{'en': 'The sweetest school is in Chuac', 'es': 'La escuela más dulce está en el Chuac'} Image

The sweetest school is in Chuac

fer's profile photo   07/20/2017 1:02 p.m.

In times of salads and ice cream, and, above all, with the gastronomic parties to the race race yes and the next also, control the diet is done a lot of uphill.The tricks for the summer, such as sharing dishes when it plays bodorrio, skipping dessert or not excluding vegetables by opting, for example, for a light gazpacho (with everything, but without bread) are just some of the remedies so that temptations weigh less.

A good part of these tricks form the central content of a private school."Our intention is to offer an integral approach to the disease, including education," explains the endocrine Alfonso Sothealth issue

Ana Fernández Alonso is the nutritionist-maestra, who is very clear that “it is not about putting a diet, but about trying to change their way of eating, creating healthy lifestyle habits and, thus, they get weight loss and control theirdiabetes".Because all the students of this peculiar classroom, who are between 50 and 60 years old, share kilos and more sugar and many complications for that excess."They always come, they are not missing, and that many are from afar," he emphasizes.

At the moment, they have been integrated into these bearers and sauteed forty classes for a course that will last six months, with one more year of maintenance."Our intention is to reach more than one hundred patients," says the teacher, whose teachings are quite practical."I give you recipes to make them easier," he points out of a agenda that includes, in addition to clear notions about the consequences of diabetes, the keys to nutritional labeling to learn to flee from the least healthy, how to make the purchase, tricksFor Christmas or eating out of home without passing, and, also, the importance of moving and exercising.

Each class includes weighing and fat measurement."They are going down," Ana Fernández says with satisfaction: up to 12 kilos has lost some of the outstanding students.

"Miña Cara XA must look like a Horta, only as vegetables"

The classes of the Diabetes School of the Coruña Hospital have no other claim to facilitate the sick to achieve the objective of controlling their illness, through food care.Hence they are spaced over time and, in addition, they are taught in reduced groups of five or six patients.Among them, Héctor Ángel, who recognizes that "if we did what she tells us (for the nutritionist), we were sure to be better."He has already suffered a heart attack and has 120 kilos in his body of 1.65 high."I got to weigh 140 when I worked, but I preferred, because I was better," says a man who confesses his weakness for "eating and drinking."In order not to miss class at the Chuac school, 60 kilometers ago, because it lives in the municipality of Teixeiro.

From a little closer, Arteixo, is Rogelio López, that the class morning rose with 240 glucose, although "HouBo days that Cheguei at 530," he says."Some chilo continues," says this cardiopath - an angina and three stents has been in the chest - 75 years.The sugar began to give problems a decadeAnd it puts examples: «Eu before collía by exemployment unha caixa de cereixas, and alla ía;Agora Conformome Cun handful ».

"Grasiña like Maito," says Pilar Búa, his wife, who accompanies him to the nutrition session in the Chuac "because Sempre learning cousas, some of a prescribed, a trick ...".Despite the achaques, Rogelio does not lose his humor: "Na nosa house, except Cadella we are all diabetic," he says not without grace about the disparate impact of the disease in his family: "Eu Paso Fame;Ela (for her lady) eats.Look they are not, to my face XA mustLook like a Horta, only as vegetables.

fer's profile photo
fer
07/20/2017 1:02 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

A fantastic initiative !!

pco's profile photo
pco
07/23/2017 3:54 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.