{'en': 'Pepid C and the end of the "honeymoon"', 'es': 'Peptido C y el final de la "luna de miel"'} Image

Pepid C and the end of the "honeymoon"

Ruthbia's profile photo   08/28/2016 4:04 p.m.

Hi Ruthbia My Peptide C This 0.72, I suppose it will be type 1, how do you see it?

aldumi's profile photo
aldumi
05/17/2021 7:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Ruthbia, but you have the glycosilada very well.
And you know how to handle insulin, which is what it is about.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/18/2021 6:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

aldumi said:
hello ruthbia my peptide c this 0.72, I suppose it will be type 1, how do you see it?

My C peptide is at 0.6 and I am type 2.
The C peptide indicates the operation of the pancreas, if it is low, then low.
If there are antibodies (which are the ones that attack the pancreas in DM1) it is type1
If there are no antibodies, that is, the pancreas is not being attacked, but is being depleted for other reasons, diabetes is type 2.

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
05/18/2021 10:09 a.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Isabelbota said:
aldumi said:
hello ruthbia my peptide c is 0.72, I suppose it will be type 1, you how do you see it?

My C peptide is at 0.6 and I am type 2.
The C peptide indicates the operation of the pancreas, if it is low, then low.
If there are antibodies (which are the ones that attack the pancreas in DM1) it is type1
If there are no antibodies, that is, the pancreas is not being attacked, but is being depleted for other reasons, diabetes is type 2.

We have already spoken other times that each endocrine thinks differently.In my case my endocrine believes that I can be DM1 for having little pancreatic reserve (0.90) although I have negative antibodies.There is no one to find out.As you well said once, no matter type 1 or type 2, if you don't have reservations ..... In the end insulin is needed.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
05/18/2021 10:23 a.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

It is true that then each endocrine says what he wants.

But in the DM1 the origin of the lack of insulin production is autoimmune, that is, produced by antibodies.With which, according to medical theory, if there are no antibodies it would not be type 1.

Then every endocrine ...

isabelbota
05/18/2021 10:54 a.m.

Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I have a Pepid C in 1.45, I do not know if it is much or little but I was initially diagnosed with 1 for my sudden debut and then with type 2. I do not know if this reservation is enough, I suppose no and why I had such a sharp debut.I am thin and take statins.The point is that peptide C is an index to take into account but it seems not definitive.What is indisputable is that I went from a glycosylated from 5.4 to 14 in a jiffy and nobody explains it to me.It is a rare case of type 2.

JuanSevillano's profile photo
JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 12:31 p.m.

As I told you, negative in antibodies

JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 12:32 p.m.

@Juansevillano
Because in the reference values ​​of the analytics the peptide C must be between 1 and 4. according to that you are within the range ...
I do not know, one of the rare effects of statins is that they can produce type 2 diabetes, it is very rare, but the same has touched you.What food have you taken before?It is that I am a rare case of type2, but I recognize that although I was not overweight, I abused the hydrates, that is my explanation, I have tired of my pancreas ...

isabelbota
05/18/2021 12:43 p.m.

Pepid C is not conclusive, the antibodies either ... It is striking that after so many years since this disease is known and with so many cases it is not yet known.

JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 12:44 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
@juansevillano
Because in the reference values ​​of the analytics the peptide C must be between 1 and 4. according to that you are within the range ...
I do not know, one of the rare effects of statins is that they can produce type 2 diabetes, it is very rare, but the same has touched you.What food have you taken before?It is that I am a rare case of type2, but I recognize that although I had no overweight, I abused the hydrates, that is my explanation, I tired of my pancreas ...

I didn't take care of myself and smoked a lot.He had high cholesterol.I still had no overweight.Before debuting I had three analytics 5.4 twice and 5.7 again.My values ​​were 108 on an empty stomach.I do not know if the statin was triggered.

JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 12:47 p.m.

It weighed 74 kilos and measure 1.77.I have no history of diabetes in my family

JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 12:48 p.m.

I frankly believe that we have a predisposition to suffer from diabetes 2 and jump when the body gets tired or we ededicate with something that stimulates it if you already have a predisposition.

Notice, there are cases of diabetes with the Covid.In the case of medications, doctors try not to say anything for this pharmaceutical

JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 12:52 p.m.

There is a fact that if it caught my attention in recent months before debuting.In my three previous analytics from my beginning of. Medication, triglycerids were growing the same as glucose, and exponentially.In the latter case I went from 120 to 130, then 170 and finally 250. I have already lowered them once the diabetes detected.

JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 12:57 p.m.

Surely the medication influences, food, or anything can be the trigger.
Apart I think that it is not interesting to cure a chronic disease.Diabetics have fed families and families working in the pharmaceutical industry.One more diabetic, one more income for life.
It is not interested in cureing the disease, it is interested in maintaining it.
So to adhere to those who have touched us, it has been said.
There are worse things.

isabelbota
05/18/2021 1:42 p.m.

juansevillano said:
I frankly believe that we have a predisposition to suffer from diabetes 2 and jump when the body gets tired or we ededicate with something that stimulates it if you already have a predisposition.

Notice, there are cases of diabetes with the Covid.In the case of medications, doctors try not to say anything for this pharmaceuticals but for what I have read, type 2 that suffer abrupt debut can be by medication

I am more and safer that the covid diabetes has triggered me.What I have left to know is if the bug has loaded my beta cells and that is why the pancreas stopped working so abruptly and since I don't have the bug, something works for me but it has left me damaged and it has already been diabetic for whyLife or if I am really diabetic always and Covid has made diabetes jump.

smartinez's profile photo
smartinez
05/18/2021 2:19 p.m.

Diabetes LADA desde febrero 2021
Última glico 6,1 el 23/11/23
Toujeo 10 ud

smartinez said:
juansevillano said:
I frankly believe that we have a predisposition to suffer from diabetes 2 and jump when the body gets tired or edeicen with somethingthat stimulates it if you already have a predisposition.

Notice, there are cases of diabetes with the Covid.In the case of medications, doctors try not to say anything for this pharmaceuticals but for what I have read, type 2 that suffer abrupt debut can be by medication

I am more and safer that the covid diabetes has triggered me.What I have left to know is if the bug has loaded my beta cells and that is why the pancreas stopped working so abruptly and since I don't have the bug, something works for me but it has left me damaged and it has already been diabetic for whylife or if I am really diabetic always and Covid has made diabetes jump.

From what I have read there are medications that clearly facilitate the departure of diabetes and it is known years ago, even so, risks are still running because it is understood that more problems they generate than they generate but nobody responds to these decisions.In these cases it is said that there is a predisposition to suffer from it.

In the case of diabetes 2 something similar can happen, a predisposition that Covid has facilitated.

JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 3:53 p.m.

Isabelbota said:
sure that medication influences, food, or anything can be the trigger.
Apart I think that it is not interesting to cure a chronic disease.Diabetics have fed families and families working in the pharmaceutical industry.One more diabetic, one more income for life.
It is not interested in cureing the disease, it is interested in maintaining it.
So to adhere to those who have touched us, it has been said.
There are worse things.

It is indisputable that the business is always in maintaining medication and in that pharmacists are inflexible because they move through the business.

Basic research must be driven by governments to generate new knowledge and this is the one to be promoted.Universities and technological centers are responsible for it and countries to finance it.When this research has application, then commercial interests enter and the pharmaceuticals enter.

Look only in the pasta they take with the strips, pills, and insulin ... and daily !!!!

The responsibility in the case of basic research is from the State and investment, at least in Spain it is ridiculous.

JuanSevillano
05/18/2021 4:01 p.m.

It can be what you comment but that at the moment it is not known for sure.In my case I also suspect a medicine that took Finasteride anticaida that says on the Internet that can trigger diabetes but as the doctor told me that is not demonstrated and if it was demonstrated, it would be removed ... Anyway, whatever it was we have to see.

Colt's profile photo
Colt
05/18/2021 5:43 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde enero 2021.
Insulina Toujeo 10 u dia, Crestor 1 u dia.
A1C: 5,7 % Agosto 2021

Good night as the endroquina told me.That I no longer know if it will be true that when the antibody proofs do you only ask for 4 that are the most aggressive peo in total are 8 others do not ask.Entuces may be that this is why they are negative, they continue to say that it is lada.Some endroquine have told you.

loli23's profile photo
loli23
05/18/2021 10:37 p.m.

The other way around.I have looked at me 2 antibodies and as they have given negative, because nothing, that I am type 2.
If there is more my endocrine should not know ...

isabelbota
05/18/2021 11:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.