Compatible smartphone

Raulgc's profile photo   07/25/2017 11:15 a.m.

Hello good.
I am coming to look for the forum and online and I find nothing about it.
The issue is that I have to change your mobile and I am currently using the free.In September I have an appointment with the endocrine and told me to think about the insulin bomb, which I am about to request it.The dilemma is what mobile buy, because Android works with the free and I do not know if the pumps can connect Via Bluetooth with Android.The same thing happens to me with iPhone, I know you can connect with some pumps but not with the free.
Does anyone know what android phones can be connected with insulin pumps?
I don't know if there is any listing with compatible phones.As I understand with the iPhone 7 and the next update to iOS 11 it seems that the free will be able to use.
Thank you.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
07/25/2017 11:15 a.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Debut en 2002 con 23 años.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

The mobile has little to do is more the APP software and the different Android and iOS operating systems, if Bluetooth life is synchronized, the operating system will give the same, only the mobile will have to have bluetooth connectivity, now if that synchronization comesAssociated with an application for data processing, that's something else.If the developer has made it is an application of use in both Android and iOS.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
07/25/2017 2 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

If you are a freestyle user you have to use any of the apps available to read the sensor data in Android operating system, although be careful, not everyone operates (but the vast majority, yes).There are some methods to read the freestyle with iPhone such as Glucoangel or Blucon (I think it is called that), and that transmit the data, via Bluetooth, to the device.I, currently, read the freestyle with the FreeLink application and a Samsung phone and works at a thousand wonders.Of the pump theme, no idea ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/25/2017 4:07 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

jpr said:
If you are a freestyle user you have to use any of the apps available to read the sensor data in the Android operating system, although be careful, since not everyone works (but the vast majority, Yeah).There are some methods to read the freestyle with iPhone such as Glucoangel or Blucon (I think it is called that), and that transmit the data, via Bluetooth, to the device.I, currently, read the freestyle with the FreeLink application and a Samsung phone and works at a thousand wonders.Of the pump theme, no idea ...

So far I am using the free with a huawei, but he is dying.From what I have read there, IOS has more medical applications and more compatibility with insulin pumps and continuous meters, so I will try to buy an iPhone, even if I have to carry the Free reader on top.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
07/25/2017 4:15 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

IOS is phenomenal with Dexcom, since it has compatibility with the health application.It may also be that now Apple has decided to open the NFC chip of the iPhone 7 onwards to developers from iOS 11 we have in the near future some iPhone app that is able to read the free freestyle.I would do a favor, since my Samsung phone is that of work, but my personal phone is an iPhone, so, being on vacation or being weekend, I use the iPhone and Freestyle's reader, byThat I do not feel like carrying, in addition to those two devices, the Samsung of the work and loaded all day with the 3 things ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/25/2017 6:26 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

You don't say bomb they plan to put @raulgc
In the case of a Medtronic 640g I will tell you what to do and it is what I plan to do.

The associated glucometer is a contour Next Link that is the one that receives all the pump data to send them to the web program called Carelink.

You have to have another contour Next Link to connect to another extra mobile and this sends the data to Nightcout and you can also send it to a smartwatch or a pebble.

To see the data in Nightscout you can use an Android mobile or an iPhone.

My intention is to be able to see at all times my levels in a pebble or a smart watch because I am the diabetic

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/25/2017 9:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Joseludi said:
is that you say that bomb they plan to put @raulgc
In the case of a Medtronic 640g I will tell you what to do and it is what I plan to do.

The associated glucometer is a contour Next Link that is the one that receives all the pump data to send them to the web program called Carelink.

You have to have another contour Next Link to connect to another extra mobile and this sends the data to Nightcout and you can also send it to a smartwatch or a pebble.

My intention is to be able to see at all times my levels in a pebble or a smart watch because I am the diabetic

The one they are offering in my health center is 640g

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
07/25/2017 9:55 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

raulgc said:
Joseludi said:
is that you don't say that bomb they plan to put @raulgc

The one that they are offering in my health center is the 640g

Well, when you have it calls for elevation, saying that you want to ask for an extra glucometer for any reason (I said that to work I have to travel and wanted to have a CNL at work in case I forget at home)

Then you will have to buy an Android mobile with USB-OTG capacity.If it is for you, I suppose you simply see it on a clock (I have to take the bomb to me, I don't like it, I still have no sensors to record).You can choose a pebble although they no longer manufacture them or a smart watch.These would receive the data from the mobile by Bluetooth.

Basically this would be the scheme:

640g ----- & GT;CTL ------ & GT;Android Mobile (Uploader + XDrip +) ----- & GT;Pebble or smart watch

xDrip+ --------- & GT;Pebble or smartwatch (without internet, by Bluetooth)
xDrip+ ----------- & GT;Nightscout (Internet or Wifi) to see it on the website and see reports

This is broad.There are groups dedicated to all this in English and Spanish where everything is in more detail

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/25/2017 10:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I thought it wasn't so complicated.Well I guess when I have it will not be so mess, it will be to do it.
Thank you all.

Raulgc's profile photo
Raulgc
07/25/2017 10:25 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1.
Medtronic 640g
Freestyle libre.
Última hemo 6,3.
Hipotiroidismo.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.