Gestational diabetes.Rapid insulin has no effect.

Yerosai's profile photo   07/22/2017 6:33 p.m.

Hello good morning.I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes in the first trimester of pregnancy and started the control program with diet at the beginning of the second quarter.
To say that they put me a diet of 1800 kcalories where they not only control the intake of hydrates, but also of protein, and in reality it was not at all personalized, because they never asked me the activity that I developed or have tried to adapt it according to my schedulesand needs.

My BMI was 30 and weighed 75 kg at the beginning of pregnancy.The first weeks were horrible, I was really exhausted but I have not skipped the diet and I have followed it to Rajataba and I have currently lost about 6 kilos and I am almost in week 28 (7 months).

From the beginning my controls are higher in the morning than the rest of the day, and as muchI am insulin only for those morning peaks.

The main problem that I see is that the machine gives me sugar controls with differences of up to 50 points up or down (using the same puncture and several strips), but no matter how much I have complained and taught them the controls also say thatI have to trust the first strip, or at most signal the result of two strips if it is different and not give so many laps to the subject because the machines are not entirely reliable and are only an indicative (although they comment that the variation is 10 pointsUp and down, but I have evidence that it is much more).

Yesterday I started with 3 units of Humalog Kwikpen but the control at the time (in gestational diabetes the controls make them do at the time and not at two hours) was high, (151 first strip and 192 second strip of the same puncture) evenabove the previous days.A little later I got control again and I had dropped to 81. I called the phone of the infermeras and they told me that today I would climb me to 5 units, and that depending on the result I put 7 units tomorrow.The issue is that today the control has left high (194 first strip and 196 second strip) and at the time I have done another and I was 78. Today even the return I have taken after breakfast has been longer than that of theFirst day, but the control at the time was still very high, so I don't understand what is happening.

For now the basal has told me that it will not be necessary because the rest of the controls are good and I also get up well.

Can anyone tell me what is happening and why the insulin does not effect for those peaks?

Thank you.

Yerosai's profile photo
Yerosai
07/22/2017 6:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I guess the ball works well.You can play with slower hydrates, nuts, cheese, oatmeal, yogourt ... I don't know why they put you rigid diet.
Fruit juices are very fast.
Anyway, these specific peaks are very normal at breakfast, and glycosilada will be good
.Do not worry, that everything goes very well and you already have very little.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2017 1:58 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I suppose the ball works well.You can play with slower hydrates, nuts, cheese, oatmeal, yogourt ... I don't know why they put you rigid diet.
Fruit juices are very fast.
Anyway, these specific peaks are very normal at breakfast, and glycosilada will be good
.Not worry, that everything goes very well and you already have little left.

Thank you very much, tomorrow I will call the nurses because today it has also stopped me with the 7 units that told me to try if the 5 failed and they told me not to go up there.The fact is that I have to control the peaks at the time, they do not care how much it is at the hour and a half, and I believe that what happens is that the humalog takes longer to take effect of the usual and that is why I continue with thosepeaks at the time.

I can't help about the diet what they put on, they already put a lotThey gave peaks as insulin.

My diet for portions is this:

Breakfast: 1 Dairy, 2 Farinaceos
Lunch: 1.5 fruits
Food: 5 Farinaceans, 1 fruits, 1 vegetables, 80g meat/ 125g protein fish
Snack: 1/2 dairy, 1 farinaceans
Dinner: 3 Farinaceans, 1.5 fruits, 1 vegetables, 80g meat/ 125g protein fish
Resopon: 1 dairy + 1 pharinaceos

The controls have to go below these figures:

90 or less fasting
95 or less before eating and dinner
140 or less when having breakfast, eaten and dinner.

For that, they also make me walk at least 15 minutes after each of these intakes.

Yerosai's profile photo
Yerosai
07/23/2017 12:07 p.m.

You are feeding very well, nothing happens because you will take a ration of oatmeal at breakfast, instead of two ...
Well then me ... that he vomited how little he ate, and my daughter was born with 3; 500 ..
Let's see if they are asking you impossible, so rigidity.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2017 12:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

To avoid blood glucose peaks, put insulin 15 minutes before the first bite.Try to be as accurate as possible in the count of that time.
To avoid the big differences in the glycemia of the same puncture, try to wash your hands before and do not take more than 30 seconds between the two analyzes.

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
07/23/2017 12:48 p.m.

Thank you so much.

Comment that I had the first scare, I have planted 61 before eating and I had to pull a juice to climb because I was wrong, so insulin takes effect but late ...

I will tell you about injected 15 minutes before but it is clear that the 7 units is a lot.I hope they pay attention to me and lower the dose to 5 or 3 again but advancing the puncture as you tell me.

Now the control of the time after eating has left me at 151/147 ... much higher than usual after eating for me, which is usually over 120, but I imagine that it is because the juice carries enough sugar and does notHe had taken absolutely no concentrated sugar for months.The baby has begun to move immediately with the juice, which has reassured me a lot, I was scared.

Yerosai's profile photo
Yerosai
07/23/2017 3:58 p.m.

They finally took the insulin;In my case I did not help me since I only managed to provoke hypoglycemia hours after supplying it but did not fix the high control after breakfast.
I talked to the nurses and finally we opted for the simplest option: distribute the 40g of breakfast hydrates between breakfast and lunch, what is working.

Sometimes the simplest things are the ones that work best, I had already tried to reach this agreement before insulin, but until they have seen that up to 3 units are too much for me they have not considered modifying the diet ...

Greetings and thank you very much.

Yerosai's profile photo
Yerosai
07/31/2017 11:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.