People with diabetes are more risk of death in some types of cancer

fer's profile photo   09/01/2016 4:12 p.m.

An investigation of scientists from the Hospital del Mar proves that patients with diabetes are twice as a risk of death or colon cancers than the rest of the population.

A study coordinated by researchers at the Hospital of the Sea of ​​Medical Research (IMIM), in which 12 Spanish groups have participated, has concluded that diabetes mellitus increases the risk of death from cancer, as reported by the IMIM in a statement.

The results of the study, which have been published in the Diabetes Care magazine, show that diabetics have the triple of risk of death due to liver diseases, renal and ischemic heart disease;while the risk is double when it comes to ichthus and liver and colon-colon cancers.

"Diabetes mellitus is a worldwide public health and health that affects 382 million people worldwide and prevention policies should be established," said María Grau, from the Hospital del Mar.

To conduct the research, data from 56,000 patients without previous cardiovascular disease were analyzed, from 35 to 79 years, of which 8,900 were diabetics.

Grau has insisted that the results need to look for strategies that allow a decrease in mortality in the diabetic population, such as activities to promote a healthy diet, physical activity and disease screening.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/01/2016 4:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I love this news, as we always have more lottery tenths than anyone.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/01/2016 9:14 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Look at the good side, smokers carry more numbers and keep playing.Hahaha I hope you don't smoke ;-)

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
09/01/2016 10:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I think I read that obesity influenced the risks, and type 2 associated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/02/2016 2:59 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good that they have discovered it, then we better stop being diabetic.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/02/2016 3:11 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

It is fine to know, so we can do twice as much as a liver and colon controls than a normal healthy person ... right?;)

And the perverse question before you throw the jugular ... how much is double of 0?=)

fer's profile photo
fer
09/02/2016 12:33 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

fer said:
is fine to know, so we can do twice as much as a liver and colon controls that a normal healthy person ... right?;)

And the perverse question before you throw the jugular ... how much is double of 0?=)

Hahaha if they are thinking about spending more money on us, I prefer not to say what I am thinking about it

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/02/2016 1:02 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well then I do not tell you anything that you look for studies that relate long -term pancreatic cancer and diabetes.
Pancreatic cancer is one of the most fulminant, the second that causes the most deaths in Spain after lung seems to me.

And as our immune system is a m ***** we also have more ballots for other autoimmune diseases, and there are very fucking (multiple sclerosis by ex.)

Live every day as if it were the last and give the fear of complications of diabetes or other diseases.You have to take care of yourself but not live with fear.
Of course they take off the dance.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/05/2016 1:37 a.m.

God and the lottery will not touch us?Jaaaa> :)> :)> :)

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/23/2016 11:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Let's not talk about the autoimmune system that mine has all the prizes for the moment, diabetes, thyroid and recently multiple sclerosis ... I hope that next year nothing else appears: -Sss although good, I make a hole to the money of the money of the moneyTo be able to enjoy the moment: P and continue paying the Dexcom Jiji

valky's profile photo
valky
11/24/2016 12:12 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

If it always touches us something !!:)) :))

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
11/24/2016 1:09 a.m.

What good news of good morning.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
11/24/2016 9:21 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.