Meal?

Dantrox55's profile photo   07/26/2017 9:16 p.m.

My name is Dante I am 12 years old and I want your help to control my levels since there are good days and days that I do not know why up to 300 without eating too much, I use 24 units of Lantus at 7 of Lamañana and at the meals of1 to 2 of Lispro

Dantrox55's profile photo
Dantrox55
07/26/2017 9:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, @"Dantrox55":
Are you applying your fast insulin ratio / carbohydrates well for each meal?
Do you add a little more insulin in the bolus (correction) when parts of glucose out of target before eating?It is not the same to start eating with 92 than with 139 mg/dl ...
You do not contribute many data and only with those 3 lines it is difficult to help you ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/27/2017 8:18 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

dantrox55 said:
my name is dante I am 12 years old and I want your help to control my levels since there are good days and days that I do not know why but I get up to 300 without eating too much, I use 24Lantus units at 7 of Lamañana and at meals 1 to 2 of Lispro

Hello, welcome :)
Have you told your doctor?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/27/2017 10:52 a.m.

It is true I have not given much information about me, I am diabetic since the ageAnd it is difficult for meIt is when I apply Lispro, but I already had the beak, and I can't leave without taking anything because I would get off too much, I have already tried and I feel very bad, the nutriato tells me that I must consume milk because it is necessaryFor my growth, the strange thing is that I do not see progress in my growth I am worried: ((: ((((

Dantrox55's profile photo
Dantrox55
07/27/2017 6:15 p.m.

Consume 4 María and milk cookies need a rapid insulin bolus.It is a good amount of carbohydrates ... if I started that with anything fast in the morning I would have much more than 240 mg/dl ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/28/2017 9:22 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

@"Dantrox55" have you taught you to calculate the rations of carbohydrates that you should take at each meal?

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
07/28/2017 9:31 a.m.

@Dantrox55 have tried to eat a fruit instead of milk and cookies?The fruit rises less than cookies and slower, in addition to having more nutrients than cookies.
And the milk would tell you that you take it whole and not light.The fat of the milk is not bad and that you are growing can come good.
Do you eat vegetables, fish, meat, eggs ..?They are foods with more nutrients and to grow is what can help you the most.But I wouldn't worry much about growing, each one gives the stretch at an age.At 11, I already measured almost the same as I am 31 and I took a head from my course.When we had 16 some already happened to me and that I am high (I am 1.70).In addition the boys usually give the stretch later than the girls.Do not worry much about that but try to learn everything possible from food and calculate dose of insulin because wearing good control is important.
In the forum there is enough food information and if there is the Internet that too.

Let's see if you are gradually improving the controls, encourage !!

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
07/28/2017 3 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

What you have to do is go to the endocrine and teach you to count rations and put the insulin as it is, with a glass of milk and four cookies must be injected fast insulin.@"Dantrox55" You have to go to your doctor to ask you all the doubts you have and to teach you well when and how much you need fast insulin.All the best.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/28/2017 3:15 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Dantrox55", the rapid usually gets before eating hydrates.In breakfast they usually need more units by ration.If you say that later it goes down, it is because of the slow one.
In my opinion, you are getting very little fast and, perhaps, too slow.
The total number rapid units in the day is usually similar to the total slow.
How do you have glycosilada?
As you advise you, you need a good endocrinologist who treats you.
The nutritionists are not doctors and you may not know how to regulate the dose of insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/28/2017 7:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Dantrox55" follows these tips and sees an endocrine to learn.So that you can be well controlled by diabetes, you will need to know your rapid insulin ratios well, adjust your slow dose so that your glucose remains as stable as possible between meals and know the sensitivity factor to be able to correct yourself when you are high without finishingHypoglycemiaThose are the 3 factors that you first have to know, in addition to knowing how to count rations well ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
07/29/2017 10:11 a.m.

Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
Sensor Enlite

Look at your glycemia levels before eating, if they are between 100 and 150, they are good measures, but, if they are above 200, you must get more to compensate for the lag.Do it 2 or 3 days and you will draw conclusions from the "why" of those increases.I also observe that you get 24U.From Lantus and only 1 or 2 of Lispro to eat, I don't know, I see something decompensated.If you do what I have told you, it will give you many clues.Greetings.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
07/30/2017 12:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.