Do you click Diabetics in pleasure?

kapi2454's profile photo   08/31/2016 7:55 p.m.

Very good people.
Reading a post in another forum.I found news that caught my attention.
They seem to train dogs to detect low sugar level in children with diabetes and they warn their parents to avoid hypoglycemia.
In this case the dog detects that its owner of 4 years under glycemia while she in school 8 km away.Taking sideways whether or not it was this.

Is there a way to measure these air levels?How does the dog know their sugar levels?Detect some hormones in the air?Sweat different from your master?
If these dogs really exist, there is undoubtedly an external change in the person, why are they pricking millions of diabetics in the world to take a blood sample if there is a way of doing it aerially?

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
08/31/2016 7:55 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@kapi2454 The olfactory sense of a dog with respect to a human being is 100,000 times more powerful and half of the dog's brain is developed for the sense of smell.I do not believe that there is another explanation unless they manufacture a gadget or meter with the canine olfactory system that detects hypoglycemia.

I forgot that dogs are only trained to detect hypoglycemia by a special smell, they still do not know how to detect hyperglycemia so that at the moment you have to continue clicking.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
08/31/2016 8:01 p.m.

Well, this dogs do not work very well.In a drop without being hiccup they can also bark, it is more not to shut up until they stop smelling that supposed hypo that is not always, what gives me sorry because they take the dog to continue sleeping as normal general.
There was a TV program where the clear example was seen, it was the girl with her dog, soon she began to bark and her owner said that she had a hypo, the dog did not shut up, an analysis was done and she had 115, there the proof that it is not to trust this system demonstrated above all the public.
In part, the girl who was so happy with her dog was sorry, but this is so.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/31/2016 8:42 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I looked for information about these dogs and found a couple of companies.One was in Zaragoza.It was a paston ... It was like a dog rental.There is an entry I think they were € 1,800 and then 2 payments of € 350 each per year.Today with continuous glucose monitors that are so exact, I don't see the usefulness.Unless it is to have a pet at home.

Link

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/31/2016 9:53 p.m.

Good, I live with an assistance dog for 3 months and I disagree in some things, dogs are trained to detect hypos and hyper, basically detect sudden variations in blood glucose, of course they are not perfect, as well as the continuous meters are notThey are not machines and are not comparable to these, in the end it is a pet that gives you more help in a day to day and I can say because I am living that sometimes their precision and persistence surpasses a continuous meter like free,although as I said before they are not comparable.
In the case you name with a notice in 115 it opened that seeing how that figure evolved in the following 15-20 minutes, possibly towards a hypo, the interstitial measurement carries a delay, the dog does not.

All the best.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
09/01/2016 6:20 a.m.

fjf said:
good, he has lived with an assistance dog for 3 months and disagreed in some things, dogs are trained to detect hypos and hyper, basically detect sudden variations in blood glucose, fromThen they are not as well as continuous meters, they are not machines and are not comparable to these, in the end it is a pet that gives you more help in day to day and I can say because I am living it that sometimes sometimesIts precision and persistence surpasses a continuous meter like free, although as I have said before they are not comparable.
In the case you name with a notice in 115 it opened that seeing how that figure evolved in the following 15-20 minutes, possibly towards a hypo, the interstitial measurement carries a delay, the dog does not.

All the best.

Well, I get lost, I'm not going to deceive you.I know what came out on TV and what the commentators of the program that were there told me, I know two of them.I have asked them about what you tell me and according to them when the girl arrived in the study for a while before an analytical one was made and asked and said it was fine, but this is already not direct information.

As I had told me those who sell and train these animals is that the dog detects is a different breath when reaching certain low levels, not the sudden changes, that is what they told me when I called to inform me of them.
I do not use the free by not carrying alarms so I cannot talk much, it may have tried one but one cannot be objective.

Another thing that I would like that you have one to tell me whether or not it is true, because first -hand information is the best, it is true that the dog until it goes from barking until it stops smelling that breath?And you have to separate it from you until it passes but do you want to bark?
Thank you so much.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/01/2016 4:21 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Good, I think that the video you mean, if it is the same I know the girl in the video, she has one of the first dogs trained in Spain and is directly involved in the training of others, I also do not know the circumstances in which thePrara Marco at that time, so he said of watching the minutes after marking, a well -trained dog should mark before the hiccup or hyper but in nearby values, and I assure you that his dog is a well -trained dog.

As for what smell there is a recent study that said the name of the substance but I do not remember it, but the study itself was quite lazy, but it is not only in breath, but also in sweat especially hands and feet.

As for what you ask me, it is not necessary to remove the dog from the middle, once the mark is checked and rewarded, although it is true that before a strong descent/rise they are usually quite heavy.

But I say it again, they are not machines are animals and as such they have their needs and require their attention and daily work, in return they help you be more attentive in day to day and give you their unconditional love, ours is even infull training process and giving very satisfactory results.

And finally, I think there must be few more skeptical people than me in many ways, in this one, I am one of those who do not see it I do not believe it, I even declared openly atheist, but I am seeing this and living.

All the best.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
09/01/2016 5:49 p.m.

By the way I do not understand the title of the post ...

fjf's profile photo
fjf
09/01/2016 6:18 p.m.

fjf said:
by the way I do not understand the title of the post ...

Yes, I entered looking for a prick who liked you instead of pain and I find people talking about Chuchos.:(

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/01/2016 6:24 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The title is precisely because of the news.If the dog can detect a bass.It means that externally something changes in the person and if so.I wanted to know if someone knew what changes, or if there was any study.Because you could verify and use to measure an externally a diabetic without having the need to prick them.

kapi2454's profile photo
kapi2454
09/01/2016 9 p.m.

fjf said:
goodThe training of others, neither do I know the circumstances in which the frame frame at that time, so I said to monitor the minutes after the marking, a well -trained dog should mark before the hiccups or hyper but in nearby values ​​but in nearby values, and I assure you that its dog is a well -trained dog.

As for what smell there is a recent study that said the name of the substance but I do not remember it, but the study itself was quite lazy, but it is not only in breath, but also in sweat especially hands and feet.

As for what you ask me, it is not necessary to remove the dog from the middle, once the mark is checked and rewarded, although it is true that before a strong descent/rise they are usually quite heavy.

But I say it again, they are not machines are animals and as such they have their needs and require their attention and daily work, in return they help you be more attentive in day to day and give you their unconditional love, ours is even infull training process and giving very satisfactory results.

And finally, I think there must be few more skeptical people than me in many ways, in this one, I am one of those who do not see it I do not believe it, I even declared openly atheist, but I am seeing this and living.

All the best.

I thank you for those explanations a lot, I did not know them.I love dogs and I don't have one because I am very sorry to make trips the impediments that everyone puts with them and it would be very sad to leave them in a dog or alone hotel.My brother -in -law has left me when he goes on a trip and he appreciates me so much that he sleeps by my side by caressing him, it is a sun, he takes care of me a lot.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/01/2016 9:17 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

kapi2454 said:
The title is precisely because of the news.If the dog can detect a bass.It means that externally something changes in the person and if so.I wanted to know if someone knew what changes, or if there was any study.Because you could verify and use to measure an externally a diabetic without having the need to prick them.

I have found where they name the last study, the substance they detect is the isoprene, I personally believe that it must be more than one substance;

Link

P.S.I still don't understand the title of the post ...

fjf's profile photo
fjf
09/01/2016 9:52 p.m.

Good I have a dog trained for hypoglycemia. It is the dog k came out in 4th millennium, it is called Kas.Avis of them after being trained for 6-7Meses with my hypos.NOTICE WHEN YOU ARE IN HER OR HAPPENS TO YOU ACCORDING TO SUGAR.It is effective and if sometimes it fails like the device.
I am happy with her and I do very well. I have trained her for the day.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/01/2016 11:43 p.m.

@Gindillo you trained it or was trained by any of the companies that sell these dogs?
If you trained it;Can anyone without previous knowledge in this matter do it?Let's go a diabetic any train your dog.If so, you can give us a Diada of what the same would be.
Thanks

albertot's profile photo
albertot
09/02/2016 7:31 a.m.

I have been crazy reading this of the dogs alert.The truth is that it is a good idea, it would be interesting to know if there is a possibility of training it on your own as @albertoot says, or simply that you adopt one and touch you China and it turns out to be that it has the blessed gift of detecting it because yes.Or because I love you very much, I don't know :))

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/02/2016 1:35 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

The hypos of the night, as if nothing, because the dog is going to sleep the same as you :))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2016 4:37 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Seriously, the dogs is that it is traca.Since when are they going to be more reliable than a meter?Clicking is not an option!I know that for many parents it may sound ideal to have a dog detector, but let's be realistic, this is a utopia.I do not say that an animal cannot perceive when you are wrong, that they do, but from there to spend 3000 euros in a dog to be a detector, a lot of scientific evidence I need to see behind this, not just a sensationalist holder

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
02/19/2017 1:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.