !!, in that same table is the one that I birth, the apple from which the measure took from there.The glycemic index is 35 and says there are 2 HC units per 200 gr of apple.

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/15/2016 11:20 a.m.

: O ... how strong !!I can't believe it hahaha, the fact is that I also saw it weird !!!How really ...

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/15/2016 11:43 a.m.

The ratio is simply a cool way they have to say how many insulin units correspond to you for each ration of carbohydrates, haha.So if you put 8 insulin units for the block of 4 rations (what a piece of apple, mother), because your ratio will be 2 fast units for each ration of HC right?
Then there is the sensitivity index or something, which is how much each insulin unit lowers you, to know how to correct you, and not to go or be short.
Be careful to get so quickly, that the same one day does nothing that another gives you an aupa hypo.It is rare that if you are carrying the ratio well and the rations give you such high results, but it can be many things.I usually measure myself at 2 hours after eating, because you will look at the hour and a half I still have something high, and at 2 hours I put the insulin and it lowers me a lot, it depends on the place where you put the quick one at each meal too.
Anyway, try to relax and not overwhelm you too much or bitter, they always tell me that, that this is a marathon, not a 100m race.Until the overwhelming, extending, angry, crying, you can upload the sugar, at least it happens to me, and from what I have read it is quite common.
The phenomenon of dawn is something that occurs at dawn, starting at 4 or 6 in the morning I think it was, in that due to the hormones that are segregated and others, in some people, the glucose begins to rise until alreadyIt is day.I leave you a link here of the forum in which they talk about it: Link

And another with a small explanation:
Link

Get the doctors to pay you attention, or a new one, they are the ones who really can help you regulate you, and have more data and your history, we only try to comment!
All the best!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/15/2016 11:48 a.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

I just saw the apple and forgive me, but I think she was seeing it well, haha.If not I am wrong too, in that and in everything.Put: apple, grams in a ration: 100g.That is, 100g apple equals a ration, right?And so with everything, because it is what I use to measure rice, pasta, potatoes ... everything, and it has always done well.Then he says that an apple is usually 200g, and therefore, it is usual for an apple to be 2 rations.
Let's see if that is and I'm not crazy!ha ha.If I am not going to have to change all the values ​​in the summary table that I also did.I leave her here in case it serves something to @Fátimagv:
Link

Unless all clear bad, haha.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/15/2016 12:28 p.m.

Thank you very much to everyone !!Let's see how the subject is going!

FátimaGV's profile photo
FátimaGV
09/15/2016 12:28 p.m.

@Miexron you're right, I forgive I'm doing a thousand things and I didn't realize that I put rations for usual measure, I delete my comment, you're right.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/15/2016 12:31 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jconegar as your saying we all wrong!It's just that I impact myself because as I trust little about me, I thought, let's see if I'm seeing it badly and I don't find out, haha.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/15/2016 1:29 p.m.

@Fátimagv for curling the curl a little more the ratios do not have to be the same at every moment of the day.But when they taught you about the rations, the ratios did not calculate?There is a glycometers house, I do not remember if it was Accouck, who with their device gave talks where they explained how to make those calculations.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/15/2016 2:02 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.