Overlap insulin dose

Miexron's profile photo   09/04/2016 9:15 p.m.

Hello good!
Reideing you I see that it is quite common for most overlapping dose of insulin.That is, put more insulin before the previous dose is over.Corrected at the time or less (not a dose for food, but of an earlier correction), put on a rapid amount to eat something, and then half an hour to put more to eat that other thing or because while you ate you see thatInsulin will be missing for what you are eating ... they would be some examples.
This my endocrine was the first thing that prohibited me, arguing that overlapping dose of insulin, they are casi impossible to anticipate how they will act , even for people who have been for a long time like ... who even forCorrect myself wait 3 hours minimum, and if I wanted to eat something significant (snack) between foods the same, minimum 3 hours distanced from the previous dose.
And the question is ... myth or reality?If I start eating 5 portions of anything and at 20 minutes I realize that there were not 5 but 6, I put that unit more or not?As I understood I should not do it, but it seems a bit nonsense ...
Let's see if you can help me with this existential doubt haha!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/04/2016 9:15 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

I meo with the endocrine hahaha I at the weddings ... as the dishes are coming, I'm injecting ... I have come to count 6 injections.Of 2 ... 3 ... 1 ... and in the end I have stuck it.
When I am high and I still have to make the food and I do not know how many hydrates I will eat, I apply the correction (2/3 units) and at 20 minutes when I feel to eat normal.
The endocrine are very ready and licensed ... but any proactive and disciplined diabetic of a few years of evolution knows better than handling diabetes and certain types of things like these ...
The problem is that it is a mess, and not to explain it to you and not take your fingers fear you, because you will have seen each case ... anyway.What do you do what your heart dictates !!!
A hug, that we have the luck and luxury of being able to experiment with our body ... And when we get well it is the ostia haha ​​...
(It shows that I come from eating around and I have stuck it hahaha, without more I have started eating the chipirón iron with its sauce and such, but the volume of potatoes was cosideable, so without thinking I have once again put 2 unitsinsulin ... and now perfect)

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
09/05/2016 2:53 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

It seems to me that your doctor does not know much or as Marcos says, he does not want to complicate his life, at the cost of his patients to have horrible lives.What is that if you eat too much you can't correct immediately?#-either

Can you imagine that he tells those who take bomb?

It is true that sometimes overlapping insulins have a greater or lesser effect than when you click separately, but if you have experience and calculate it well there is usually no problem.

Sometimes clicking "normal" or without overlapping anything, it also acts strangely, taking time to act too much or acting too quickly.In the end everything is a matter of practice.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/05/2016 3:21 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thanks for the answers!
The truth is that the man is seen, I suppose it will be what you say, that I preferred to simplify it because it was the first time we saw each other and did not see that it was going to line it ... it is very cautious in plan notI wanted me to take fear of insulin if I gave me a hiccade, that was little by little and always threw towards hyper not towards hiccups ... etc.
But well I have more chewing everything so I will experience and I will not be hungry there for not wanting to wear more and that overlap :))
The next time I see him I will tell him that I have done it and ask him again, to see if the anger is done or tells me that it is worth it, that I do haha.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/05/2016 10:41 a.m.

Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

@Miexron I am with @sherpa, you give a prudential time to control the descent but if it is still quite out of range and more if it follows with a rise tendency I correct again, the pump discounts you the active insulin and the bowling calculator too,If you do not have them, try to have the data of how much was the last correction and when not to overcome, but I do not wait for three hours or coña either.I understand maintaining a logic prudence but that is indolence there is an abyss.I have known doctors who recommend keeping children in 200 to avoid scares.No comments ... hugs

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
09/05/2016 11:59 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Here they explain how to calculate active insulin of a recent bolus (yes, then there are imponderables, basal peaks, exercise, protein fat effect, etc etc etc. that make sometimes the calculations go to the punch)

Jaime-dulceguerrero.com/ente-el-tiempo-de-robajo-of-la-insulin-active/

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
09/05/2016 12:10 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Well, they also told me the same, 3 hours have always been expected between insulinEating again to be able to put the insulin, above all it happens to us at mid -morning breakfyIt is afraid to correct and in the next meal that I insulin can give you a hiccI have fatal, luckily at the moment the guideline of insulin is according to bloodEven a cow: P, as other days do not feel like eating, in short that it is all as complicated, we take it as we can.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
09/05/2016 12:21 p.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

If the endocrine does not have diabetes will know all the theory but we know the theory and we have the practice because we experience it in our body.It is your duty to notify you of the possible consequences as it is normal but then you will see if what they had told you is true or it is half true.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/05/2016 2:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, with my daughter we would have it fatal.It is very difficult to know what you are going to eat, so many times you are clicking twice during food.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
09/05/2016 4:36 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

There are endocrine for everything.Each one is a world.I do the single, knowing what I have eaten, the fats, the HC, the sugars more or less know if it can continue to climb or not.
As the partners say, the theory is very pretty but diabetes must be carried, a diabetic and updated endo is important, to look for them !!!!;)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
09/05/2016 6:07 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well, it is clear that we get the conclusion that nothing goes over to overlap dose haha, you just have to walk with an eye and learn, thanks for the comments!
It's okay to tell us things to be cautious, but it would be better than instead of telling half truths, they told the whole truth, then this only creates distrust and little desire to ask more things ...

Thank you @ainhoa ​​for the link and the table! It is useful, it already had something like that in the head, but well see it structured and reaffirmed by an expert.How bad to keep the kids to 200 for preventing, you pretend a hiccthe doses of insulin and others.

@jconegar I have an educator who is diabetic, and the truth is that I think, he knows more than the doctor ... I will have to take him for him better haha.

It is something complicated and overwhelming @rosi, and it must be even more with a little one.But well I encourage you to keep learning and try to solve the doubts that you have and those peaks that you speak that I suppose it would be better to avoid.It gets very high to lunch?Here there are many teachers who surely can help you, I'm still very new, but I can help!

Greetings to all!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
09/05/2016 10:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.