{'en': 'An opera that tells "the story of a child with diabetes"', 'es': 'Una Ópera que narra “la historia de un niño con diabetes”'} Image

An opera that tells "the story of a child with diabetes"

fer's profile photo   07/19/2017 2:55 p.m.

The 31 Castell Festival of Peralada (Girona) will host the new opera of Alberto García-Demestres, 'The Straordinary Vita di Sugar Blood', this Thursday, with Libretto by Cristina Pavarotti, daughter of Tenor Luciano Pavarotti, and García-Demestres, withThe interpretation of Cor Vivaldi.

At a press conference this last Monday, García-Demestres explained that this piece was not aimed at being an opera, but a short cantata, and on its subject, he said: “I am diabetic.I like to touch issues that touch me ”, celebrating that the piece will allow fighting the disease.

The Straordinary Vita Di Sugar Blood tells "the story of any child with diabetes", although special characters appear: a mother singer and a secret agent father, in addition to a grandfather who suffers a stroke, based on which he himselfGarcía-Demestres suffered on his birthday in 2015, reflected with hairs and signs as happened.

The Straordinary Vita di Sugar Blood reviews the life of a girl from 10 to 14 years, first reviewing from 10 to 13 with punctual scenes, and then focuses on the 14 years the day of her birthday: “A very daydifficult in which for the first time the person she wants will tell her not because of the disease. ”

In the second act, shorter, the girl enters a dream in which the pastry maker Jordi Roca, of El Celler de Can Roca, whispers a dessert suitable for diabetics, 'cocco and cocomero', that all attendees can taste:"It's great, beautiful and exciting because it is part of the opera there to eat."

The composer has said that the Straordinary Vita Di Sugar Blood was a complicated work that had to be short and has ended up being about an hour and ten minutes, and in which she has exposed her point of view of this disease: “I don'tI have left anything at home ”, and yet it is a piece with a lot of music and a lot of opera.

“I do it in my works.Remember where I come from, from classical opera.In my works I always put the meat on the grill, ”said García-Demestres, who will be distinguished on Thursday with the Festival's Gold Medal.

For his part, Cristina Pavarotti has pointed out that the protagonist of the Straordinary Vita di Sugar Blood must also deal with the separation of her parents, in what she will persevere because "she is a special, very curious, surprising and living girl", since sheand García-Demestres had the vocation to create a positive character.

On that episode, the composer recalled: “A stroke is another possibility to which we play diabetes.I have had a heart attack too ”, and has pointed out that these patients play the lottery every day, especially those who for many years do not take care of themselves, since they do not notice anything until the situation is very serious.

He has reported that it is very difficult to give up food, and that it is necessaryLove and is rejected, what disagree her and decompenses, leading her to do things she knows.

García-Demestres has also lamented the hardness of his profession, since “it is very difficult to make a living as a composer”, since after 11 operistic premieres he has felt alone, and stressed that brand new in Peralada is a brutal sensation.

"I want to be a channel of emotion," he said about the result of the opera, convinced that each phrase he has written must move the public, since the opera is an instrument of emotion, thanks to the wonderful machine thatIt is the voice.

The director of the festival, Oriol Aguilà, explained that this opera, with the tickets exhausted weeks before its launch, will send this issue to the general public, and has advanced that the mother ofCristina Pavarotti, Customs Veroni, former Tenor, will be at the premiere.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/19/2017 2:55 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Let's see if they will dramatize it too much ..,

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/20/2017 3:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.