{'en': 'Doubt regarding genetic test and diabetes type - family diabetes?', 'es': 'Duda con respecto a test genético y tipo diabetes - Diabetes Familiar?'} Image

Doubt regarding genetic test and diabetes type - family diabetes?

losttotheriver's profile photo   07/25/2017 9:45 a.m.

Hello, everyone,

Let's see if someone can get me out of doubt, a couple of months ago I was admitted 5 days in the hospital by ketoacidosis, and that was my debut with diabetes, about 420 of blood sugar and some almost 700 cholesterol (not too much forA debut told me, as for sugar not cholesterol) ...

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and since then I am clicking insulin.

Slow insulin between about 14-16 units per day, and the rap, almost no meat (one or two days a week), they have done a genetic test because I am almost 40 years old and such a late type diabetes is very rare in a person of my age.

As my father is type 2 diabetic, my aunt was type 2 diabetic and I have a type 1 nephew, the endocrine told me that it could be family diabetic (I have not read that denomination anywhere) and that it could happen the same to the pills sinceI punish me very little fast insulin ... My relationship now in summer is 3R HC = 1 bolus, in winter or when it is not summer it is 2R HC = 1 bolus- and as very few refined hydrates that I have proven that it is not the same breadof spelled that the HC is not worth the Mercadona.

Is this possible?have family diabetes? If so, do they give me insulin?If insulin is doing well ... why change?

I mean diabetes 2 pills what exactly do they ???Do they carry more chemical?

I do not know, the insulin even if it is synthetic, I see it more natural ... if it were "family" or lad diabetes or whatever this version is called, so that they take me out of doubts.

Thank you so much!

losttotheriver's profile photo
losttotheriver
07/25/2017 9:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It should be noted that I have less insulin now because it is very hot (I live in Valencia) and blood glucose lowers me, just like my diet now in summer because it has less hydrate, more salad, less stews, fresh things!

losttotheriver
07/25/2017 9:59 a.m.

Well, I didn't know that there is already genetic test to know the type of diabetes
I imagine that, if insulin is good for you, they will let you choose you.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/25/2017 4:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Me neither.And the variety?Family diabetes?

losttotheriver
07/25/2017 4:59 p.m.

I've been diagnosed for 7 months, I can't inform you much ...
I think that the lada (also called 1.5) is a type of diabetes halfway between 1 and 2. The few people I know with the lada have ended up evolving towards 1.
They gave me the positive antibodies, with which, I am type 1 (this means that it is my own body the "is loaded" the cells that manufacture insulin).
I believe that sometimes they decide to change insulin to pills because they observe that, according to what cases, the pill is enough.If this is your case, I think you should be happy;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/26/2017 12:48 p.m.

I will wait for the genetic test.At the moment I have been diagnosed with type 1. I've been since March with insulin.I entered with ketoacidosis and dyslipipemia with a glyd of 9.7, with diet + insulin + effort + sport I am already in 6.3.(I am thin and I fed well) but my endocrine is strange because I am 38 years old ... and it is more common in adolescents and children.
But I don't think I remember the antibody test.I will request it on my next visit.I am surprised that they diagnose without having everything on the table ... come on a bit.Give a treatment that you don't need the same.

losttotheriver
07/26/2017 5:30 p.m.

To diagnose Diabetes 1, you need to test anti-feptid antibodies, anti-ga, anti-censulin and two more more that I do not remember their names.
Type 1 diabetes is not hereditary.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/26/2017 6:26 p.m.

Well, they are making me a mess.And my appointment with the endocrine is not until November.Like the advance (the appointment) I have been with insulin for 5 months.Basal (Tougeo) and fast (Apidra).In the medical report I have been put by type 1. and I have not performed those tests (I think) but I have asked me for genetic test.What a mess I have.:-) Is it normal?

losttotheriver
07/26/2017 6:51 p.m.

I believe that because of the experience they have, where things point to ...
From the first day I got basal because I had to go down that 12 that had a glyc (!!!).
(The truth is that at that time I didn't know what that 12 and the truth meant, almost better ... !!!).
As you have done, I have also cared for a lot.Now I am with 5.9 from Glico.
Leaving yourself remind me a lot of myself;).I also ask myself everything ... why have this decision made and not another, what would happen if ... etc etc :))
The most important thing is that, so you have, you have improved a lot.Congratulations;)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/26/2017 8:10 p.m.

Sometimes I think they have been confused and that I am not a diabetic ... Ja ha ja but if I don't tell well hydrates and I put less bowling give me some peaks to scare themselves!:-)

losttotheriver
07/26/2017 9:27 p.m.

:)) One day something similar happened to my mind ...
I know cases in which diabetes has sent after 3 or 4 years (they are the parents of two friends) and at first he told me that perhaps I would have the same fate.Now I have very assumed that it will not be so.
Today I keep the message published by Diabetes.co.uk on its Facebook wall (I attach it).
Have a good day!:)

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/27/2017 10:49 a.m.

amélie said:
:)) A day I also went through my head something similar ...
I know cases in which diabetes has sent after 3 or 4 years (they are the parents of two friends) and at first he told me that perhaps I would have the same fate.Now I have very assumed that it will not be so.
Today I keep the message published by Diabetes.co.uk on its Facebook wall (I attach it).
Have a good day!:)

What have you sent?type1?I know cases but type 2

losttotheriver
07/27/2017 12:02 p.m.

Type 1 diabetes cannot send any of the ways @"lostotheriver" @"amélie"

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/27/2017 2:14 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I already said.:-) And the.

losttotheriver
07/27/2017 3:03 p.m.

Yes, yes, I referred to type 2.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/27/2017 5:29 p.m.

Type 1 diabetes is not hereditary but it has an important genetic component.We share the gene related to the predisposition to suffer.
According to the American Diabetes Association:
"Unlike some hereditary features, diabetes is not inherited in a simple pattern. However, it is clear that some people are more likely to have diabetes than others.

What produces diabetes?

Type 1 and type 2 diabetes have different causes.However, two factors are important in both.A predisposition to the disease is inherited and then there is a triggering element in the environment.
Type 1 diabetes: the risk for your child

In general, if he is a man with type 1 diabetes, the chances of his child to have diabetes are 1 of 17.

If she is a woman with type 1 diabetes and gave birth before 25 years, the risk of her son is 1 of 25;If he had it after 25, the risk of his son is 1 of 100.

The risk of your child increases double if you gave diabetes before the age of 11.If both you and your partner have type 1 diabetes, the risk is between 1 of 10 and 1 of 4.

Researchers are learning to predict the chances that a person will give diabetes.For example, most white people with type 1 diabetes have HLA-DR3 or HLA-DR4 genes.If you and your child are white and share these genes, your child's risk is higher.(Except for suspicious genes in other ethnic groups has been studied. The HLA-DR7 gene can increase the risk of African Americans, and the HLA-DR9 gene can increase the risk of the Japanese).

beti's profile photo
beti
07/28/2017 10:02 a.m.

Thank you.

losttotheriver
07/28/2017 10:23 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.